PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon sees reconciliation with Taliban, not Qaeda

Psychoblues
10-09-2008, 02:42 PM
I wonder how most of you or the media would react if this news was forthcoming from an Obama administration?

Source: Reuters

The United States would be prepared to reconcile with the Taliban if the Afghanistan government pursued talks to end the war, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said on Thursday.

But he said Washington would not consider any negotiations with al Qaeda.

Gates said reconciliation would be the political end to the insurgency and war in Afghanistan. But he said reconciliation must be on the Afghan government's terms and the Taliban must commit to subject itself to the sovereignty of the government.

"There has to be ultimately, and I'll underscore ultimately, reconciliation as part of a political outcome to this," Gates told reporters after his first day of NATO meetings in Budapest about the Afghanistan war.................

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081009/ts_nm/us_taliban_usa_talks

But, maybe I speak too quickly. Let's see how you and the media react to this nugget of American diplomacy in this particular instance?!??!?!?!?!?!??!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

theHawk
10-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Why would you be surprised Bush would seek reconciliation with Muslims, he thinks its a "good" religion. He is the one enforcing a liberal foreign policy of trying to provide democracy for Muslims.

This is all just part of the charade, the belief that we can actually have long term peace with Muslims in the nuclear world.

What we should be doing, and what we should have done after 9/11, is nuke these people into submission.

Psychoblues
10-09-2008, 06:18 PM
How many other subjects defy your understanding, huk?

Why would you be surprised Bush would seek reconciliation with Muslims, he thinks its a "good" religion. He is the one enforcing a liberal foreign policy of trying to provide democracy for Muslims.

This is all just part of the charade, the belief that we can actually have long term peace with Muslims in the nuclear world.

What we should be doing, and what we should have done after 9/11, is nuke these people into submission.

Or is submission your only forte'?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute: