PDA

View Full Version : 105% of eligible Indianapolis residents registered to vote

Little-Acorn
10-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Gee, I'm glad there's no voter fraud going on here.

Apparently in 2007 there were 876,804 people in Marion County IN, which includes Indianapolis. 232,607 are under age 18, which makes them ineligible to vote.

So, there were 644,197 people eligible to vote there in 2007.

This year, we have 677,401 people registered to vote in that county... and the registration period for the coming November election isn't over yet. Efforts to regist3er more voters by ACORN and other such groups, continues.

Nope, I don't see any sign of voter fraud do you? Move along, folks, nothing to see here.

(The population of Marion County has stayed stable for the last 7 years.)

---------------------------------------

http://www.ogdenonpolitics.com/2008/10/voting-early-often-indianapolis-bloated.html

Vote Early & Often? -- 105% of Indianapolis Residents Now Registered to Vote

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's the elephant in the room that Indiana election officials don't talk about. Voter registration numbers in the counties have been growing dramatically far above what is possible given the population. In today's Indianapolis Star, Brendan O'Shaughnessy reports that as of Monday evening 677,401 people in Marion County have registered to vote.

Many reporters covering voter registration stories will take the population of the state/county and then, by doing some math, the reporter dutifully reports that 75% or so of the population is registered in that state are registered. As I noted previously, this approach fails to consider the under 18 year old voters in that county or state who can't be registered to vote. As I reported a month or so ago in my post "No Hoosier Left Unregistered," when you back out the under 18 year old residents, Indiana is near 94% registration levels. And that was with more than a month left in the registration period.

I knew that the numbers would start exceeding 100% at some point and the election officials couldn't keep ignoring the elephant in the room - how do you have more registered voters than people eligible to vote? Well Indianapolis has now reached that point. Let's do the math.

According to STATSIndiana, In 2007, Indianapolis/Marion County had an estimated population of 876,804. Of that number 232,607 were below 18 years of age, for a total of 644,197 people in Marion County/Indianapolis 18 or over and thus eligible to vote. (Indiana allows felons to vote as long as they are not incarcerated).

So we have 644,197 people eligible to be registered in Marion County/Indianapolis, and 677,401 people registered. Congratulations go to Indianapolis for having 105% of its residents registered!

Obviously the effort at eliminating duplicate registrations is not working well. Bloated registration rolls lead to the possibility of election fraud and undermines the confidence in the integrity of the electoral process. This is a situation that needs to be addressed by state and county election officials.

Immanuel
10-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm sure all the illegal ones are Republicans... at least that is what ACORN will tell you.

Immie

Gaffer
10-09-2008, 06:56 PM
It's just swamp gas.

Little-Acorn
10-10-2008, 11:54 AM
It's just swamp gas.

Swamp gas that votes.

namvet
10-10-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm sure all the illegal ones are Republicans... at least that is what ACORN will tell you.

Immie

ACORN is nocturnal. they work in the cemetaries from dusk till dawn.........

crin63
10-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Are you a junior member of ACORN, Little-Acorn? :laugh2:

gabosaurus
10-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Somewhere, Richard Daley is smiling.