PDA

View Full Version : McCain's Liddy Problem

Joe Steel
10-07-2008, 12:15 PM
"John McCain is a good, personal friend of mine"

-- G. Gordon Liddy

The G. Gordon Liddy Interview (http://www.rightwingnews.com/interviews/liddy.php)

"Last November, McCain went on his radio show. Liddy greeted him as "an old friend," and McCain sounded like one. "I'm proud of you, I'm proud of your family," he gushed. "It's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon, and congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great."

With friends like these ...
McCain finds his own radical friend (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-oped0504chapmanmay04,0,6238795.column)

G. Godon Liddy is a convicted felon who has participated in murder conspiracies, has given advice on killing Federal law enforcement officers and who has expressed an admiration for Adolph Hitler.

Why would John McCain maintain a close personal friendship with such a person?

Why would McCain say he adhered to the "principles and philosophies that keep our nation great?"

stephanie
10-07-2008, 12:21 PM
:cow:
DESPERATION:cow:

actsnoblemartin
10-07-2008, 12:32 PM
you got any proof he admires hitler, or tried to kill anyone , let alone federal law enforcement?

im listening, but yeah.

i know he is a felon, of what i dont know

G. Godon Liddy is a convicted felon who has participated in murder conspiracies, has given advice on killing Federal law enforcement officers and who has expressed an admiration for Adolph Hitler.

Why would McCain say he adhered to the "principles and philosophies that keep our nation great?"

emmett
10-07-2008, 12:45 PM

:link:

Why would John McCain maintain a close personal friendship with such a
person?

:salute:

:cool:

I'm gonna say one name: BILL AYERS!

Immanuel
10-07-2008, 12:48 PM

Here's another one for you: Jeremiah Wright.

Immie

emmett
10-07-2008, 12:49 PM
you got any proof he admires hitler, or tried to kill anyone , let alone federal law enforcement?

im listening, but yeah.

Back before you were born Liddy orchestrated a burglery into the DNC's headquarters to steal damaging info against Nixon. He got caught and went to prison. He was only following orders of course from Nixon himself and all of it came out later. As you know Nixon resigned in humiliation after it was proved he had conspired to do all kinds of underhanded shit. That is what led to Gerald Ford taking over as president without having been elected. Ford was chosen to fill VP slot after VP Spiro Agnew resigned earlier.

Joe Steel
10-07-2008, 12:49 PM

im listening, but yeah.

Watergate.

Hitler as an early political hero

The Fuhrer was G Gordon Liddy's first political hero. Liddy was a sickly, asthmatic child when he grew up in Hoboken, New Jersey, in the 1930s. The town was full of ethnic Germans who idolized Hitler. Liddy was made to salute the Stars and Stripes Nazi-style by the nuns at his school; even now, he admits, "at assemblies where the national anthem is played, I must suppress the urge to snap out my right arm." His beloved German nanny taught him that Hitler had -- through sheer will-power -- "dragged Germany from weakness to strength."

This gave Liddy hope "for the first time in my life" that he too could overcome weakness. When he listened to Hitler on the radio, it "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before," he explains. "Hitler's sheer animal confidence and power of will [entranced me]. He sent an electric current through my body." He describes seeing the Nazis' doomed technological marvel the Hindenberg flying over New Jersey as an almost religious experience. "Ecstatic, I drank in its colossal power and felt myself grow. Fear evaporated and in its place came a sense of personal might and power."

G. Gordon Liddy: listening to Hitler "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before" (http://mediamatters.org/items/200411230004)

actsnoblemartin
10-07-2008, 01:40 PM
i cant believe your compairing, breaking into a building, one person.

with a guy who chooses MANY bad associates, you really are desperate.

lets see, trying to kill people vs

trying to make them look bad

1 person

vs

numberous

besides, im not a republican.

so your point, at best is 50% valid.

they both have associations that are questionable, fine

but, to say that one bad association makes up for several by obama

sorry joe, not buying that

QUOTE=Joe Steel;306287]G. Godon Liddy is a convicted felon who has participated in murder conspiracies, has given advice on killing Federal law enforcement officers and who has expressed an admiration for Adolph Hitler.

Why would McCain say he adhered to the "principles and philosophies that keep our nation great?"[/QUOTE]

namvet
10-07-2008, 06:34 PM

where is the name McCain mentioned in the interview???? if you please.

Chicago tribune

See photos of Bill Ayers, a former member of the Weather Underground who in 1995 hosted a campaign event for Obama

your dog won't hunt

PostmodernProphet
10-07-2008, 06:39 PM

oh, you mean that guy who served his sentence in jail and repaid his debt to society......sort of different than Ayers, eh?

Joe Steel
10-07-2008, 06:45 PM
oh, you mean that guy who served his sentence in jail and repaid his debt to society......sort of different than Ayers, eh?

Absolutely. The charges against Ayers were dropped.

Joe Steel
10-07-2008, 06:46 PM
where is the name McCain mentioned in the interview???? if you please.

Read the first posting in this thread.

Joe Steel
10-07-2008, 06:49 PM
i cant believe your compairing, breaking into a building, one person.

with a guy who chooses MANY bad associates, you really are desperate.

Utter nonsense. Obama has no bad associations, just a few acquaintances. McCain associates with a guy who participated in murder conspiracies and is inpired by Adolph Hitler.

Joe Steel
10-07-2008, 06:51 PM

I'm gonna say "there's no 'there' there.

Trigg
10-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Utter nonsense. Obama has no bad associations, just a few acquaintances.

No, he only had a paster of 20 years who he considered "like an uncle" and a spiritual advisor. :lame2:

Care to explain why this man isn't a bad association??? A racist who claims white people developed AIDS to kill blacks..

namvet
10-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Read the first posting in this thread.

I did. the interview mentions no one named McCain. where is it??? or do you need to shoot that dog????

namvet
10-07-2008, 07:17 PM
DZ52cE1OwH8

its NOT McCain we have to worry about

Joe Steel
10-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I did. the interview mentions no one named McCain. where is it??? or do you need to shoot that dog????

Better read it again. It's there.

namvet
10-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Better read it again. It's there.

im not infallible. where is it????

stephanie
10-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Well then, the Obambam and the Democrats better make an ad screaming about McCain and Liddy...

WE'LL WAIT..

:coffee:

manu1959
10-07-2008, 08:05 PM

what was liddy convicted of......

actsnoblemartin
10-07-2008, 08:16 PM

dog perks up ears: rer?

dog runs off

:laugh2:

Joe Steel
10-07-2008, 08:34 PM
im not infallible. where is it????

The first three lines in posting #1 in this thread are:

"John McCain is a good, personal friend of mine"

-- G. Gordon Liddy

The G. Gordon Liddy Interview

Joe Steel
10-07-2008, 08:35 PM
what was liddy convicted of......

Watergate break-in.

manu1959
10-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Watergate break-in.

so burglary.......did he serve his full term.....

Joe Steel
10-07-2008, 08:44 PM
so burglary.......did he serve his full term.....

No. Jimmy Carter pardoned him.

manu1959
10-07-2008, 08:46 PM
No. Jimmy Carter pardoned him.

so what does that make carter......

Joe Steel
10-07-2008, 08:56 PM
so what does that make carter......

What's your point?

manu1959
10-07-2008, 09:00 PM
What's your point?

you are a blue state guy i am sure you will figure it out.....