PDA

View Full Version : Labor Warns McCain About Crowds

Psychoblues
10-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Inciting violence and revolution is not cool in America,,,,,,,,,,,anymore.

Source: Boston.com

by Foon Rhee, deputy national political editor

The head of the nation's biggest labor federation is joining the chorus of voices warning about the increasingly angry crowds coming to John McCain's campaign events. At rallies this week, McCain's criticisms of Democrat Barack Obama have been met with shouts of "terrorist," "liar," and other harsh words.

"Sen. John McCain, Gov. Sarah Palin and the leadership of the Republican party have a fundamental moral responsibility to denounce the violent rhetoric that has pervaded recent McCain and Palin political rallies," said John Sweeney, president of the AFL-CIO, which has endorsed Obama. "When rally attendees shout out such attacks as 'terrorist' or 'kill him' about Sen. Barack Obama, when they are cheered on by crowds incited by McCain-Palin rhetoric -- it is chilling that McCain and Palin do nothing to object.

"In a world where unspeakable violence is too often promulgated by extremists, it is no small or trivial matter to call someone a terrorist -- or to incite potentially dangerous individuals toward violence," Sweeney said in a statement. "John McCain, Sarah Palin and Republican leaders are walking a very thin line in pretending not to hear the hateful invectives spewed at their rallies. McCain should end this line of attack in the strongest possible terms. Anything less puts McCain in the same camp as the racists and extremists who are bringing their angry rhetoric to his campaign events..................."

More: http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/10/labor_warns_mcc.html

If war is what you want, then war is what you'll have. Sick,,,,,,,, ain't it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

10-11-2008, 01:55 AM
John McCain can hardly incite people to vote for him, who the hell is going to riot because of anything he says?

Psychoblues
10-11-2008, 02:04 AM
Have you been watching his rallies or did you see the clips from today, a'21?

John McCain can hardly incite people to vote for him, who the hell is going to riot because of anything he says?

For whatever reason, JM is attracting some very sick and very ignorant people to his fundraising and otherwise political outreaches. And, he lets them have the microphones!!!!!!!!!! Simply amazing!!!!!!!!!

PostmodernProphet
10-11-2008, 05:13 AM
it isn't hard to understand why conservatives are angry about liberals.....what is hard to understand is why liberals think it's McCain's fault......

mundame
10-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Quoting:

The head of the nation's biggest labor federation is joining the chorus of voices warning about the increasingly angry crowds coming to John McCain's campaign events. At rallies this week, McCain's criticisms of Democrat Barack Obama have been met with shouts of "terrorist," "liar," and other harsh words.

"Sen. John McCain, Gov. Sarah Palin and the leadership of the Republican party have a fundamental moral responsibility to denounce the violent rhetoric that has pervaded recent McCain and Palin political rallies," said John Sweeney, president of the AFL-CIO, which has endorsed Obama. "When rally attendees shout out such attacks as 'terrorist' or 'kill him' about Sen. Barack Obama, when they are cheered on by crowds incited by McCain-Palin rhetoric -- it is chilling that McCain and Palin do nothing to object.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............It wasn't clear from the segment on Fox News that they are worried about revving up actual assassination attempts!

Okay, this makes sense of McCain's rebuking his crowds even if you don't buy him as a morality figure.

The polls are over 7% favoring Obama today and I note here and elsewhere that conservatives who want McCain (I'm more conservative than you think but I've given up) are getting angrier and angrier and some of them are starting the killing talk, as you know.

Yeah, McCain doesn't need to get blamed for some crazy taking a shot. He does need to stop mob misbehavior, at least at his own rallies. And he won't suffer from it: it DOES look presidential!

About the only thing McCain has done that does.

10-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............It wasn't clear from the segment on Fox News that they are worried about revving up actual assassination attempts!

Okay, this makes sense of McCain's rebuking his crowds even if you don't buy him as a morality figure.

The polls are over 7% favoring Obama today and I note here and elsewhere that conservatives who want McCain (I'm more conservative than you think but I've given up) are getting angrier and angrier and some of them are starting the killing talk, as you know.

Yeah, McCain doesn't need to get blamed for some crazy taking a shot. He does need to stop mob misbehavior, at least at his own rallies. And he won't suffer from it: it DOES look presidential!

killing Obama? Who would do something that stupid? That would mean wed have to deal with Biden as President.... scary...

Silver
10-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Haha...when liberals riot, loot, and burn down the cities its called a protest....freedom of expression....so....stfu

Kathianne
10-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Haha...when liberals riot, loot, and burn down the cities its called a protest....freedom of expression....so....stfu

I was thinking the same, Code Pink and other groups advocating soldiers to kill their commanding officers.

10-11-2008, 05:08 PM
It's called projection. Liberals love projecting on conservative their failings.

Psychoblues
10-14-2008, 02:33 AM
You're not anymore conservative than I think, mundame!?!??!??!??!?!?!??!

Do you take me for the dittohead/lemming that is usual on this board?