PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Sarah Palin Guilty Of Betraying Public Trust

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 08:32 PM
And other things!!!!!!!!!! It's all over the net and the news right now. I will provide links in a later post!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

stephanie
10-10-2008, 08:37 PM
:boohoo:

If that's all it is, then all of the Democrats in Congress should be accused of that..

:dance:

Yurt
10-10-2008, 08:52 PM
sounds like complete bull....not a single FACTUAL piece of evidence to substantiate that she abused her powers...

Quote:
The report found that Palin let the family grudge influence her decision-making even if it was not the sole reason Monegan was dismissed. "I feel vindicated," Monegan said. "It sounds like they've validated my belief and opinions. And that tells me I'm not totally out in left field."

this makes is factual that she had cause to fire him other than the alleged grudge, that is enough under the law to allow a governor to fire that employee

Quote:
The nearly 300-page report does not recommend sanctions or a criminal investigation.

:laugh2: she broke the law....but we don't recommend sanctions or criminal investigations....IOW, we don't want anyone else to review this....as even the guy fired admitted NO ONE told him to fire that guy....he ONLY FELT that what was wanted

complete farce...and the facts remain that he did indeed stay at his job after her husband allegedly made the initial alleged, wink, wink request:

Quote:
Monegan said he understood the Palins wanted Wooten fired. "I had this kind of ominous feeling that I may not be long for this job if I didn't somehow respond accordingly," Monegan told the investigator.

For months afterward, Todd Palin filed complaints about Wooten

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/palin_troopergate

Kathianne
10-10-2008, 08:58 PM
sounds like complete bull....not a single FACTUAL piece of evidence to substantiate that she abused her powers...

this makes is factual that she had cause to fire him other than the alleged grudge, that is enough under the law to allow a governor to fire that employee

:laugh2: she broke the law....but we don't recommend sanctions or criminal investigations....IOW, we don't want anyone else to review this....as even the guy fired admitted NO ONE told him to fire that guy....he ONLY FELT that what was wanted

complete farce...and the facts remain that he did indeed stay at his job after her husband allegedly made the initial alleged, wink, wink request:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/palin_troopergate

My take. Would be good for McCain/Plain to file a court case to respond....

stephanie
10-10-2008, 09:15 PM
the liberals and Democrats don't give a shit about the character of this bozo(Wooten)..as long as they can use him to bludgeon Sarah Palin with, they wouldn't care if he was a murdering pedophile..

5stringJeff
10-10-2008, 09:20 PM
She's still hotter than Joe Biden. And she's still not getting my vote.

Yurt
10-10-2008, 09:22 PM
i just love the "evidence" in this case...

Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan's refusal to fire State Trooper Mike Wooten from the state police force was "likely a contributing factor" to Monegan's July dismissal, but Palin had the authority as governor to fire him, the report by former Anchorage prosecutor Stephen Branchflower states.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/10/palin.investigation/index.html

what kind of burden of proof is that? likely....as in 5%, 10%...how "likely" :laugh2: oh wait, she had the authority to fire him anyways....

Yurt
10-10-2008, 09:24 PM
here is the truth of the matter:

Palin offered Monegan a different job, as executive director of the state Alcoholic Beverage Control Board. He turned it down.

http://www.adn.com/politics/story/463340.html

:lol:

stephanie
10-10-2008, 09:26 PM
none of this will make one bit of difference, because people know the story of this case, and they understand..

who are people going to believe, the people of Alaska or the Lamestream media..well see

namvet
10-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Osama's up to his neck in this. she'll get clear. and Osama's polls go thru the floor

Palin aide says Obama backers politicizing Alaska investigation

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will not cooperate with a "tainted" legislative investigation into the firing of her public safety commissioner, the McCain-Palin campaign announced Monday, accusing supporters of Democratic rival Barack Obama of manipulating the probe for political motivations.

source (source)

here (here)

here (here)

the french connection (the french connection)

Those Overseeing "TrooperGate" Investigation are Obama Supporters
here (here)

checkmate........yawn

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 09:35 PM
The Alaskan legislature is now considering whether to impeach her or simply censure her. Ain't that a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
10-10-2008, 09:36 PM
The Alaskan legislature is now considering whether to impeach her or simply censure her. Ain't that a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let them impeach her..

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 09:38 PM
That would serve her right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let them impeach her..

Right,,,,,right, where'd that obsolete word come from?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

stephanie
10-10-2008, 09:39 PM

let them impeach her..

Yurt
10-10-2008, 09:44 PM

serve her right...for what

notice you have ignored all the evidence that shows this report is a partisan whack job with absolutely zero merit

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 09:53 PM
The chairman of the investigating committee is a Republican, yuk.

serve her right...for what

notice you have ignored all the evidence that shows this report is a partisan whack job with absolutely zero merit

Most of the members of the committee are elected Republicans, yuk. The chief investigative officer is a Republican, yuk.

They had choices and their choice was to find her guilty of the betrayal of the public trust, abuse of executive powers and I'm still reading through the 267 page report of which I already understand about 265 ain't real flattering for the governor.

If excuses and unsubstantiated facts are your problem I suggest you refer to the report.

You are such a sweetie when you realize that you've been dicked all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
10-10-2008, 09:55 PM
The chairman of the investigating committee is a Republican, yuk.

