PDA

View Full Version : It's the economy, stupid

gabosaurus
10-06-2008, 06:05 PM
I am glad I don't have my husband's job. He is an financial adviser to some of the top investors, making him sort of an economic watchdog. The last couple of weeks have not been pretty.
The world markets have taken a huge hit, following in the footsteps of the American market. Basically, most of the world economic leaders no longer trust us. They have been sold a bill of goods by the Bushies, backed by false assurances and outright lies. Even the stabilization promised by the Bush-sponsored bailout has failed to materialized.
That has made a lot of financial movers and shakers very nervous. They are jumping off the GOP bandwagon in droves. Financial support for GOP candidates at all levels is way down.

About the only true supporters left are the right-wing bloggers and radio hacks. Even they have shifted from supporting McCain to attacking Obama. Which is why McCain's attacks have become so personal. He needs to divert talk from the real issues to the personal ones.
So far, Obama is not taking the bait. Which is too bad. If I was Obama, I would bring out some Viet Nam vets to question McCain's patriotism. Why did he cooperate with his North Vietnamese captors? Why did he stonewall so many POW-MIA actions?
Why did McCain dump his first wife and his three kids to marry a trophy wife who became a thief and a drug addict. Why did he add an obviously unqualified VP candidate merely to pander to women scorned by Hillary's downfall?
I would ask Palin for a blood test to determine paternity of her most recent child. Is she covering up for her daughter and lying to everyone? What else is she lying to us about?

Not that McCain and Palin would ever reply. They know they need to keep control of those few fools who are crazy and delusional enough to still support Bush's third term. Perhaps you are among them.

10-06-2008, 06:21 PM
please, Obama's been on the attack since day one.

And if you think Obama's associations with criminals and terrorists isnt relevant then I dont know what kool aid you are drinking but I dont want any part of it.

I can guarentee that the stock market will continue to decrease as we approach election day the more the media acts as though Obama has this election in the bag. Im not sure how much is a real economic problem or the sheer fact that intelligent people are getting out of the stock market before Obama's policies have a chance to be enacted.

Yurt
10-06-2008, 06:30 PM
I am glad I don't have my husband's job. He is an financial adviser to some of the top investors, making him sort of an economic watchdog. The last couple of weeks have not been pretty.
The world markets have taken a huge hit, following in the footsteps of the American market. Basically, most of the world economic leaders no longer trust us. They have been sold a bill of goods by the Bushies, backed by false assurances and outright lies. Even the stabilization promised by the Bush-sponsored bailout has failed to materialized.
That has made a lot of financial movers and shakers very nervous. They are jumping off the GOP bandwagon in droves. Financial support for GOP candidates at all levels is way down.

About the only true supporters left are the right-wing bloggers and radio hacks. Even they have shifted from supporting McCain to attacking Obama. Which is why McCain's attacks have become so personal. He needs to divert talk from the real issues to the personal ones.
So far, Obama is not taking the bait. Which is too bad. If I was Obama, I would bring out some Viet Nam vets to question McCain's patriotism. Why did he cooperate with his North Vietnamese captors? Why did he stonewall so many POW-MIA actions?
Why did McCain dump his first wife and his three kids to marry a trophy wife who became a thief and a drug addict. Why did he add an obviously unqualified VP candidate merely to pander to women scorned by Hillary's downfall?
I would ask Palin for a blood test to determine paternity of her most recent child. Is she covering up for her daughter and lying to everyone? What else is she lying to us about?

Not that McCain and Palin would ever reply. They know they need to keep control of those few fools who are crazy and delusional enough to still support Bush's third term. Perhaps you are among them.

you missed this thread which seems to contradict your assertions...also, it is only day one of the bailout and this thread has me thinking that maybe, just maybe, it might work, whether i agree with it or not, if it works it works....but it better never happen again

In a weak climate, U.S. dollar has surprising muscle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

very interesting, especially the take on our political system and our action in this matter....seems that contrary to my belief that the bailout is bad, some are taking it as a sign of american political stability as opposed to other markets beginning to crash

In a weak climate, U.S. dollar has surprising muscle

Stock markets are falling, credit markets remain frozen and some foreign officials are predicting that the United States will lose its status as a financial superpower. And yet the dollar - the most visible symbol of America's financial might - is surging...

But the dollar is not like any other tender. As the de facto reserve currency of the world, it benefits from global upheaval, even those that originate in the United States....

Indeed, the appeal of the United States reflects a lack of better options. Much has been made over the past few years about the rise of the euro as a rival to the dollar. But Europe hardly looks like a safe bet now, with its own crisis metastasizing.

And unlike Americans, Europeans have not fashioned a coordinated response to their financial problems, despite a meeting of leaders over the weekend convened by President Nicolas Sarkozy of France.

The dollar's greatest value, experts say, is as a symbol of the long-term creditworthiness of the United States.

"In talking to investors, policymakers and academics around the world, they have this confidence - not just in our economic system, but in our political system," Rogoff said.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/10/...ess/dollar.php
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=18433

theHawk
10-06-2008, 06:39 PM

Because McCain is a liberal. He certainly isn't a shitbag radical type like half the Democratic Party, but he is liberal in many ways.

Yurt
10-06-2008, 06:41 PM
why do you dimwits bitch about mccain's wife's addiction and drug habits when your boy was a cocaine user, you know BLOW as he calls it

stephanie
10-06-2008, 08:12 PM
good grief...liberals are sounding more shrill and stupid every day it might seem like their man-boy might not win...

of course the Democrats had not a damn thing to do with the economy tanking, even though they have been IN CHARGE for the last two yrs..

they really think we're a bunch of fools, but all they show is how foolish they really are...:cuckoo:

manu1959
10-06-2008, 08:14 PM
so i am sure he advised everyone this was comming and adjusted accordingly....

Yurt
10-06-2008, 08:59 PM
good grief...liberals are sounding more shrill and stupid every day it might seem like their man-boy might not win...

of course the Democrats had not a damn thing to do with the economy tanking, even though they have been IN CHARGE for the last two yrs..

they really think we're a bunch of fools, but all they show is how foolish they really are...:cuckoo:

we need rsr's post about all the broken promises as a sticky :laugh2:

Yurt
10-06-2008, 09:00 PM
so i am sure he advised everyone this was comming and adjusted accordingly....

he has a plan, just vote him in and.....then....he will save us

BoogyMan
10-06-2008, 09:10 PM
I love it when liberals talk stupid about the economy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exxVZTKq1vA

red states rule
10-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Here is what you need to learn about the real cause of the problem Gabby. I doubt if you will watch the video, your "mind" is already made up

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RZVw3no2A4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RZVw3no2A4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

actsnoblemartin
10-07-2008, 08:59 AM
what mind :laugh2:

Here is what you need to learn about the real cause of the problem Gabby. I doubt if you will watch the video, your "mind" is already made up

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RZVw3no2A4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RZVw3no2A4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>