View Full Version : Dow Is Below 10,000

red states rule
10-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Dow is down by more then 400 points and has dropped below 10,000

I thought Dems said the bailout would fix everything

I guess the Dow is going into the blackhole like out $1 trillion in tax money

Noir
10-06-2008, 10:11 AM
I know not the details of the bail out, but, the whole point Is to give re banks confidence to lend to each other again, it will not be instant, to expect such is unreasonable.

red states rule
10-06-2008, 10:15 AM
I know not the details of the bail out, but, the whole point Is to give re banks confidence to lend to each other again, it will not be instant, to expect such is unreasonable.

People may be starting to see bailout bill was bullshit

actsnoblemartin
10-06-2008, 10:15 AM

may be ? :laugh2:

red states rule
10-06-2008, 10:18 AM
may be ? :laugh2:

The FEds tossed everything they had at the problem, Dems thumped their chest saying they came to the rescue - yet look at the red ink on Wall St today

Noir
10-06-2008, 10:22 AM

You are slating the bill and it has been in action for how long? And it is fighting against economic problems that ahve been likened to the greAt depressin and you expect it to be fixed overnight? Web shot a long way to go yet I'm sure.

Binky
10-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I suspect we are going to see more of Wall St. drops and Dow plumbing. It isn't over, by any means. Considering all that's going on, only a fool would believe it's over and done with.

The bailout was a bucket of water in trying to extinquish the flame. It is not going to put out the fire that has been brewing.

Too many crooks and not enough fire hydrants.

red states rule
10-06-2008, 10:32 AM
I suspect we are going to see more of Wall St. drops and Dow plumbing. It isn't over, by any means. Considering all that's going on, only a fool would believe it's over and done with.

The bailout was a bucket of water in trying to extinquish the flame. It is not going to put out the fire that has been brewing.

Too many crooks and not enough fire hydrants.

Dems, as usual, told us throwing money at the problem would solve the problem.

Does Wall St want MORE money? Will Dems want to throw more money at the the problem?

Or does this prove, if the government would have stayed the hell out of the way, the market would have corrected itself?

MtnBiker
10-06-2008, 10:43 AM

Does Wall St want MORE money? Will Dems want to throw more money at the the problem?

Or does this prove, if the government would have stayed the hell out of the way, the market would have corrected itself?

Democrats did not pass that bill by themselves. Bush asked for it to be passed.

red states rule
10-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Democrats did not pass that bill by themselves. Bush asked for it to be passed.

I know, but Dems did not need any Republcians votes to pass it. Once the pork was added, more Dems changed their votes then Republicans, and it passed

Anyone who voted for it was wrong, and everyone of them needs to be voted out of office for it

MtnBiker
10-06-2008, 10:48 AM
McCain voted for it.

red states rule
10-06-2008, 10:50 AM
McCain voted for it.

Never said I was a McCain supporter. He is way to liberal for me

Looking at the Dow, I would say Congress fixed the problem real well

At least oil is dropping. It is below $90/bbl

Noir
10-06-2008, 11:27 AM
so you expected the problem to be fixed overnight?

red states rule
10-06-2008, 11:30 AM
so you expected the problem to be fixed overnight?

This bailout was not going to solve the problem

If they wanted to solve the problem they could have cut taxes on workers and companies. Take the capital gaines tax to zero for one year, and repeal the laws that forced bank to give loans to people who had no business getting a home loan

Binky
10-06-2008, 11:54 AM

I think it proves that the we're in a huge mess here and that it isn't going to be solved with the blink of an eye or with a wand. This is not a "flash in the pan," sort of problem. This is something that has been transpiring for many years and has finally came to a head.

I suspect that with this bailout these people are only going to spend, spend, spend and then be right back where they were, which is in the same sinking boat they've helped to put us all in.

Noir
10-06-2008, 11:56 AM
you didn't answer my question at all, this problem has been years in the making, nothng would have fixed it over the weekend and you know it.

10-06-2008, 12:40 PM
I think this is just the beginning.

Mr. P
10-06-2008, 01:07 PM
I think Wall street is laughing all the way to the bank..SUCKERS!!

They are now raping the country, double dipping too..
They get our money on the bail out and are selling off all our investments which are in IRAs, 401ks...etc.

I'd think Congress could put an end to this if they had the balls. We know how that's gonna work....

red states rule
10-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Dow down by 650 points. I wonder why Reid, Pelosi, Barney Frank, Dodd, and other Dems are not in front of the TV cameras telling us how well the bailout worked

mundame
10-06-2008, 02:07 PM
I thought Dems said the bailout would fix everything

No, that was President Bush said that; it was his bailout.

He had to go to Dems to pass it because his party wouldn't.

red states rule
10-06-2008, 02:08 PM
No, that was President Bush said that; it was his bailout.

He had to go to Dems to pass it because his party wouldn't.

Did you miss the Dems press conference after the House passed the bill, or do you still have your blinders on?

mundame
10-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Did you miss the Dems press conference after the House passed the bill, or do you still have your blinders on?

Are you aware this was an administration bill wholly and that they had to go to the Dems and the Senate to pass it because Republicans wouldn't? Hey, it's your guys, the Bushies, doing all this.

So all Bushbots should be proud.

Looks like it will take awhile to restore confidence and the bailout isn't doing that, so far. It might yet. This is a panic, but it can't last forever, I don't think. Presumably it will burn out.

red states rule
10-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Are you aware this was an administration bill wholly and that they had to go to the Dems and the Senate to pass it because Republicans wouldn't? Hey, it's your guys, the Bushies, doing all this.

So all Bushbots should be proud.

Looks like it will take awhile to restore confidence and the bailout isn't doing that, so far. It might yet. This is a panic, but it can't last forever, I don't think. Presumably it will burn out.

Look Mundumb, Dems did not need any Republcians to pass the bill. Not a single vote

After pork was added as bribes, more Dems changed their vote then Republicans and the bill passed

After the House vote, Dems were crowing how they have solved the problem

Looking at the Dow, government did what they always do when they tinker with the pricate sector - they screw it up

April15
10-06-2008, 02:52 PM
So the people of America get screwed while the CEO's get parachutes. Isn't that what Bush and CO wanted for themselfs?
I love it when history repeats. The gov just ordered 500,00 plastic coffins and has them in Georgia.

red states rule
10-06-2008, 02:59 PM
So the people of America get screwed while the CEO's get parachutes. Isn't that what Bush and CO wanted for themselfs?
I love it when history repeats. The gov just ordered 500,00 plastic coffins and has them in Georgia.

You mean like Former Fannie Mae chairman Jim Johnson who is now one of Obama's advisors? I think he made about $80 million while there

April15
10-06-2008, 03:17 PM
You mean like Former Fannie Mae chairman Jim Johnson who is now one of Obama's advisors? I think he made about $80 million while thereI am sure that there are plenty of both party making out like bandits on this crises.