PDA

View Full Version : McCain/Palin closing in

jimnyc
10-08-2008, 04:41 AM
Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby Poll:
Obama 47%, McCain 45%

The telephone tracking poll shows neither candidate with a clear advantage in the national horserace
UTICA, New York - The race for President of the United States remains far too close to call between Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain as both candidates head toward the finish line, a recent Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby daily tracking telephone polls shows.

http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1575

Psychoblues
10-08-2008, 04:54 AM
Think so, Jimbo?

Obama 47%, McCain 45%

The telephone tracking poll shows neither candidate with a clear advantage in the national horserace
UTICA, New York - The race for President of the United States remains far too close to call between Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain as both candidates head toward the finish line, a recent Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby daily tracking telephone polls shows.

You don't read much, do you?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

jimnyc
10-08-2008, 05:24 AM
Think so, Jimbo?

You don't read much, do you?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

I read plenty. Simply reporting the facts. Zogby tends to get tossed around more than any other poll out there so I thought I would throw out the latest. Personally, I don't give much weight to polls that sample .00001% of our population. Although I do care who wins, I'm not personally vested as I would have preferred Fred Thompson to be the (R) nominee.

bullypulpit
10-08-2008, 06:28 AM
Obama 47%, McCain 45%

You might want to check out <a href=http://www.pollster.com/>pollster.com</a>. Their electoral map is updated daily, and shows Obama with a commanding lead.

<a href=http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/>fivethirtyeight.com</a> also shows a similar trend line.

GW in Ohio
10-08-2008, 07:29 AM
I read plenty. Simply reporting the facts. Zogby tends to get tossed around more than any other poll out there so I thought I would throw out the latest. Personally, I don't give much weight to polls that sample .00001% of our population. Although I do care who wins, I'm not personally vested as I would have preferred Fred Thompson to be the (R) nominee.

I realize you have to cling to these desperate hopes that McCain has a chance, jim.

But Jesus, if you watched that debate last night you saw a grumpy old man with very little going for him, up against a cool, confident, extremely capable younger man.

Are any of you right wingers deluding yourselves that McCain "won" that debate last night?

I think it's incorrect to designate winners and losers in these debates. It's just the candidates on display. But do any of you actually think McCain looked more presidential than Obama last night?

jimnyc
10-08-2008, 07:45 AM
I realize you have to cling to these desperate hopes that McCain has a chance, jim.

I realize you have comprehension issues, GW, but did you notice where I clearly stated I supported Fred Thompson and don't have a vested interest in either candidate in the polls?

GW in Ohio
10-08-2008, 07:48 AM
I realize you have comprehension issues, GW, but did you notice where I clearly stated I supported Fred Thompson and don't have a vested interest in either candidate in the polls?

Okay, duly noted.

10-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Here is what I find interesting:

McCain was one of the two worst candidates Republican could have chosen. He doesnt excite any of the base. He is liberal on so much alot of us are still debating whether we really want to vote for him.

Yet Obama cant close the deal. He has economic turmoil, a bad Republican candidate, 8 years of supposed disappointment from President Bush, and yet he can't close the deal. Obama should be 15 points up. But he isnt.

Obama is the best the Democrats have and he cant even gain a serious lead over the worst Republican candidate they could have chosen.

stephanie
10-08-2008, 12:16 PM

McCain was one of the two worst candidates Republican could have chosen. He doesn't excite any of the base. He is liberal on so much a lot of us are still debating whether we really want to vote for him.

Yet Obama cant close the deal. He has economic turmoil, a bad Republican candidate, 8 years of supposed disappointment from President Bush, and yet he can't close the deal. Obama should be 15 points up. But he isnt.

Obama is the best the Democrats have and he cant even gain a serious lead over the worst Republican candidate they could have chosen.

yep, and that has a lot of Democrats worried..though they like to pretend their not...should be interesting when the Obambam loses..

10-08-2008, 12:24 PM
yep, and that has a lot of Democrats worried..though they like to pretend their not...should be interesting when the Obambam loses..

Probably why the Obama campaigns been panicking.

manu1959
10-08-2008, 12:52 PM
the shock and awe when people find out who obama really is ... will be very entertaining.....

Trigg
10-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I don't think either one won the debate last night. It was a snoozer and a half. Both avoided straight forward answers to the questions and more often than not fell back on "hope and change" on one side and "I'm a maverick" on the other.

Immanuel
10-08-2008, 01:27 PM
I don't think either one won the debate last night. It was a snoozer and a half. Both avoided straight forward answers to the questions and more often than not fell back on "hope and change" on one side and "I'm a maverick" on the other.

Thank you, I'll go delete it from my DVR now.

Immie

OCA
10-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Obama 47%, McCain 45%

Jimmy go here for a real picture, this gives an average of all polls taken in America:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

Better yet go here to the battleground state polls and you will see that McCain is dead in the water, basically he has to run the table and with roughly 3 weeks left he is behind in all but one:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/#data

OCA
10-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Probably why the Obama campaigns been panicking.

How are they panicking? Seems like the way McCain got personal last night he is the one panicking.

10-08-2008, 05:20 PM
How are they panicking? Seems like the way McCain got personal last night he is the one panicking.

People keep saying McCain is panicking. I just dont see it.

Obama isnt taking the Ayers issue very well. He doesnt know how to deal with it and so he is trying to manufacture some sort of scandal against McCain. And nothing is sticking. The way his campaign panicking and went into destroy mode with Palin is another example.

They are scared. Thats why the Democrat spin master are in the media trying to claim there will be riots in Obama isnt elected. Thats why Acorn is trying to cheat by through fradulent voting all across the country. That is why the Democrats are going to such lengths to cheat in Ohio. Let's face it, you dont try to cheat if you think you've got it locked up.

