PDA

View Full Version : Obama Shares The Stage With Bill Ayers

red states rule
10-06-2008, 09:15 AM
So Obama doesnt have any relationship with Bill Ayers? So Obama barely knows him?

Obama is not a racist? Obama loves eveyone?

Well here is an article that disputes those facts. Here Obama is only two eager to share the stage with Bill Ayers and Michelle Obama, in which Bill Ayers calls the government racist

Close-up on juvenile justice
Author, former offender among speakers

By Jennifer Vanasco
News Office

Children who kill are called "super predators," "people with no conscience," "feral pre-social beings" -- and "adults."

William Ayers, author of A Kind and Just Parent: The Children of Juvenile Court (Beacon Press, 1997), says "We should call a child a child. A 13-year-old who picks up a gun isn't suddenly an adult. We have to ask other questions: How did he get the gun? Where did it come from?"

Ayers, who spent a year observing the Cook County Temporary Juvenile Detention Center in Chicago, is one of four panelists who will speak on juvenile justice at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 20, in the C-Shop. The panel, which marks the 100th anniversary of the juvenile justice system in the United States, is part of the Community Service Center's monthly discussion series on issues affecting the city of Chicago. The event is free and open to the public.

Ayers will be joined by Sen. Barack Obama, Senior Lecturer in the Law School, who is working to combat legislation that would put more juvenile offenders into the adult system; Randolph Stone, Director of the Mandel Legal Aid Clinic; Alex Correa, a reformed juvenile offender who spent seven years in Cook County Temporary Detention Center; Frank Tobin, a former priest and teacher at the Detention Center who helped Correa; and Willy Baldwin, who grew up in public housing and is currently a teacher at the Detention Center.

The juvenile justice system was founded by Chicago reformer Jane Addams, who advocated the establishment of a separate court system for children which would act like a "kind and just parent" for children in crisis.

One hundred years later, the system is "overcrowded, under-funded, over-centralized and racist," Ayers said.

Michelle Obama, Associate Dean of Student Services and Director of the University Community Service Center, hopes bringing issues like this to campus will open a dialogue between members of the University community and the broader community.

"Students and faculty explore these issues in the classroom, but it is an internal conversation," Obama said. "We know that issues like juvenile justice impact the city of Chicago, this nation and -- directly or indirectly -- this campus. This panel gives students a chance to hear about the juvenile justice system not only on a theoretical level, but from the people who have experienced it."

http://chronicle.uchicago.edu/971106/justice.shtml

theHawk
10-06-2008, 11:58 AM
He launched his political career in his living room.

He served on a board with him for 2 years.

He lives in the same neighborhood as Ayers.

He is most "certainly friendly" with Ayers according to his own campaign manager.

He shared the stage with him in 1997 whinning about how juveniles are treated and that the system is 'racist'.

But there is no "connection" between the two. He is not "associated" with this terrorist.

Binky
10-06-2008, 01:09 PM
He launched his political career in his living room.

He served on a board with him for 2 years.

He lives in the same neighborhood as Ayers.

He is most "certainly friendly" with Ayers according to his own campaign manager.

He shared the stage with him in 1997 whinning about how juveniles are treated and that the system is 'racist'.

But there is no "connection" between the two. He is not "associated" with this terrorist.

As far as I'm concerned, you are known by the company you keep. A crook is a crook. A murderer is a murderer. A fancy line of bullpucky is still in essence, bullpucky.

Hagbard Celine
10-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Obama served on a board with Ayers. That is all. The GOP Ayers attacks these days reek of desperation. Meanwhile:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDlpWfLyYss&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDlpWfLyYss&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

McCain has flushed his honor down the toilet. Amidst the greatest financial crisis in a generation and two failed wars abroad, the McPalin camp has deemed it necessary to flush-out ridiculous attack-ads concerning Reverend Wright and Obama's middle name "Hussein." OMG!

Conservatism is dead. What we're seeing now is the death rattle.

Obama '08!

theHawk
10-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Obama served on a board with Ayers. That is all. The GOP Ayers attacks these days reek of desperation. Meanwhile:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDlpWfLyYss&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDlpWfLyYss&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

McCain has flushed his honor down the toilet. Amidst the greatest financial crisis in a generation and two failed wars abroad, the McPalin camp has deemed it necessary to flush-out ridiculous attack-ads concerning Reverend Wright and Obama's middle name "Hussein." OMG!

Conservatism is dead. What we're seeing now is the death rattle.

Obama '08!

You sound just like an Obama parrott.

