PDA

View Full Version : SOWELL: The real Obama

stephanie
10-12-2008, 10:23 AM
:clap:

Thomas Sowell
Sunday, October 12, 2008

Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama slammed Republican Sen. John McCain's mortgage plan as a sop to banks and a bad deal for taxpayers. (Associated Press)

COMMENTARY:

Critics of Sen. Barack Obama make a strategic mistake when they talk about his "past associations." That just gives his many defenders in the media an opportunity to counterattack against "guilt by association."

We all have associations, whether at the office, in our neighborhood or in various recreational activities. Most of us neither know nor care what our associates believe or say about politics.

Associations are very different from alliances. Allies are not just people who happen to be where you are or to be doing the same things you do. You choose allies deliberately for a reason. The kind of allies you choose says something about you.

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Father Michael Pfleger, William Ayers and Antoin Rezko are not just people who happened to be at the same place at the same time as Barack Obama. They are people with whom he chose to ally himself for years, and with some of whom serious money changed hands.

Some gave political support, and some gave financial support, to Mr. Obama's election campaigns, and Mr. Obama in turn contributed either his own money or the taxpayers' money to some of them. That is a familiar political alliance - but an alliance is not just an "association" from being at the same place at the same time.

read it all here..
http://www.washtimes.com/news/2008/oct/12/the-real-obama/

Sitarro
10-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Thomas Sowell, this is a man who I would support as the first black President.

Kathianne
10-12-2008, 11:41 AM

I don't think he wants to go there. He's so spot on though!

Sitarro
10-12-2008, 12:08 PM
I don't think he wants to go there. He's so spot on though!

I'm sure he isn't interested. Anyone with true brilliance wouldn't be.

stephanie
10-12-2008, 12:13 PM

I would support Thomas Sowell as well as Michael Steel for President.

but never in a 100 yrs. would I support the little puppet, lover of Marxism they have running today..