Yurt
10-08-2008, 05:23 PM

Obama isnt taking the Ayers issue very well. He doesnt know how to deal with it and so he is trying to manufacture some sort of scandal against McCain. And nothing is sticking. The way his campaign panicking and went into destroy mode with Palin is another example.

They are scared. Thats why the Democrat spin master are in the media trying to claim there will be riots in Obama isnt elected. Thats why Acorn is trying to cheat by through fradulent voting all across the country. That is why the Democrats are going to such lengths to cheat in Ohio. Let's face it, you dont try to cheat if you think you've got it locked up.

:clap:

emmett
10-08-2008, 05:49 PM

McCain was one of the two worst candidates Republican could have chosen. He doesnt excite any of the base. He is liberal on so much alot of us are still debating whether we really want to vote for him.

You are absolutely right! I couldn't think of a better time to step up to the plate and vote for "REAL" change like a much more qualified candidate than either of these two. Of course I am referring to Bob Barr and the Libertarian party.

If this current fiasco has not convinced us all that both parties are befuzzling idiots I don't know what is going to wake up Americans to look and see the real problem.

We go back and forth constantly about which loser comes closer to winning debates, which are insignificant reminders of repeated rhetoric that echo over and over from their respective podiums. I found myself almost able to talk along with the candidates last night word ver batim in their answers. Had Bob Barr been allowed to particiapte in that debate he would be polling 20% this afternoon nationally.

When are we going to wake up? In a true free market housing and mortgage industry noone would have been forced to make loans that they knew would not produce a profit. Engaging in business when you know good and damn well is a loser from jumpo street, such as was clearly obvious when democrats began screaming foul in the 80's and 90's every time a homeless mother of four children was turned down for a loan on a new 185,000 house.

Republicans played because it was their money buddies who were entrencehed in the muck that representeds the high archy of these corporate structures. Democrats benefitted financially from gifts and earmarks directed to their pals and campagne contributions. It all stinks!!! We know it all stinks. What do we do about it? NOTHING! We go back out and vote for the losers who were up to their ears in bad decisions that allowed this shit to happen and have displayed unethical behavior in the past.

Bob Barr is three times more "presidential" than either of these bafoons! God help John McCain, he was a hero and so forth but the talk is true. He lacks moral fortitude (cheating on his wife / bad decisions as ayounger man / involvement with cronies of Keating / bad temper) and is in no way "qualified" to be president today! We need a real leader! Obama is a fool! He certainly has no business thinking he is a president, his wife's company received earmarks, he lies, he has been involved with known terrorists and will raise the shit out of taxes to redistribute what little wealth will be left after he gets done with us.

Wake up folks!!!!! PLEASE! Stop walking around with your hands extended out in front of you like mummies willing to support the lesser of evils. Vote for true American philosophy, civil liberty, real capitolism and social justice.

VOTE LIBERTARIAN!!!! For real change!

Gaffer
10-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Like I said before. The real change has to come in congress first. Ten or 20 percent of voters voting for Barr only gets obamanation into office. This country will not survive four years of him.

When there is a reasonable number of libertarians in congress, then I will consider a libertarian president.

10-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Like I said before. The real change has to come in congress first. Ten or 20 percent of voters voting for Barr only gets obamanation into office. This country will not survive four years of him.

When there is a reasonable number of libertarians in congress, then I will consider a libertarian president.

Id love to see more libertarians in congress. That would be good to see.

REDWHITEBLUE2
10-08-2008, 09:31 PM
You might want to check out <a href=http://www.pollster.com/>pollster.com</a>. Their electoral map is updated daily, and shows Obama with a commanding lead.

<a href=http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/>fivethirtyeight.com</a> also shows a similar trend line. Aren't these the same smucks that told us Traitor john kerry would win in 2004 :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

stephanie
10-08-2008, 09:45 PM
You would think by now the Democrats would be more leery of the lamestream polls, as most of us know, they are cooked in favor of the Democrats..Look at Kerry's lose and then Gores..

yet every election they jump up and down yelling, ha ha lookie we beating you...

then..................WHAMO..the earth falls and crushes them....

It's rather a pathetic sight to have to watch, over and over and over.....:coffee:

OCA
10-09-2008, 03:02 PM

There is no scandal with Ayers, hell i've met many people in my life, some i'm sure got alot of dirt in their backgrounds, because I associated with them does that mean I endorse them or share the same beliefs? Come on now.

The Sean Hannity interview with Mrs. Wasilla and Johnny Lib last night was proof of the panicking by those two, Johnny can't win on the issues so now he's going personal, I expect more from Republicans, you should too.

krisy
10-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I noticed Sarah Palin has been the one coming out strong. McCain needs to get fierce and passionate.

McCain also needs to paln a couple of visits to southwest and southeast Ohio. Bush/Gore were running close in the polls here and I believe the last minute visit to my neck of the woods helped him Bush this state. They say no candidate has ever won without Ohio.

jim-my fav was Fred Thompson too. After him,Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee.

OCA
10-09-2008, 05:05 PM
I noticed Sarah Palin has been the one coming out strong. McCain needs to get fierce and passionate.

McCain also needs to paln a couple of visits to southwest and southeast Ohio. Bush/Gore were running close in the polls here and I believe the last minute visit to my neck of the woods helped him Bush this state. They say no candidate has ever won without Ohio.

jim-my fav was Fred Thompson too. After him,Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee.

Krisy coming out fierce and passionately is all good and well but when there is no substance behind it voters see right throught it. Right now Johnny Lib and Mrs. Wasilla are making the rounds swinging wildly without nothing backing it.