Funny how you glossed over the fact Obama was in Ayers house for a fund raiser.

You visit many ex-terrorists homes Haggy? Does the common American?

Hagbard Celine
10-06-2008, 01:58 PM
You sound just like an Obama parrott.

Funny how you glossed over the fact Obama was in Ayers house for a fund raiser.

You visit many ex-terrorists homes Haggy? Does the common American?

Obama isn't a common American. He's an extraordinary American. You shouldn't want a "common American" in the highest office in the land Hawk. Of course, I'm sure you were one of the sad, sad undersexed troglodytes who could hardly contain your erection when Palin winked atchya during her "stellar" debate performance. :rolleyes:
I'd like a list of all the other people who were also at that fund raiser Hawk. Are they all terrorists?!?!? OMG! No, they're not. Just Obama right? What a joke.
You probably didn't even stop to consider the fact that Ayers is a high-profile member of the Chicago community and that many well-to-do people from that area were at the fund raiser did you Hawk? No, no you didn't. You simply heard Rush say it, so you rushed back over here so you could regurgitate it onto one-o-them LIBRALS! DUUUUURURRUUURRRP!

red states rule
10-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Obama isn't a common American. He's an extraordinary American. You shouldn't want a "common American" in the highest office in the land Hawk. Of course, I'm sure you were one of the sad, sad undersexed troglodytes who could hardly contain your erection when Palin winked atchya during her "stellar" debate performance. :rolleyes:
I'd like a list of all the other people who were also at that fund raiser Hawk. Are they all terrorists?!?!? OMG! No, they're not. Just Obama right? What a joke.
You probably didn't even stop to consider the fact that Ayers is a high-profile member of the Chicago community and that many well-to-do people from that area were at the fund raiser did you Hawk? No, no you didn't. You simply heard Rush say it, so you rushed back over here so you could regurgitate it onto one-o-them LIBRALS! DUUUUURURRUUURRRP!

I do not need to read or hear anyones words but Ayers words

He is proud of blowing nup buildings, and he still hates America. Why am i not surprised libs like you do not have a problem with it

Like many libs, you are only interested in power, and you do not care how you attain more of it

No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives; In a Memoir of Sorts, a War Protester Talks of Life With the Weathermen

By DINITIA SMITH
Published: September 11, 2001
''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.'' Mr. Ayers, who spent the 1970's as a fugitive in the Weather Underground, was sitting in the kitchen of his big turn-of-the-19th-century stone house in the Hyde Park district of Chicago. The long curly locks in his Wanted poster are shorn, though he wears earrings. He still has tattooed on his neck the rainbow-and-lightning Weathermen logo that appeared on letters taking responsibility for bombings. And he still has the ebullient, ingratiating manner, the apparently intense interest in other people, that made him a charismatic figure in the radical student movement.

Now he has written a book, ''Fugitive Days'' (Beacon Press, September). Mr. Ayers, who is 56, calls it a memoir, somewhat coyly perhaps, since he also says some of it is fiction. He writes that he participated in the bombings of New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, of the Capitol building in 1971, the Pentagon in 1972. But Mr. Ayers also seems to want to have it both ways, taking responsibility for daring acts in his youth, then deflecting it.

''Is this, then, the truth?,'' he writes. ''Not exactly. Although it feels entirely honest to me.''

But why would someone want to read a memoir parts of which are admittedly not true? Mr. Ayers was asked.

''Obviously, the point is it's a reflection on memory,'' he answered. ''It's true as I remember it.''

Mr. Ayers is probably safe from prosecution anyway. A spokeswoman for the Justice Department said there was a five-year statute of limitations on Federal crimes except in cases of murder or when a person has been indicted.

Mr. Ayers, who in 1970 was said to have summed up the Weatherman philosophy as: ''Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, kill your parents, that's where it's really at,'' is today distinguished professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago. And he says he doesn't actually remember suggesting that rich people be killed or that people kill their parents, but ''it's been quoted so many times I'm beginning to think I did,'' he said. ''It was a joke about the distribution of wealth.''

He went underground in 1970, after his girlfriend, Diana Oughton, and two other people were killed when bombs they were making exploded in a Greenwich Village town house. With him in the Weather Underground was Bernardine Dohrn, who was put on the F.B.I.'s 10 Most Wanted List. J. Edgar Hoover called her ''the most dangerous woman in America'' and ''la Pasionara of the Lunatic Left.'' Mr. Ayers and Ms. Dohrn later married.