Most of the members of the committee are elected Republicans, yuk. The chief investigative officer is a Republican, yuk.

They had choices and their choice was to find her guilty of the betrayal of the public trust, abuse of executive powers and I'm still reading through the 267 page report of which I already understand about 265 ain't real flattering for the governor.

If excuses and unsubstantiated facts are your problem I suggest you refer to the report.

You are such a sweetie when you realize that you've been dicked all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gawd, I bet you haven't had a hardon like this in awhile...:dance:

they should impeach her..

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Impeach her? Who really gives a shit about that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

gawd, I bet you haven't had a hardon like this in awhile...:dance:

they should impeach her..

Just think about all the civil liability the barracuda has exposed herself to?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Congressional impeachment would be proper but I can't wait for the aftermath of this in the civil courts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to be a wild ride for Sister Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
10-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Impeach her? Who really gives a shit about that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Just think about all the civil liability the barracuda has exposed herself to?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Congressional impeachment would be proper but I can't wait for the aftermath of this in the civil courts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to be a wild ride for Sister Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hows that hardon?? it could last for days..

stephanie
10-10-2008, 10:08 PM
I considered you a gentleman at one time..now, ick

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Sorry to inform you, stevie, but this man couldn't ever get a hardon for that thing of a governor.

hows that hardon?? it could last for days..

But, from reading through many of these threads I suspect many of the reichwingnuts are already creaming their jeans from just the thought of such a bad girl as Sister Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 10:12 PM
You certainly have never treated me like you thought I was a gentleman, stevie.

I considered you a gentleman at one time..now, ick

Need we carry on about this?!?!?!?!?!????!?!?!?!?!?

stephanie
10-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Sorry to inform you, stevie, but this man couldn't ever get a hardon for that thing of a governor.

But, from reading through many of these threads I suspect many of the reichwingnuts are already creaming their jeans from just the thought of such a bad girl as Sister Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

time will tell the whole story...:laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Both of us secretly hope that it doesn't, but,,,,,,,,,,,,

time will tell the whole story...:laugh2:

We'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. P
10-10-2008, 10:22 PM
none of this will make one bit of difference, because people know the story of this case, and they understand..

who are people going to believe, the people of Alaska or the Lamestream media..well see

Oh..PLEASE!!!!!! The DUMB M-ASSES get their news from TMZ or Entertainment Tonight etc..NOT the MSM...society is in worse shape than most folks know or understand...The good news...most of em won't take the time to vote...well..cept maybe this year.

stephanie
10-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Oh..PLEASE!!!!!! The DUMB M-ASSES get their news from TMZ or Entertainment Tonight etc..NOT the MSM...society is in worse shape than most folks know or understand...The good news...most of em won't take the time to vote...well..cept maybe this year.

I know..it gets worse every election..it's getting too hard to care anymore..:cheers2:

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Most? Where'd you get that from, P?

But, seriously, maybe you and stevie can spend some quality time together while sitting this one out? Think so?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!???!

stephanie
10-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Most? Where'd you get that from, P?

But, seriously, maybe you and stevie can spend some quality time together while sitting this one out? Think so?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!???!

nope..and I will think of you when I cast that vote..this is for that psycho person I know...and then you can cast yours and we can cancel each other out...yeehaa

Binky
10-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Considering all that's going on in the country right now, this is not important. Besides, she hasn't done anything that other leaders haven't done already. If they impeach her, then they need to toss others out of office as well. They should've impeached Bush several years ago for getting us involved in this war. What an asswipe!

stephanie
10-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Friday, October 10, 2008
Branchflower report on Tasergate: Just one guy's opinion that contradicts itself and ignores the relevant facts and law
Posted by: Bill Dyer at 10:10 PM

Democratic state senator and staunch Barack Obama supporter Hollis French of Alaska boasted in early September that he would provide an "October Surprise" which would upset the McCain-Palin campaign. Indeed, he originally planned to time it for October 31, four days before the election, for maximum impact, until other legislators forced him to abandon that particular strategy.

Today, however, in an episode of political theater that would make Josef Stalin blush, French gave it his very best shot: The investigator he hired and directed, Steve Branchflower, has labored mightily and given birth to a bloated and redundant 263-page report which boils down, for purposes of the ongoing presidential campaign, to two paragraphs that completely contradict one another. And the one of them that's unfavorable ignores the most important — indeed conclusive — evidence on point, but goes on to provide Branchflower's guess as to whether Gov. Palin has done anything improper.

Please understand this, if you take nothing else away from reading this post: The Branchflower Report is a series of guess and insupportable conclusions drawn by exactly one guy, and it hasn't been approved or adopted or endorsed by so much as a single sub-committee of the Alaska Legislature, much less any kind of commission, court, jury, or other proper adjudicatory body. It contains no new bombshells in terms of factual revelations. Rather, it's just Steve Branchflower's opinion — after being hired and directed by one of Gov. Palin's most vocal opponents and one of Alaska's staunchest Obama supporters — that he thinks Gov. Palin had, at worst, mixed motives for an action that even Branchflower admits she unquestionably had both (a) the complete right to perform and (b) other very good reasons to perform.

Here are the two key "findings," however (from page 8 of the .pdf file; boldface mine):

Finding Number One

For the reasons explained in section IV of this report, I find that Governor Sarah Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act. Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) provides

The legislature reaffirms that each public officer holds office as a public trust, and any effort to benefit a personal or financial interest through official action is a violation of that trust."

Finding Number Two

I find that, although Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Trooper Michael Wooten was not the sole reason he was fired by Governor Sarah Palin, it was likely a contributing factor to his termination as Commissioner of Public Safety. In spite of that, Governor Palin's firing of Commissioner Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.

Here's a note to Mr. Branchflower, who clearly is verbose, but obviously none too keen a scholar of logic: Gov. Palin's so-called "firing" of Monegan (it wasn't a firing, it was a re-assignment to other government duties that he resigned rather than accept) can't simultaneously be a violation of the Ethics Act and "a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority." This, gentle readers, is a 263-page piece of political circus that actually explicitly refutes itself on its single most key page!

What's more incredible is that Branchflower utterly ignores the public admission made by Walt Monegan himself that ought to have ended this entire inquiry (boldface mine):

"For the record, no one ever said fire Wooten. Not the governor. Not Todd. Not any of the other staff," Monegan said Friday from Portland. "What they said directly was more along the lines of 'This isn't a person that we would want to be representing our state troopers.'"

read the rest..
http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/blog

Mr. P
10-10-2008, 10:48 PM
nope..and I will think of you when I cast that vote..this is for that psycho person I know...and then you can cast yours and we can cancel each other out...yeehaa

what she said cept my vote will count. so we're one up on ya. :poke:

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 10:51 PM
So,,,,,,,,,,zat all you got, stevie?

Friday, October 10, 2008
Branchflower report on Tasergate: Just one guy's opinion that contradicts itself and ignores the relevant facts and law
Posted by: Bill Dyer at 10:10 PM

Democratic state senator and staunch Barack Obama supporter Hollis French of Alaska boasted in early September that he would provide an "October Surprise" which would upset the McCain-Palin campaign. Indeed, he originally planned to time it for October 31, four days before the election, for maximum impact, until other legislators forced him to abandon that particular strategy.

Today, however, in an episode of political theater that would make Josef Stalin blush, French gave it his very best shot: The investigator he hired and directed, Steve Branchflower, has labored mightily and given birth to a bloated and redundant 263-page report which boils down, for purposes of the ongoing presidential campaign, to two paragraphs that completely contradict one another. And the one of them that's unfavorable ignores the most important — indeed conclusive — evidence on point, but goes on to provide Branchflower's guess as to whether Gov. Palin has done anything improper.

Please understand this, if you take nothing else away from reading this post: The Branchflower Report is a series of guess and insupportable conclusions drawn by exactly one guy, and it hasn't been approved or adopted or endorsed by so much as a single sub-committee of the Alaska Legislature, much less any kind of commission, court, jury, or other proper adjudicatory body. It contains no new bombshells in terms of factual revelations. Rather, it's just Steve Branchflower's opinion — after being hired and directed by one of Gov. Palin's most vocal opponents and one of Alaska's staunchest Obama supporters — that he thinks Gov. Palin had, at worst, mixed motives for an action that even Branchflower admits she unquestionably had both (a) the complete right to perform and (b) other very good reasons to perform.

Here are the two key "findings," however (from page 8 of the .pdf file; boldface mine):

Finding Number One

For the reasons explained in section IV of this report, I find that Governor Sarah Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act. Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) provides

The legislature reaffirms that each public officer holds office as a public trust, and any effort to benefit a personal or financial interest through official action is a violation of that trust."

Finding Number Two

I find that, although Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Trooper Michael Wooten was not the sole reason he was fired by Governor Sarah Palin, it was likely a contributing factor to his termination as Commissioner of Public Safety. In spite of that, Governor Palin's firing of Commissioner Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.

Here's a note to Mr. Branchflower, who clearly is verbose, but obviously none too keen a scholar of logic: Gov. Palin's so-called "firing" of Monegan (it wasn't a firing, it was a re-assignment to other government duties that he resigned rather than accept) can't simultaneously be a violation of the Ethics Act and "a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority." This, gentle readers, is a 263-page piece of political circus that actually explicitly refutes itself on its single most key page!

What's more incredible is that Branchflower utterly ignores the public admission made by Walt Monegan himself that ought to have ended this entire inquiry (boldface mine):

"For the record, no one ever said fire Wooten. Not the governor. Not Todd. Not any of the other staff," Monegan said Friday from Portland. "What they said directly was more along the lines of 'This isn't a person that we would want to be representing our state troopers.'"

read the rest..
http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/blog

What's that stench?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Is it desperation that fills my nostrils?!?!?!?!?!? Or is it just more reichwingnut garbage that is thrown out everyday around here?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

stephanie
10-10-2008, 10:56 PM
So,,,,,,,,,,that all you got, stevie?

What's that stench?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Is it desperation that fills my nostrils?!?!?!?!?!? Or is it just more reich wingnut garbage that is thrown out everyday around here?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

the only garbage thrown around here is yours..you know she didn't do anything wrong, as you've supposedly read the report...but just like any other time, you liberals have to lie, cheat and steal in order to win..

only Nov will tell if your garbage won..

