View Full Version : My real name is Andy

Roomy
03-17-2007, 10:18 AM
:cool: Do you think you need my expressed permission to use it?:cheers2:

OCA
03-17-2007, 10:30 AM

Yes.

Anybody who I don't deem a douchebag can use mine, unfortunately I have deemed you to be a cumguzzling douchebag, sorry.:dance:

Roomy
03-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Yes.

Anybody who I don't deem a douchebag can use mine, unfortunately I have deemed you to be a cumguzzling douchebag, sorry.:dance:

Is that right? You may call me Andrew, Michael, there we have come to an agreement:laugh2: You are the only one allowed to call me Andrew, I like you that much.:cool:

Gunny
03-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Yes.

Damn ... and I thought OCA was going to post another of those vague, have to guess what he's thinking responses.:laugh2:

Roomy
03-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Damn ... and I thought OCA was going to post another of those vague, have to guess what he's thinking responses.:laugh2:

I know what the man is thinking, and I think he knows what I am thinking.:cool:

Gunny
03-17-2007, 12:37 PM

Dude, whatever you're on when you make some of these posts ... you AIN'T sharing.:cheers2:

Roomy
03-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Dude, whatever you're on when you make some of these posts ... you AIN'T sharing.:cheers2:

Nothing more than the odd beer Gunny my friend.:cheers2:

Yurt
03-17-2007, 08:31 PM

Yes. You are being a turd by bringing this up again.

:poke:

Think about it:

Unless I gave you my name on the board, you got it by PM or email, both which are not available to all the other members, only to you and I. Legality aside, if you, assuming friends, and I were to tell you something in person, you know, you and me talking, would you automatically assume that what we say is completely open to everyone? As a friend, I better not have to expressly say "promise, cross your heart, you won't tell" everytime we talk, cause if so, you ain't know friend.

LiberalNation
03-17-2007, 08:33 PM
If people don't want everybody to be able to use their name, they shouldn't put their name out in public. Once it's public knowlage you have no right to expect people not to use just because you don't want them to.

Yurt
03-17-2007, 08:49 PM
If people don't want everybody to be able to use their name, they shouldn't put their name out in public. Once it's public knowlage you have no right to expect people not to use just because you don't want them to.

Define public.

Even if public, this is a board, where we have "usernames." There is a reason for that.

Yurt
03-17-2007, 08:51 PM

You are saying he got these names from others using it on the board? If so, then scratch my little talk scenario and stick with the "username" theory.

It is simply courtesy, I know you have some. :cool:

LiberalNation
03-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Public as in over the whole internet. You give out your first name and some call you by it don't get offended when others do as well. You don't "own" it anymore; it's not forbidden to those you deem unworthy of using it.

LiberalNation
03-17-2007, 08:54 PM
You are saying he got these names from others using it on the board? If so, then scratch my little talk scenario and stick with the "username" theory.

It is simply courtesy, I know you have some. :cool:

Of course it would be courteus not saying it isn't but you shouldn't expect courtesy on boards like these. So, don't want your name used, don't give it out, simple.

shattered
03-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Public as in over the whole internet. You give out your first name and some call you by it don't get offended when others do as well. You don't "own" it anymore; it's not forbidden to those you deem unworthy of using it.

Had he been using it in the course of a normal conversation, I'm betting it wouldn't have been a problem.. HOWEVER, he did it to be a smartass and start trouble..

Major difference, IMO.

Said1
03-18-2007, 08:18 AM

I knew it, Andy Capp.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/Said1/andyc01_large.jpg

5stringJeff
03-18-2007, 01:09 PM
You people better not use my first name! It's private!!! :D

(j/k)

shattered
03-18-2007, 02:18 PM

(j/k)

Yes, Mr. String.

Abbey Marie
03-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Say my name
Say my name
If nobody's around you say baby I love you
If you ain't runnin game

Chorus1:
Say my name
Say my name
You acting kind of shady
Ain;t callin me baby
Why the sudden change

Say my name
Say my name
If no one is around you say baby I love you
If you ain't runnin game
Say my name
Say my name
You actin kind of shady
Ain't callin me baby
Betta say my name

dan
03-18-2007, 03:55 PM

(j/k)

Same goes for me!!!!!!

Gunny
03-18-2007, 06:04 PM

I expect people I know well enough to trust with my name in private to have enough respect to not plaster it all over a public forum without my permission. And yes, that is a right of friendship/acquaintance.

Gunny
03-18-2007, 06:05 PM

(j/k)

I will consider your request ..... (5).

jimnyc
03-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Man, I'm never telling any of you bastards my name!

Gunny
03-18-2007, 07:03 PM

Bob?

jimnyc
03-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Bob?

Ummm... actually, but don't tell anyone, my name is Ben Roethlisberger. :)

Gunny
03-18-2007, 07:28 PM

Mine's Terry Bradshaw, and I have more rings than you.:cheers2:

5stringJeff
03-18-2007, 09:19 PM

How does it feel to have been pwn3d by a grandmother while riding a sports bike? :lol:

5stringJeff
03-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Yes, Mr. String.

You learn quick. :thumb:

shattered
03-18-2007, 09:23 PM
You learn quick. :thumb:

That's because *I* studied normal subjects in school, and wasn't content with mediocrity.

<i>*pulls tongue out of cheek and wanders off*</i>

mrg666
03-22-2007, 07:33 PM

thats right if they dont know it,
well speaks for itself doesnt it
:laugh2:

mrg666
03-22-2007, 07:35 PM

dick
:finger3:

CSM
03-22-2007, 07:40 PM

(j/k)

Alrighty then....I could make a whole bunch of military jokes but I am restraining myself....

mrg666
03-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Alrighty then....I could make a whole bunch of military jokes but I am restraining myself....
come back after a
coupla beers
lol