PDA

View Full Version : which was the most creative musical decade...

actsnoblemartin
10-09-2008, 08:33 PM
a. 1960-1969
b. 1970-1979

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Without question, the 60's produced the best and most creative music for the last 200 years.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

AFbombloader
10-22-2008, 05:43 PM
a. 1960-1969
b. 1970-1979

You should have included more decades. I agree that the 60's were more creative out of the two choices. But the 50's had the birth of rock-n-roll, Elvis, and the beginnings of Mo-town. Pretty creative if you ask me. I do prefer the music of the 70's, but I can be objective enough to give credit where it is due.

manu1959
10-22-2008, 05:51 PM
the 80's.....................1780's that is..............

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 06:07 PM
'50's Rock 'n Roll, including Elvis, was more rockabilly and trying to find a groove to rock with. The 50's was also too indoctrinated with the Frank Sinatra/Holiday Inn Lounge just garbage crap in my honest opinion. Mostly good stuff, no doubt, but the 60's decade was diversified to the point that music was living and breathing in about everybody that was alive at that time. It was absolutely great and I haven't seen or heard of anything to even come close since!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have included more decades. I agree that the 60's were more creative out of the two choices. But the 50's had the birth of rock-n-roll, Elvis, and the beginnings of Mo-town. Pretty creative if you ask me. I do prefer the music of the 70's, but I can be objective enough to give credit where it is due.

WWJD,,,,,,,what would Jimi do?

dan
10-22-2008, 06:14 PM
'67 was kind of the year that rock broke open and really expanded its horizons in ways that were never thought of before, so I'd have to say 60's.

AFbombloader
10-22-2008, 06:25 PM
'50's Rock 'n Roll, including Elvis, was more rockabilly and trying to find a groove to rock with. The 50's was also too indoctrinated with the Frank Sinatra/Holiday Inn Lounge just garbage crap in my honest opinion. Mostly good stuff, no doubt, but the 60's decade was diversified to the point that music was living and breathing in about everybody that was alive at that time. It was absolutely great and I haven't seen or heard of anything to even come close since!!!!!!!!!!!

WWJD,,,,,,,what would Jimi do?

I agree, the 60's were musically the most groundbreaking decade. I was making a point that there should have been more choices. The 60 had the British revolution, but that was brought on by the 50 rock-n-roll that made its way to Britan and influenced them. I really do like the 60's music. I grew up listening to it through my parents. I still am a huge fan of the surf music from the 60's, as well as the beginnings of the rock that dominated most of the 70's, bands like Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd.

PostmodernProphet
10-22-2008, 07:16 PM
definitely the 60s over the 70s, but cases can be made for other decades.....the 50s is more in tune with the birth of rock and roll than the 60s.....and the 40s big band era is important, because before that music was not really an important part of a person's entertainment....before the Big Band era there wasn't much music on the radio, it was mostly talk.....

Abbey Marie
10-22-2008, 08:02 PM
65-75.

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 11:59 PM
The 60's got the MoTown syncopation, the Memphis energy, the British major chord indoctrinations, the Philly 4 part harmonies, the California ballads and the rawness of the otherwise wannabees all competing and evolving at the same time. I don't want to forget about the blending of Country and Western with their blending of big band and simple 4 piece stage play and garage band interpretations of otherwise orchestrations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What about even the high school and college bands kickin' genuine ass on the 50 yard line and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, the 60's were musically the most groundbreaking decade. I was making a point that there should have been more choices. The 60 had the British revolution, but that was brought on by the 50 rock-n-roll that made its way to Britan and influenced them. I really do like the 60's music. I grew up listening to it through my parents. I still am a huge fan of the surf music from the 60's, as well as the beginnings of the rock that dominated most of the 70's, bands like Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd.

The 60's dominate in every field and discipline with which I am familiar. Educate me if you think I am mistaken in any way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFbombloader
10-23-2008, 12:04 AM
The 60's got the MoTown syncopation, the Memphis energy, the British major chord indoctrinations, the Philly 4 part harmonies, the California ballads and the rawness of the otherwise wannabees all competing and evolving at the same time. I don't want to forget about the blending of Country and Western with their blending of big band and simple 4 piece stage play and garage band interpretations of otherwise orchestrations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What about even the high school and college bands kickin' genuine ass on the 50 yard line and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 60's dominate in every field and discipline with which I am familiar. Educate me if you think I am mistaken in any way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you miss the part where I agreed with you that the 60's were the most influential decade? I even voted for it! I am just opening the discourse to more generations. Alot of what happened in the 60's started in the 50's; same way grunge came about because of what happened in the 80's. I agree with you Psych!

Psychoblues
10-23-2008, 01:19 AM
No, no, no, no, afbl!!!!!!!!!! I didn't miss it and I hope I didn't diminish anything you said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you miss the part where I agreed with you that the 60's were the most influential decade? I even voted for it! I am just opening the discourse to more generations. Alot of what happened in the 60's started in the 50's; same way grunge came about because of what happened in the 80's. I agree with you Psych!

Perhaps I was a little exuberant on the 60's thing but I certainly listened and appreciated every word you said, my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your appreciation of the most important and influential part of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!