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Lying? Cheating? Stealing? You'll have to talk to someone a lot more ignorant than me about all that, stevie.

the only garbage thrown around here is yours..you know she didn't do anything wrong, as you've supposedly read the report...but just like any other time, you liberals have to lie, cheat and steal in order to win..

only Nov will tell if your garbage won..

Garbage? It stinks, don't it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

stephanie
10-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Lying? Cheating? Stealing? You'll have to talk to someone a lot more ignorant than me about all that, stevie.

Garbage? It stinks, don't it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

YEAH..you've been tossing it round long enough, we've gotten used to the stench..

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 11:15 PM
What does your doctor say about your "denial and projection", sweetie pie?

YEAH..you've been tossing it round long enough, we've gotten used to the stench..

I'm not a doctor but I can tell you that it just makes YOU sound crazy. Can you dig it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

stephanie
10-10-2008, 11:18 PM
What does your doctor say about "denial and projection", sweetie pie?

I'm not a doctor but I can tell you that it just makes YOU sound crazy. Can you dig it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

not I sweetie ding bat..as I said..we will see in Nov...:laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Ahhhhhh,,,,,,yes we will, snotnose dingbat or whatever you're calling yourself these days.

not I sweetie ding bat..as I said..we will see in Nov...:laugh2:

Whatever happens in November is not going to be pretty for the reichwingers. Are you a reichwinger?

Yurt
10-10-2008, 11:46 PM
psydeshow...what is the evidence of any wrongdoing? i gave evidence that she is innocent and this is a political hit job...stephanie also gave indepth evidence that proves this is a farce.

any evidence psydeshow....and don't blather that just because some of them are republicans is evidence...that is not evidence at all

Psychoblues
10-11-2008, 12:10 AM
The governor was invited to the inquiry but she declined the invitation, dumbo.

psydeshow...what is the evidence of any wrongdoing? i gave evidence that she is innocent and this is a political hit job...stephanie also gave indepth evidence that proves this is a farce.

any evidence psydeshow....and don't blather that just because some of them are republicans is evidence...that is not evidence at all

The inquiry was performed by a completely bipartisan committee even if heavily comprised of elected Republicans. She was jerking off the committee just like you're trying to jerk me off, cowgirl. After all, she appointed the original committee, didn't she? I think she just loves them!!!!!!!!!!!!

What evidence can you give in this case, counselor? I've seen none of it to date.

Your ignorant ass opinion is just that, yuk. It matters about as much as anyone else's ignorant ass opinion as well as mine?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Farce? You wouldn't know farce if it made a simple fool of you.

Don't be such a stooge, lil' one.

diuretic
10-11-2008, 01:15 AM
i just love the "evidence" in this case...

Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan's refusal to fire State Trooper Mike Wooten from the state police force was "likely a contributing factor" to Monegan's July dismissal, but Palin had the authority as governor to fire him, the report by former Anchorage prosecutor Stephen Branchflower states.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/10/palin.investigation/index.html

what kind of burden of proof is that? likely....as in 5%, 10%...how "likely" :laugh2: oh wait, she had the authority to fire him anyways....

That wasn't the point though, was it? The point was that she used her public office for a personal benefit. Section IV of the report explains.

diuretic
10-11-2008, 01:18 AM
Considering all that's going on in the country right now, this is not important. Besides, she hasn't done anything that other leaders haven't done already. If they impeach her, then they need to toss others out of office as well. They should've impeached Bush several years ago for getting us involved in this war. What an asswipe!

I'd be ashamed to say I supported somone to take the second highest office in the land where it had been proven that that person abused their public office for personal gain at state level.

Look at what Cheney has done to the VP office. Now, why would anyone trust Palin, who has a proven propensity for abusing her office, with that office?

Oh wait, of course you would...she's a Republican! :laugh2:

diuretic
10-11-2008, 01:20 AM
I think she's in deep trouble. Forget the partisan bullshit, this is doing untold damage to the Republican ticket. It's just about over I think.

Psychoblues
10-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Wuzzup,doc!!!!!!! Long time no see!!!!!!!!!!!

That wasn't the point though, was it? The point was that she used her public office for a personal benefit. Section IV of the report explains.

Yuk claims he is a lawyer. You would expect he would see something so plain and self evidencing. He has failed in this instance as he has failed so many times before!!!!!!!!!!!

When agenda trumps the law it's time for a significant reconsideration. Correct?!?!??!??!!!??!!?!??!?

Can I get you a beer?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::salute:

diuretic
10-11-2008, 01:35 AM

Yuk claims he is a lawyer. You would expect he would see something so plain and self evidencing. He has failed in this instance as he has failed so many times before!!!!!!!!!!!

When agenda trumps the law it's time for a significant reconsideration. Correct?!?!??!??!!!??!!?!??!?

Warm here, a cold one would be good about now :cheers2:

On the report. I had to read it slowly and carefully. I hate reading on screen but I'm not printing out 263 pages on my trusty laser printer.

A lawyer reading it is going to go automatically into defence mode. How can it be defeated. I'm not a lawyer but my ex is and I've seen her take a file and do exactly that (I never read a file, that would be wrong, I just watched how she analysed it). She did a lot of work at home so I watched her reaction to files. She was good, I'd get her to defend me even now :laugh2:

In my teaching role I research and teach in several areas but one of them is applied ethics. I read with a half-arsed ethicist's eye. Different analysis.

By the way, lawyer joke.

"How does a lawyer know it's the weekend?"
"They wear jeans at the office"

Don't knock it, the hours are bloody horrendous.

Psychoblues
10-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Seriously, doc. I do understand the practices of American doctors of jurisprudence.

Warm here, a cold one would be good about now :cheers2:

On the report. I had to read it slowly and carefully. I hate reading on screen but I'm not printing out 263 pages on my trusty laser printer.

A lawyer reading it is going to go automatically into defence mode. How can it be defeated. I'm not a lawyer but my ex is and I've seen her take a file and do exactly that (I never read a file, that would be wrong, I just watched how she analysed it). She did a lot of work at home so I watched her reaction to files. She was good, I'd get her to defend me even now :laugh2:

In my teaching role I research and teach in several areas but one of them is applied ethics. I read with a half-arsed ethicist's eye. Different analysis.

By the way, lawyer joke.

"How does a lawyer know it's the weekend?"
"They wear jeans at the office"

Don't knock it, the hours are bloody horrendous.

Yuk is no American doctor of jurisprudence. Maybe an office clerk?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Have another on me, doc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuc
10-11-2008, 02:06 AM
C'mon she should be able to talk her way out of this jam..........if she learns English! :laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-11-2008, 02:11 AM
Dig that, nuc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon she should be able to talk her way out of this jam..........if she learns English! :laugh2:

Maybe Russian is her native tongue considering she has so much experience with them and all?!?!???!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?

namvet
10-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Dig that, nuc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Russian is her native tongue considering she has so much experience with them and all?!?!???!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Sarah Palin "abused her power" as governor in the disciplinary case against a state trooper, according to a legislative panel's report released Friday, though it also found that her firing of a state commissioner was "proper and lawful."

what's for breakfast???? edited for inappropriate content:lol::lol:

jimnyc
10-11-2008, 10:19 AM

I wouldn't knock another persons English and use improper sentence structure while doing so - it makes you look a tad foolish.

mundame
10-11-2008, 11:03 AM
I'd be ashamed to say I supported somone to take the second highest office in the land where it had been proven that that person abused their public office for personal gain at state level.

Look at what Cheney has done to the VP office. Now, why would anyone trust Palin, who has a proven propensity for abusing her office, with that office?

Yes, we're supposed to get ANOTHER power-crazed gun-totin' Vice-President, after all the damage Cheney did? Oh, my.

This rather violent, unpleasant woman with the beauty pageant come-on to men history isn't fit to be president, and that means she isn't fit to be vice-president. McCain is quite impulsive and rash and bad-tempered enough -- we don't need one even worse at the No. 2 position right behind him!

First McCain chooses a bad-tempered beauty contestant with no education or brains so male voters will drool over her; I think that's actually the most sexist insult to women I've seen in public life for a long, long time. I know John McCain is 72 and somewhat behind current mores, but darn. How could he possibly think Palin would appeal to any thinking women? Oh, right, he's sure women don't think, so no problem.

Wrong again, John. http://bestsmileys.com/evil/9.gif He lost a lot of votes playing that game.

Then he bails out of his campaign and the debate to solve the whole economic crisis for America!! He fails to manage any of the above, and has to go to the debate despite having cancelled it and the crisis is still ongoing, with a stock market crash declared yesterday.

John McCain strikes me as terminally ineffective.

Yurt
10-11-2008, 12:41 PM

diuretic....the entire report is not proof, it is opinion only. the facts are these:

mountaincomplainer stayed on the job for months after the inititial legitimate complaints about the trooper....even the trooper admits he made mistakes....and there is not one wit of evidence that her position as governor actually got the trooper fired

are you suggesting the governor and her husband should have their voice silenced when it comes to complaining about a trooper simply because she is the governor? and again, there is no evidence that the governor or her spouse's actions actually caused the firing....ONLY speculation

mountaincomplainer did in fact have serious disagreements with palin over budget issues, he was often insubordinate....palin legally fired him

my guess is, if one were to read alaska law and opine on it, you would find that "personal benefit" is related very closely to "financial" benefit.

simply put, with all their huffing and puffy, they recommended to criminal charges or anything :laugh2:

it is a political witch hunt

Yurt
10-11-2008, 12:44 PM

it matters not what stumbling drunkard thinks of me....thankfully and hopefully, you only type and drink

and i'm still waiting one ANY evidence from you that proves she abused her power :laugh2:

i have given you my arguments and factual evidence to support my views, i am not surprised that all you have are personal insults and incoherent blathering

until you can debate this with evidence and not personal insults, i suggest you keep to yourself :cheers2:

Yurt
10-11-2008, 12:56 PM
i am wrong about the personal benefit definition, apparentl it has a broad reading...

http://www.aikenstandard.com/Nation/1011Palin

also from the link above, it is clear "why" todd palin had to repeatedly make requests and it is clear why palin had to make a few requests....this evidence which the link says is in the report....shows that they actually acted as normal citizens and did not have any special access or information that is not available to ordinary citizens....i see no abuse of official power:

Branchflower also recommends the Legislature change the way complaints against peace officers such as troopers are handled. He says lawmakers should consider making it possible for people who file such complaints to get feedback about the status of their complaint and whatever action was taken about it.

The initial complaint against Wooten was filed by Gov. Palin's father, Chuck Heath, before she was elected governor in 2006. Branchflower says the inability of the family to get information about what was happening with the complaint was frustrating to them.

"I believe their frustration was real as was their skepticism about whether their complaints were being zealously investigated," Branchflower's report says. "The irony is that the complaints were taken very seriously, and a thorough investigation was underway. However, the law prevented the Troopers from giving them any feedback whatsoever."

Yurt
10-11-2008, 01:37 PM
another question:

what "official action" did she take that caused the termination of the trooper?

all the action i see are actions that ordinary citizens took or could have taken, as even brainflower admits, they were frustrated in their efforts to find out if their legitimate complaints were being taken seriously...IOW...they were as in the dark as ordinary citizens

also...remember, mountcomplainer was lawfully fired and even offered another job...and i believe the trooper was let go before mountcomplainer's termination (and again, he was offered another position)

what exactly did she do, officially, that caused the troopers termination? that is the question.

diuretic
10-12-2008, 02:21 AM
diuretic....the entire report is not proof, it is opinion only. the facts are these:

mountaincomplainer stayed on the job for months after the inititial legitimate complaints about the trooper....even the trooper admits he made mistakes....and there is not one wit of evidence that her position as governor actually got the trooper fired

are you suggesting the governor and her husband should have their voice silenced when it comes to complaining about a trooper simply because she is the governor? and again, there is no evidence that the governor or her spouse's actions actually caused the firing....ONLY speculation

mountaincomplainer did in fact have serious disagreements with palin over budget issues, he was often insubordinate....palin legally fired him

my guess is, if one were to read alaska law and opine on it, you would find that "personal benefit" is related very closely to "financial" benefit.

simply put, with all their huffing and puffy, they recommended to criminal charges or anything :laugh2:

it is a political witch hunt

I wasn't referring to the Trooper yurt, my whole focus here and in the other place has been on Finding Number One. The other findings are exculpatory. So to accept Findings Two, Three and Four you have to accept Finding One or deny the whole report.

Nor is it a political witch hunt. Apparently it's laid down in the state statutes as to how things will proceed. Having read the applicable statutes (hard work for me, your statute structure and language is very different from ours) I'm impressed with the rectitude in public life they demand.

NightTrain
10-12-2008, 08:55 AM
I'd be ashamed to say I supported somone to take the second highest office in the land where it had been proven that that person abused their public office for personal gain at state level. :laugh2:

There's where you're wrong. The report specifically said Palin did NOT personally benefit.

You moonbats are so wrapped up in a hoped-for GOTCHA! that you're not even interested in what happened and why.

Wooten was married to Sarah's sister, Molly. They got divorced. Wooten tasered a small boy, was caught drinking and driving in his Trooper Cruiser, threatened to shoot Sarah's father and threatened Sarah's sister. These are all documented and, in fact, Wooten received reprimands including suspension for his transgressions.

Now, any sane person would immediately come to the conclusion that this is a person that should NOT be given police weapons and authority. Monegan refused to fire Wooten and that combined with his other shortcomings, was removed. The report said he was lawfully removed.

Hollis French, a Demo-rat here in Alaska, promised "an October Surprise" with his little investigation into the matter. Smell like a partisan witchhunt in an election year?

Yup. French will pay for his obedience to the DNC in the next election, as Alaska is a heavily Republican state.

I know you Libs absolutely love cops that abuse their powers, however, everyone I know here in Wasilla damn sure don't want that cop around. Monegan should have done his duty to remove a bad cop, he didn't, and was removed. Pretty simple, very logical and extremely prudent.

Since Monegan wouldn't police his police, Sarah got someone that would.

namvet
10-12-2008, 08:58 AM
MEET THE INVESTIGATORS

http://images.quickblogcast.com/4/0/1/4/1/122196-114104/Alaska_investigation.jpg

known as the drill for dirt gang

The other day, I wrote a post about the phony inquiry being staged by Alaska Democrats concerning Governor Palin’s sacking of recalcitrant underling Walt Monegan.

For anyone doubting that this whole ”investigation” is a partisan scam cooked up by a bunch of good-old-boy political hacks, here’s a smoking gun from the Obama-Biden campaign web site: link (link)

just wanted to put up the photo of this white trash and the conclusive proof Osama the Nazi was involved in this up to his black beedy eyes

as far as the "trooper" goes does anyone know his name??? his record??? WHY he was canned????

NightTrain
10-12-2008, 09:03 AM
See above, NamVet :)

His name is Mike Wooten, the ADN site is down right now or I'd post links... it'll have to wait til it comes back up.

namvet
10-12-2008, 09:11 AM

Oh wait, of course you would...she's a Republican! :laugh2:

and the potential highest office directly involed with the destruction of our economy???? you give him a free pass?????
Oh wait, of course you would...he's a democrap :laugh2:

namvet
10-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Scrutiny of Wooten raises conduct questions

Wooten used a Taser on his stepson.

He illegally shot a moose.

He drank beer in his patrol car on one occasion.

He told others his father-in-law would “eat a f’ing lead bullet” if he helped his daughter get an attorney for the divorce.

married/divorced 4 times...........a real winner

“The record clearly indicates a serious and concentrated pattern of unacceptable, and at times, illegal activity occurring over a lengthy period, which establishes a course of conduct totally at odds with the ethics of our profession,” Col. Julia Grimes, then head of Alaska State Troopers, wrote in March 1, 2006, letter suspending Wooten for 10 days. After the union protested it, the suspension was reduced to five days.

She (Palin) warned that if he messed up again, he’d be fired.

source (source)

Emerging Facts About Alaska State Trooper Mike Wooten

Facts are beginning to emerge indicating that the federal investigation into Sarah Palin's alleged abuses of power may actually stem from an investigation into his conduct Alaska State Trooper Mike Wooten.

link (link)

would you want this guy to serve on your force????

Yurt
10-12-2008, 12:52 PM
I wasn't referring to the Trooper yurt, my whole focus here and in the other place has been on Finding Number One. The other findings are exculpatory. So to accept Findings Two, Three and Four you have to accept Finding One or deny the whole report.

Nor is it a political witch hunt. Apparently it's laid down in the state statutes as to how things will proceed. Having read the applicable statutes (hard work for me, your statute structure and language is very different from ours) I'm impressed with the rectitude in public life they demand.

finding number one offered zero supportive evidence...it was merely and solely an opinion with nothing at all to substantiate it...and no, i do not have to accept 1 in order to accept the rest...that is faulty logic...

i have skimmed the record and coupled with the other exculpatory findings, there is no evidence at all to support finding 1

i keep noticing that no one provides any, only that the political hack said so, therefore she is guilty

Yurt
10-12-2008, 01:18 PM
the report shows unequivocally that palin used NO offical action or powers in order to get this guy fired:

Discussion
In this case, there has been much said about the level of frustration that existed on
the part of Sarah Palin's father Chuck Heath who filed the original complaint against
Trooper Michael Wooten, and on the part of Sarah and Todd Palin, who attempted to
learn the status of the investigation only to be told by Colonel Grimes that the matter was
confidential by reason of AS 39.25.080. I believe their frustration was real as was their
skepticism about whether their complaints were being zealously investigated. The irony
is that the complaints were taken very seriously, and a thorough investigation was
underway. However, the law prevented the Troopers from giving them any feedback
whatsoever.
When a citizen files a complaint against a peace officer, there should be a
balance in our law that on the one hand seeks to protect the confidentiality of the
investigative process, but on the other recognizes that someone may have been aggrieved.
At the very least, the law should provide for the release of some information to the
complainant regarding the status of the case. When citizens are told no information can
be released, it has the potential of engendering skepticism about whether the complaint
Branchflower Report to the Legislative Council
Page 81 of 263
October 10,2008
Vol. One - Public Report
was taken seriously. There is likewise a great potential that the confidence we need to
have in our law enforcement agencies will be undermined, and respect for those
institutions will be eroded. This is especially so because in most instances, as was the
case here, the officer is an employee of the very same agency that was conducts the
investigation.
In sum, AS 39.25.080 should be studied to determine whether some relaxation of
the law is possible to allow some feedback to a person who files a complaint against a
law enforcement officer.

brainfart even recommends changing the law so others are not frustrated like the palins...

this witchhunt is so full of crap it would be laughable if all the sheeple didn't blindly believe it

CatalystOfChaos
10-13-2008, 12:34 AM
This scandal was being looked into before her vice presidency was announced.

The party looking into the scandal is BIPARTISAN, the head of it is a Republican.

Maybe they truly do have something against her, but this wasn't just released as a "let's hurt her campaign" scandal.

DragonStryk72
10-13-2008, 02:04 AM
You know, I get that in "technical" it wasn't illegal for her to do it, but she could at least have the decency to be shamed by her abuse of power. that's someone's career she ruined.

Now, that said, it's not as if the Dems are any better about calling their own fouls, so it's not like one side is any closer to moral or ethical than the other.

diuretic
10-13-2008, 05:22 AM
There's where you're wrong. The report specifically said Palin did NOT personally benefit.

You moonbats are so wrapped up in a hoped-for GOTCHA! that you're not even interested in what happened and why.

Wooten was married to Sarah's sister, Molly. They got divorced. Wooten tasered a small boy, was caught drinking and driving in his Trooper Cruiser, threatened to shoot Sarah's father and threatened Sarah's sister. These are all documented and, in fact, Wooten received reprimands including suspension for his transgressions.

Now, any sane person would immediately come to the conclusion that this is a person that should NOT be given police weapons and authority. Monegan refused to fire Wooten and that combined with his other shortcomings, was removed. The report said he was lawfully removed.

Hollis French, a Demo-rat here in Alaska, promised "an October Surprise" with his little investigation into the matter. Smell like a partisan witchhunt in an election year?

Yup. French will pay for his obedience to the DNC in the next election, as Alaska is a heavily Republican state.

I know you Libs absolutely love cops that abuse their powers, however, everyone I know here in Wasilla damn sure don't want that cop around. Monegan should have done his duty to remove a bad cop, he didn't, and was removed. Pretty simple, very logical and extremely prudent.

Since Monegan wouldn't police his police, Sarah got someone that would.