In his book Mr. Ayers describes the Weathermen descending into a ''whirlpool of violence.''

''Everything was absolutely ideal on the day I bombed the Pentagon,'' he writes. But then comes a disclaimer: ''Even though I didn't actually bomb the Pentagon -- we bombed it, in the sense that Weathermen organized it and claimed it.'' He goes on to provide details about the manufacture of the bomb and how a woman he calls Anna placed the bomb in a restroom. No one was killed or injured, though damage was extensive.

Between 1970 and 1974 the Weathermen took responsibility for 12 bombings, Mr. Ayers writes, and also helped spring Timothy Leary (sentenced on marijuana charges) from jail.

Today, Mr. Ayers and Ms. Dohrn, 59, who is director of the Legal Clinic's Children and Family Justice Center of Northwestern University, seem like typical baby boomers, caring for aging parents, suffering the empty-nest syndrome. Their son, Malik, 21, is at the University of California, San Diego; Zayd, 24, teaches at Boston University. They have also brought up Chesa Boudin, 21, the son of David Gilbert and Kathy Boudin, who are serving prison terms for a 1981 robbery of a Brinks truck in Rockland County, N.Y., that left four people dead. Last month, Ms. Boudin's application for parole was rejected.

So, would Mr. Ayers do it all again, he is asked? ''I don't want to discount the possibility,'' he said.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F02E1DE1438F932A2575AC0A9679C8B 63

Immanuel
10-06-2008, 02:10 PM

Welcome back Hag! Now that I realize I haven't seen ya in a while, I just want to say that I've missed ya.

The only thing I see Obama being extraordinary at is being a racist and associating with radicals. That is not the kind of man that I want to run this country. Unfortunately, it does appear that he will be doing so come January.

I must say that McCain is also not the kind of man I want to run this country, but we're stuck with one of them. God, I know you don't believe in God, but God help us anyway.

Immie

namvet
10-06-2008, 02:26 PM

ever hear of ACORN ????

red states rule
10-06-2008, 05:32 PM
ever hear of ACORN ????

I wonder why libs put so much effort into rigging elections when they have already rigged the judicial system

red states rule
10-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Welcome back Hag! Now that I realize I haven't seen ya in a while, I just want to say that I've missed ya.

The only thing I see Obama being extraordinary at is being a racist and associating with radicals. That is not the kind of man that I want to run this country. Unfortunately, it does appear that he will be doing so come January.

I must say that McCain is also not the kind of man I want to run this country, but we're stuck with one of them. God, I know you don't believe in God, but God help us anyway.

Immie

See how Chris Matthews is upset over anyone talking about Ayers

'Hardball' Dismisses Ayers as 'Politics of Distraction'
By Geoffrey Dickens (Bio | Archive)
October 6, 2008 - 18:59 ET

In a segment headlined, "The Politics of Distraction," Chris Matthews, on Monday night's "Hardball," dismissed the McCain/Palin campaign's linking of Bill Ayers to Barack Obama. Matthews conjured a scenario where the GOP was trying to use Obama's tie to Ayers, his middle name of "Hussein," and his donor list to turn Obama into "a man of dangerous mystery."

I see an attempt, over the last seven days, to tie three points together in the thinking of older voters, especially, so that they can have a mystery about Barack Obama they hadn't had last week. One, this question of Bill Ayers, the Weathermen, back 10 years or so in Chicago politics or Chicago organizing politics. Two, his middle name Hussein. And three, the question of who his donor list includes? I think they're putting this together by demanding that donor list. They're trying to build the case that he's a man of mystery. That, not that he's a street corner guy from the ghetto but that he's somehow maybe connected to terrorism because of this past association with a terrorist. With his middle name being Hussein, which I predicted last week, everybody it's, everybody I talked to, it was coming out. And third this donor list game. They are trying to make him a man of dangerous mystery because they can't beat him on the standard issues of this election.

In the first segment of the show, Matthews invited on the Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan and the Washington Post's Eugene Robinson to discuss the McCain campaign allegedly distracting voters with Ayers, and for his part, Robinson issued this rallying cry to his colleagues in the press:

"We shouldn't, we shouldn't let them do that, though. We in the media shouldn't let them do that."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2008/10/06/hardball-dismisses-ayers-politics-distraction

Silver
10-06-2008, 09:07 PM

--------------------------------------------------

Who said BHO was a terrorist? Who sad anyone was a terrorist EXCEPT Ayers himself....
PS...Is English your second language? If so, I understand your mis-characterization of the posts...
--------------------------------------------------

You probably didn't even stop to consider the fact that Ayers is a high-profile member of the Chicago community and that many well-to-do people from that area were at the fund raiser did you Hawk? No, no you didn't. You simply heard Rush say it, so you rushed back over here so you could regurgitate it onto one-o-them LIBRALS! DUUUUURURRUUURRRP!s

Yurt
10-06-2008, 09:20 PM

:lol:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/BidenCaveman.jpg

red states rule
10-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Maybe this will come up in the town hall debate tonight

The Bomber as School Reformer
Voters—and debate moderators—shouldn’t let Bill Ayers and Barack Obama off the hook.
6 October 2008
Back in the early eighties, in an interview with David Horowitz and Peter Collier, Bill Ayers remembered his reaction upon learning that he would not be prosecuted by the government for his bombing spree as a member of the Weather Underground. “Guilty as hell, free as a bird—America is a great country,” he exulted. Ayers is now a university professor, but he must have been exulting all over again after reading Saturday’s front-page story in the New York Times.

The article explored the putative relationship between Ayers and Barack Obama during the time they worked together on the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a five-year philanthropic venture that, starting in 1995, distributed over $160 million in school-improvement grants to the Windy City’s public schools. Ayers wrote the grant proposal that secured seed money for the schools and ran the implementation arm of the project; Obama became chairman of the board that distributed the grants. Not only did the Times exonerate the Democratic presidential candidate of having anything like a “close” relationship with Ayers—their paths merely “crossed” while working on the Challenge, the paper said—but it also bestowed the honorific of “school reformer” on the ex-bomber. “Mr. Ayers has been a professor of education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, the author or editor of 15 books, and an advocate of school reform,” the article maintained. On Meet the Press Sunday morning, Tom Brokaw—who will be moderating tomorrow’s debate between the presidential candidates—picked up this now conventional wisdom and described Ayers as “a school reformer.”

Calling Bill Ayers a school reformer is a bit like calling Joseph Stalin an agricultural reformer. (If you find the metaphor strained, consider that Walter Duranty, the infamous New York Times reporter covering the Soviet Union in the 1930s, did, in fact, depict Stalin as a great land reformer who created happy, productive collective farms.) For instance, at a November 2006 education forum in Caracas, Venezuela, with President Hugo Chávez at his side, Ayers proclaimed his support for “the profound educational reforms under way here in Venezuela under the leadership of President Chávez. We share the belief that education is the motor-force of revolution. . . . I look forward to seeing how you continue to overcome the failings of capitalist education as you seek to create something truly new and deeply humane.” Ayers concluded his speech by declaring that “Venezuela is poised to offer the world a new model of education—a humanizing and revolutionary model whose twin missions are enlightenment and liberation,” and then, as in days of old, raised his fist and chanted: “Viva Presidente Chávez! Viva la Revolucion Bolivariana! Hasta la Victoria Siempre!”

As I have shown in previous articles in City Journal, Ayers’s school reform agenda focuses almost exclusively on the idea of teaching for “social justice” in the classroom. This has nothing to do with the social-justice ideals of the Sermon on the Mount or Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech. Rather, Ayers and his education school comrades are explicit about the need to indoctrinate public school children with the belief that America is a racist, militarist country and that the capitalist system is inherently unfair and oppressive. As a leader of this growing “reform” movement, Ayers was recently elected vice president for curriculum of the American Education Research Association, the nation’s largest organization of ed school professors and researchers.

Despite the Times story, American voters still don’t have an accurate picture of the relationship between Obama and Ayers during their work on the Annenberg Challenge. The paper’s account quoted several people who worked on the project as saying that they didn’t think Ayers had any role in selecting Obama for his position as chairman. But we haven’t heard a word about the subject from the two principals. For the first time in his life, Ayers seems to be observing Democratic Party discipline and won’t be talking until after November 4. Meanwhile, in one of the Democratic primary debates, Obama said that Ayers was just “a guy I know in the neighborhood”—which certainly qualifies as one of the biggest fibs told by any of the candidates so far.

Is it too much to hope that one of the moderators of the two remaining debates will press Obama for a fuller accounting of his work with Bill Ayers on the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, and also ask Obama what he thinks of Ayers’s views on school reform? If the mainstream media deem it important that voters know which newspapers one of the vice presidential candidates reads, they certainly ought to be demanding more information from a presidential candidate about whom he collaborated with in distributing $160 million to the public schools. How about it, Tom Brokaw?
http://www.city-journal.org/2008/eon1006ss.html