PDA

View Full Version : Obama changes story on Ayers

theHawk
10-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Uh-oh...

His story was he claimed ignorance and wasn't aware of Ayers past actions.

"The gentleman in question, Bill Ayers, is a college professor, teaches education at the University of Illinois," he said. "That's how i met him -- working on a school reform project that was funded by an ambassador and very close friend of Ronald Reagan's" along with "a bunch of conservative businessmen and civic leaders."

"Ultimately, I ended up learning about the fact that he had engaged in this reprehensible act 40 years ago, but I was eight years old at the time and I assumed that he had been rehabilitated," Obama said.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1008/Obama_on_Ayers_I_assumed_he_had_been_rehabilitated .html?showall

The old story:

WASHINGTON - Barack Obama's top political adviser said today Obama "didn't know the history" of unrepentant bomber William Ayers' activities in the violent Weather Underground movement when the candidate attended a political event at Ayers' home in 1995.

"When he went he certainly didn't know the history," chief Obama strategist David Axelrod told CNN - arguing for the first time since the story surfaced early this year that Obama was unaware of Ayers' past.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10062008/news/nationalnews/obama__i_didnt_know_of_ayers_terrorist_p_132394.ht m

Funny how after finding out about his "detestable" acts after there first meeting in 1995, Obama still endorsed his book in 1997.

Their association extended beyond working hours. In 1995, Obama launched his first political campaign, for the Illinois State Senate, at Ayers and Dohrn's home in Hyde Park. In 1997, Obama endorsed Ayers' book on juvenile justice, and Michelle Obama hosted a panel discussion of the book in which Ayers and Barack Obama participated.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/09/obamas_foul_weather_friends.html

And lets also not forget the years later he served on the Woods foundation board with him.

Yurt
10-10-2008, 02:05 PM
more "change" from the master liar

crin63
10-10-2008, 02:11 PM
WOW! You mean Obama lied.....................AGAIN!

What does that say about his supporters who refuse to acknowledge his lies? Obama keeps proving over and over that he is a liar, yet because they are partisan hacks they keep spinning what he does and says.

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 02:14 PM
The stench of desperation continues to fill your nostrils and you don't have the sense to remove yourselves from the rot. Typical psychology of the really dumb ones. Most thinking repubs have removed themselves from this garbage that some of you are interpreting as significant news.

The laugh will certainly be on you as this campaign progresses. In fact, I'm already laughing at you!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Yurt
10-10-2008, 02:39 PM
The stench of desperation continues to fill your nostrils and you don't have the sense to remove yourselves from the rot. Typical psychology of the really dumb ones. Most thinking repubs have removed themselves from this garbage that some of you are interpreting as significant news.

The laugh will certainly be on you as this campaign progresses. In fact, I'm already laughing at you!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

english please

OCA
10-10-2008, 02:46 PM
And the problem with this association is?

Oh wait i'll answer for you.......on the real issues of the day, the real issues that matter to Americans McCain is getting his ass handed to him so RINOS go, find some long ago acquaintance and try to smear Osama......typical.

I met Michael Milken once when I was young, guess that makes me a junk bond king, an inside trader lol.

Desperation sucks, remember that.

Yurt
10-10-2008, 02:48 PM
But the relationship between Obama and Ayers went deeper, ran longer and was more political than Obama -- and his surrogates -- have revealed, documents and interviews show.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/07/obama.ayers/index.html?iref=newssearch

Kathianne
10-10-2008, 07:27 PM
And the problem with this association is?

Oh wait i'll answer for you.......on the real issues of the day, the real issues that matter to Americans McCain is getting his ass handed to him so RINOS go, find some long ago acquaintance and try to smear Osama......typical.

I met Michael Milken once when I was young, guess that makes me a junk bond king, an inside trader lol.

Desperation sucks, remember that.

You are proving your creds. Are you running for D committeeman?

namvet
10-10-2008, 07:51 PM
he's yet to give a stright story.