PDA

View Full Version : Dozens in GOP revolt "No Child, etc., Act" Disgusting they say.

Psychoblues
03-16-2007, 10:17 PM
It’s about the money, my friends, it’s only about the money.

“More than 50 House and Senate GOP members -- including the House's second-ranking Republican -- will introduce legislation today that could severely undercut President Bush's signature domestic achievement, the No Child Left Behind Act, by allowing states to opt out of its testing mandates.

For a White House fighting off attacks on its war policy and dealing with a burgeoning scandal at the Justice Department, the GOP dissidents' move is a fresh blow on a new front. Among the co-sponsors of the legislation are House Minority Whip Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a key supporter of the measure in 2001, and John Cornyn (R-Tex.), Bush's most reliable defender in the Senate. Rep. Eric Cantor (Va.), the House GOP's chief deputy whip and a supporter in 2001, has also signed on.

Burson Snyder, a spokesman for Blunt, said that after several meetings with school administrators and teachers in southwest Missouri, the House Republican leader turned against the measure he helped pass. Blunt was convinced that the burdens and red tape of the No Child Left Behind Act are unacceptably onerous, Snyder said.

Some Republicans said yesterday that a backlash against the law was inevitable. Many voters in affluent suburban and exurban districts -- GOP strongholds -- think their schools have been adversely affected by the law. Once-innovative public schools have increasingly become captive to federal testing mandates, jettisoning education programs not covered by those tests, siphoning funds from programs for the talented and gifted, and discouraging creativity, critics say.”

Education has never been a serious consideration by the elitists and professionals in Washington. They can’t handle the competition, don’t you know?

stephanie
03-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Oh oh..... Wasn't Teddy boy Kennedy a sponsor of this bill...

He is going to be............PISSED

And we all know he is an elitists.

:dance:

Gaffer
03-16-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm still waiting for some dem bashing by psiko. He always says he goes after both equally. hmmmm could that have been a falsehood?

Hugh Lincoln
03-16-2007, 10:36 PM
President Bush's signature domestic achievement, the No Child Left Behind Act

Wow, what a visionary conservative.

:pee:

Psychoblues
03-16-2007, 10:50 PM
You are just a fuckin' liar, gafferdumbo. or maybe you was talking to "psiko"" That name is not registered here.

I'm still waiting for some dem bashing by psiko. He always says he goes after both equally. hmmmm could that have been a falsehood?

You talking to me, shithead, or are you just talking?

Gaffer
03-16-2007, 11:10 PM
You are just a fuckin' liar, gafferdumbo. or maybe you was talking to "psiko"" That name is not registered here.

Yeah I was talking to you. You say over and over that your non-partisan, but all you ever post is Bush and GOP hatred. Your nothing but another Bush hating liberal. with an ego problem.

Psychoblues
03-16-2007, 11:19 PM
I joked on one thread that I was non-partisan. I later in the same thread clarified the statement that I had since reconsidered.

Yeah I was talking to you. You say over and over that your non-partisan, but all you ever post is Bush and GOP hatred. Your nothing but another Bush hating liberal. with an ego problem.

Are you just joking with me, trying to be funny or are you really as stupid as you present yourself to be?

Gaffer
03-16-2007, 11:22 PM
I joked on one thread that I was non-partisan. I later in the same thread clarified the statement that I had since reconsidered.

Are you just joking with me, trying to be funny or are you really as stupid as you present yourself to be?

I just like pegging liars for what they are. you can go back to your Bush bashing now.

Psychoblues
03-16-2007, 11:55 PM
You intimated that I go "on and on" about being "non-partisan". Put up or shut up, chickenshit!!!!!!

I just like pegging liars for what they are. you can go back to your Bush bashing now.

Or otherwise, stop telling lies and I'll stop calling you the liar that you are.

Sheesh, what a fuckin' moran

Hobbit
03-17-2007, 01:42 AM

'Hibbit,' isn't a registered name, either, jackass.

Oh, and moran isn't a word. You're probably thinking of 'moraine,' though I'm not sure how a glacial chunk of dirt is really an insult. Maybe it's because it's a French word. It seems kinda stupid to me.

03-17-2007, 02:31 AM
Well what do you expect when Ted Kennedy writes a bill?

Psychoblues
03-18-2007, 06:47 PM
I think that gwb wrote it and Teddy signed off on it after a good night of celebrating on the tab of gwb.

Well what do you expect when Ted Kennedy writes a bill?

Otherwise, how can anyone explain the idiocies of the bill?

stephanie
03-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Nice to hear you admit ole Teddy boy is a drunk....:laugh2:

5stringJeff
03-18-2007, 09:15 PM
NCLB is a sham.

MtnBiker
03-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Oh, and moran isn't a word. You're probably thinking of 'moraine,' though I'm not sure how a glacial chunk of dirt is really an insult. Maybe it's because it's a French word. It seems kinda stupid to me.

I think he was going for moron, not moraine.

Sheesh, what a fuckin' moran

Holy Hell! that's funny, he tries to call someone a moron, then spells the word wrong. Made himself look like the true moron. Classic!!

Hobbit
03-18-2007, 09:45 PM
I think he was going for moron, not moraine.

Main Entry: sar·casm
Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm
synonym see WIT

Psychoblues
03-19-2007, 09:52 PM
I still think you a fuckin' MORAN!!!!

Main Entry: sar·casm
Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm
synonym see WIT

Look it up on Google. Last I checked it refers to a junior grade rightwinger that was protesting a leftist interacton with the PTB, Powers That Be. He probably did think the protesters were "Morans".

stephanie
03-20-2007, 03:57 AM
:lol: IDTWGAS..............
look it up.......in google??........:laugh2:

Psychoblues
03-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah, staphy, look that up, too.

You freakin' moran.

5stringJeff
03-23-2007, 11:24 PM

Nothing shows up in Google. What is that?

MtnBiker
03-23-2007, 11:28 PM
A picture of Pychoblues

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg

Hobbit
03-23-2007, 11:35 PM
According to UrbanDictionary.com (the ONLY dictionary with moran listed as anything but a surname) has these as the top 4 definitions. The others either weren't voted on much or recieved a low rating.

1. moran
148 up, 27 down

Anyone with an opposing view.

2. Moran
73 up, 9 down

The ironic way to spell moron.

3. moran
72 up, 14 down

The correct spelling of moran when posting to fark (www.fark.com)

4. moran
35 up, 18 down

A moron's spelling of the word moron which means idiot.
Also the name of a city in the state of Kansas.

And here's a link to that page of Urban Dictionary. No listing for psycho's definition whatsoever.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moran

Psychoblues
03-24-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks, Biker, that's the picture I was referring to.

A picture of Pychoblues

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg

Can you give a more definitive explanation and desription of the time, place and circumstance where that photo was taken? I understand if you would rather not.

Hobbit
03-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Thanks, Biker, that's the picture I was referring to.

Can you give a more definitive explanation and desription of the time, place and circumstance where that photo was taken? I understand if you would rather not.

That's a less than highly educated redneck at a Kansas City rally in support of the war. Here's a wider shot of the picture.
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/moran-7512.jpg

No, not everybody in the conservative movement can spell. However, this guy can at least form a coherant thought rather than accusing someone of anal sex for disagreeing with him over a non-scandal that nobody even cares about.

stephanie
03-24-2007, 12:38 AM
Nothing shows up in Google. What is that?

I made it up...

Meaning...

I don't think we give a shit..

Psychoblues
03-25-2007, 04:26 AM
It's a great shot and thanks again for your contributions, hibbitt.

That's a less than highly educated redneck at a Kansas City rally in support of the war. Here's a wider shot of the picture.
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/moran-7512.jpg

No, not everybody in the conservative movement can spell. However, this guy can at least form a coherant thought rather than accusing someone of anal sex for disagreeing with him over a non-scandal that nobody even cares about.

I would rather that you refrain from idiotic redneck comments. You make your party look even worse than they are when you do that.