Why are you making points about Wooten? I made no point about Wooten and Monagan. So why drag them in?

Now back to Palin.

Finding 1 - abuse of power. There it is in actual writing. Does the report not say that on page 8? And does the report on pp.65 and 66 summarise the preceding evidence in concluding that Palin abused her office? Palin allowed her husband to use her office to try and get Wooten fired. Got it? Abuse of office. It's right there in the report. Millions understand it, why can't you?

diuretic
10-13-2008, 05:23 AM
and the potential highest office directly involed with the destruction of our economy???? you give him a free pass?????
Oh wait, of course you would...he's a democrap :laugh2:

I'm sorry is that shite relevant to anything I've posted? Who the fuck mentioned Obama? I pointed out that the report found that Palin abused her office. I said nothing about Obama. You need to get your delusions looked at, it could be serious :laugh2:

diuretic
10-13-2008, 05:25 AM
finding number one offered zero supportive evidence...it was merely and solely an opinion with nothing at all to substantiate it...and no, i do not have to accept 1 in order to accept the rest...that is faulty logic...

i have skimmed the record and coupled with the other exculpatory findings, there is no evidence at all to support finding 1

i keep noticing that no one provides any, only that the political hack said so, therefore she is guilty

Wrong Yurt, wrong. Read my previous post where I pointed out that the conclusion was reached after an investigation which garnered evidence from actual real people witnesses and where all the evidence is laid out to support the conclusion that Palin abused her office. It's not an opinion, it's a conclusion which was arrived at after the investigation. Go back and read it carefully. It's all there.

diuretic
10-13-2008, 05:28 AM
the report shows unequivocally that palin used NO offical action or powers in order to get this guy fired:

brainfart even recommends changing the law so others are not frustrated like the palins...

this witchhunt is so full of crap it would be laughable if all the sheeple didn't blindly believe it

You do understand that the report doesn't say that Sarah did anything to try to get Wooten fired don't you? The report says that Sarah allowed Todd to use her office of governor to mount a campaign to get Wooten fired. She should not have allowed Todd to do so. She did. Ergo she breached the ethics statute. It's right there, in the report.

diuretic
10-13-2008, 05:34 AM
You know, I get that in "technical" it wasn't illegal for her to do it, but she could at least have the decency to be shamed by her abuse of power. that's someone's career she ruined.

Now, that said, it's not as if the Dems are any better about calling their own fouls, so it's not like one side is any closer to moral or ethical than the other.

Nothing technical about her actions. The dust being flung around by the wingnuts who don't understand the recommendations of the report is confusing people. Everyone else knows what the report concluded on the evidence.

She allowed her office to be used by her husband to pursue a vendetta. The nature of her failure to understand that she doesn't personally own the office of governor is evident.

Look at the terms being used.

Todd was "First Gentleman"? What? I bet that's not in the Alaska State Constitution. Nor is "First Dude".

What we have here is a clear example of a couple who are intent on using the office of governor as a personal tool.

It's what happened but the wingnuts can't handle it.

She is covered in shit and they can't handle that either.

She is pulling McCain down in to the shit mire and they can't handle it.

But plenty of people outside the wingnut rookery can see and they don't like it.

If she is like this as governor of Alaska, allowing her husband to use the office of governor to pursue a personal vendetta, what the hell would happen if she were VP?

That's what non-wingnuts see.

jimnyc
10-13-2008, 05:52 AM
what's for breakfast???? yo moma's used tampons 1/2 breed????:lol::lol:

Mr. Vet - I don't recall you doing so previously, but please refrain from using someone's mother in your responses, or family members at all for that fact.

Someone like PB can have views that "we" think are wacky at times and still be good people inside. PB's Mom passed on quite a few years back and sometimes we flame for the fun of it and end up opening up old wounds.

manu1959
10-13-2008, 09:58 AM
tagged with a subjective ethics violation......guess she is a washington insider now.....

Immanuel
10-13-2008, 10:16 AM
She is pulling McCain down in to the shit mire and they can't handle it.

If she is like this as governor of Alaska, allowing her husband to use the office of governor to pursue a personal vendetta, what the hell would happen if she were VP?

What?

Senator McCain has been in the mire a heck of a lot longer than Gov. Palin. Also, talk about a vendetta? It appears to me more that it is certain members of the Alaska Legislature that are waging vendettas. Of course, since they are Democrats we wouldn't want to accuse them of waging a vendetta against her, now would we?

Immie

SpidermanTUba
10-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Breaking: Sarah Palin Guilty Of Betraying Public Trust

So what you're saying is, she IS qualified to be President.

mundame
10-13-2008, 01:54 PM
So what you're saying is, she IS qualified to be President.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

That's why McCain is losing: his first presidential decision, and he screwed it up bigtime.

diuretic
10-13-2008, 04:17 PM
What?

Senator McCain has been in the mire a heck of a lot longer than Gov. Palin. Also, talk about a vendetta? It appears to me more that it is certain members of the Alaska Legislature that are waging vendettas. Of course, since they are Democrats we wouldn't want to accuse them of waging a vendetta against her, now would we?

Immie

Immie, it's not over. The legislature is going to have to deal with this when it resumes. Todd has his fingerprints all over it.