PDA

View Full Version : New spammer threat

gabosaurus
10-11-2008, 09:53 PM
To Jim and anyone else who moderates new members:
There is a new anonymous bot that does not leave behind IP or other tracking evidence. It operates in what is called a "secure tunnel." Businesses have been plagued by this recently.
I recommend moderating the first few posts of any new member. If you find a spammer, block it. :D

jimnyc
10-12-2008, 04:37 AM
While I agree it's nearly impossible to track someone using a secure tunnel, or proxy service, they do in fact have an IP address - that of the tunneling service they are utilizing. It's similar to when someone would use a VPN when on an unsecured connection to connect to a secured connection, such as when someone connects to work from home. The "bot" I refer to in my other update also contain a list of hundreds of proxy services and each time the same spammer attempts to register it will appear from a different IP address.

It's no different than a single banned member creating a new, free, email address, connecting through a proxy server & joining with a new username - only the software being used makes it automated and 3000% quicker!

jimnyc
10-12-2008, 07:55 PM
In light of your recent attitude and attacks, I would like to respond once again but a little differently.

Please don't start threads in the announcements section, especially about things you have no fucking clue about. What you stated is outright impossible and only a dumbass would post such garbage. Stick to what you know best - and make sure it's hot, and get my fucking slippers when you serve me, wench.

Said1
10-12-2008, 08:44 PM
In light of your recent attitude and attacks, I would like to respond once again but a little differently.

Please don't start threads in the announcements section, especially about things you have no fucking clue about. What you stated is outright impossible and only a dumbass would post such garbage. Stick to what you know best - and make sure it's hot, and get my fucking slippers when you serve me, wench.

Don't be to hard on her, things are probably unraveling.
:laugh2: