QUEERLY BELOVED
WorldNetDaily
School takes 1st-graders to see lesbian teacher wed
'This is an overt indoctrination of children who are too young'
Posted: October 11, 2008
7:30 pm Eastern

WorldNetDaily

Photo courtesy Liz Hafalia, San Francisco Chronicle

A public school in San Francisco bused 18 first-graders to City Hall yesterday, so the youngsters could scatter rose petals in celebration of their lesbian teacher's wedding.

The students, from Creative Arts Charter School, waited on the steps for their teacher with bags of pink rose petals, bottles of bubbles and, at least for some, with political buttons asking Californians to vote down Proposition 8, a ballot measure that seeks to define marriage in the state as a union between one man and one woman.

"She's a really nice teacher. She's the best," 6-year-old Chava Novogrodsky-Godt told the San Francisco Chronicle, wearing a "No on 8" button on her shirt. "I want her to have a good wedding."

As WND reported, supporters of California's Proposition 8 have claimed that combining legalized same-sex marriage with the state's mandate that schools "teach respect for marriage and committed relationships" would result in kindergartners being taught the virtues of homosexual marriage. Opponents have called such arguments fabrications and scare tactics.

Yesterday's field trip wasn't quite kindergartners, but it was close.

"It shows that not only can it happen, but it has already happened," said Chip White, press secretary for the Yes on 8 campaign.

"It's just utterly unreasonable that a public school field trip would be to a same-sex wedding," White told the Chronicle. "This is overt indoctrination of children who are too young to have an understanding of its purpose."

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=77734

Indoctrination and recruitment are their only means of propagating their species.

jimnyc
10-12-2008, 11:33 AM
I wish they would take my son to something similar. I would have had him spread dog shit at their feet instead.

krisy
10-12-2008, 11:47 AM
I wish they would take my son to something similar. I would have had him spread dog shit at their feet instead.

:laugh2:

Schools are going way over the line these days.Teach the three r's and leave teaching morals to the parents. The schools have no right..literally.

Missileman
10-12-2008, 11:56 AM
QUEERLY BELOVED
WorldNetDaily
School takes 1st-graders to see lesbian teacher wed
'This is an overt indoctrination of children who are too young'
Posted: October 11, 2008
7:30 pm Eastern

WorldNetDaily

Photo courtesy Liz Hafalia, San Francisco Chronicle

A public school in San Francisco bused 18 first-graders to City Hall yesterday, so the youngsters could scatter rose petals in celebration of their lesbian teacher's wedding.

The students, from Creative Arts Charter School, waited on the steps for their teacher with bags of pink rose petals, bottles of bubbles and, at least for some, with political buttons asking Californians to vote down Proposition 8, a ballot measure that seeks to define marriage in the state as a union between one man and one woman.

"She's a really nice teacher. She's the best," 6-year-old Chava Novogrodsky-Godt told the San Francisco Chronicle, wearing a "No on 8" button on her shirt. "I want her to have a good wedding."

As WND reported, supporters of California's Proposition 8 have claimed that combining legalized same-sex marriage with the state's mandate that schools "teach respect for marriage and committed relationships" would result in kindergartners being taught the virtues of homosexual marriage. Opponents have called such arguments fabrications and scare tactics.

Yesterday's field trip wasn't quite kindergartners, but it was close.

"It shows that not only can it happen, but it has already happened," said Chip White, press secretary for the Yes on 8 campaign.

"It's just utterly unreasonable that a public school field trip would be to a same-sex wedding," White told the Chronicle. "This is overt indoctrination of children who are too young to have an understanding of its purpose."

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=77734

Indoctrination and recruitment are their only means of propagating their species.

OH THE HORROR! Every little boy who witnessed it is in DANGER of becoming a lesbian. :rolleyes:

krisy
10-12-2008, 12:05 PM
OH THE HORROR! Every little boy who witnessed it is in DANGER of becoming a lesbian. :rolleyes:

So,since you seem to be o.k. with the school doing whatever they want withour kids,,I'm curious. Would you be o.k. if the teacher were a conservative and bussed the kids to a pro life rally?

jimnyc
10-12-2008, 12:07 PM

Maybe in danger of asking their friends and parents why two people of the same sex are getting married. Not really a subject for children that age, nor should it be the responsibility of a school to teach it to children.

Kathianne
10-12-2008, 12:16 PM

No, that is not the danger, needless to say. ;) The problem would be in it being school sanctioned. As far as that goes, when our 5th grade teacher got married this August, she didn't make an announcement, nor did the school. Seems some of the parents wanted to 'support her' and found out where and when. They brought their children to the church. Obviously they weren't 'invited' but came for the ceremony. The bride asked if they would like to come to the reception, she was touched that 4 students showed up, the parents were like, "No. We didn't come for that reason, just wanted you to know our kids like and respect you. They are happy for you."

If that was the case here, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Do you think that a field trip for a wedding, regardless of the type, is school appropriate?

Missileman
10-12-2008, 12:41 PM
So,since you seem to be o.k. with the school doing whatever they want withour kids,,I'm curious. Would you be o.k. if the teacher were a conservative and bussed the kids to a pro life rally?

A pro-life rally? What possible connection is there between a wedding and a pro-life rally? You might as well have asked if I'd be okay with a Jewish teacher bussing the class down to the synagogue to have them all circumsized.

Missileman
10-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Maybe in danger of asking their friends and parents why two people of the same sex are getting married. Not really a subject for children that age, nor should it be the responsibility of a school to teach it to children.

I don't see the big deal. Any different than the teacher bringing her spouse to a birthday party or Christmas party where the kids attend?

Missileman
10-12-2008, 12:46 PM
No, that is not the danger, needless to say. ;) The problem would be in it being school sanctioned. As far as that goes, when our 5th grade teacher got married this August, she didn't make an announcement, nor did the school. Seems some of the parents wanted to 'support her' and found out where and when. They brought their children to the church. Obviously they weren't 'invited' but came for the ceremony. The bride asked if they would like to come to the reception, she was touched that 4 students showed up, the parents were like, "No. We didn't come for that reason, just wanted you to know our kids like and respect you. They are happy for you."

If that was the case here, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Do you think that a field trip for a wedding, regardless of the type, is school appropriate?

I would think personal involvement beyond the classroom would be something a teacher would advocate.

Kathianne
10-12-2008, 12:51 PM
I would think personal involvement beyond the classroom would be something a teacher would advocate.

Not for curriculum reasons. So for what? Should my students know that I'm dating several people right now? While they do know I have 3 children. Should the know why I chose to divorce?

Seriously, some things are not of pertinence to education.

I want my students to know that:
1. I care about them, both as students and as people.
2. I want them to care about me, it's a matter of mutual respect.
3. I want them to succeed.
4. I do everything I can to help them succeed and grow, as students and as humans.

That's about it. They don't need to know my sex life, my personal life. They need to know I'm there for them. I can't stop abusive parents, I can and do report them.

krisy
10-12-2008, 12:51 PM
A pro-life rally? What possible connection is there between a wedding and a pro-life rally? You might as well have asked if I'd be okay with a Jewish teacher bussing the class down to the synagogue to have them all circumsized.

Because homosexuality is a morality issue for a lot of people,as is abortion. The school has no business taking children to any wedding. It's school,not social time.

Missileman
10-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Because homosexuality is a morality issue for a lot of people,as is abortion.

The people who COUNT in this case...aka, the kids parents, apparently had no problem with it.

Noir
10-12-2008, 01:05 PM
seems fair enough, obviously the kids perents would have t have been asked, if their perants were fine with it hen what's the problem?

Silver
10-12-2008, 02:07 PM
I don't see the big deal. Any different than the teacher bringing her spouse to a birthday party or Christmas party where the kids attend?

Thats because you're probably a cock sucker yourself----:finger3:

emmett
10-12-2008, 03:28 PM

The problem with that Jim is when they ask their "mommies" about the wedding, what kind of reply do you think they will get. Remember this took place in San Francisco.:laugh2:

Missileman
10-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Thats because you're probably a cock sucker yourself----:finger3:

Oh..I'm crushed! That the best argument you can formulate, slick? Even if I were so inclined, I wouldn't be able to steal the business away from your momma.

CatalystOfChaos
10-13-2008, 12:29 AM
If it had been some random woman, that'd be a whole other matter.

It was their teacher, and I'd be there were more than 18 kids in their class, and that the other children weren't allowed to go...

Parents have to sign field trip permission slips. These parents allowed their children to go to see their teacher get married.

These kids didn't have this foisted or forced on them, their parents knew about it and allowed it.

DragonStryk72
10-13-2008, 02:22 AM

Honestly? no, as much as I was born and raised catholic, and went to catholic school, I can say quite honestly we never went on one school run trip to see a wedding.

This is not, btw, anything to do with gay marriage, I mean at all. While I believe the decision was made from the good of the school's heart, this is something that is not within their purview. It would have been just as easy for the teacher to invite her students individually, going to the parents directly, instead of this.

Yes, schools have important lessons to teach, but they are not the place your kid goes to learn values. That is the purview of parents, and we all seem a bit too willing these days to let the schools handle that.

R.Beasley
11-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Homosexuality is an immoral, sinful, deviant lifestyle that should be discouraged. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes is their business, however the homosexuals seem to be intent on forcing decent, respectable, moral people to accept this lifstyle. We must protect our society at all cost from this perversion. Our children and granchildren must be protected from this lifestyle. We must not allow this perversion to be accepted or taught in our schools to be acceptable or an alternative lifestyle.

crin63
11-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Homosexuality is an immoral, sinful, deviant lifestyle that should be discouraged. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes is their business, however the homosexuals seem to be intent on forcing decent, respectable, moral people to accept this lifstyle. We must protect our society at all cost from this perversion. Our children and granchildren must be protected from this lifestyle. We must not allow this perversion to be accepted or taught in our schools to be acceptable or an alternative lifestyle.

I agree! You have to be careful with the,"at all cost" statement. Someone will accuse you of wanting to lynch them or something stupid like that.

Trinity
11-01-2008, 09:19 PM
The people who COUNT in this case...aka, the kids parents, apparently had no problem with it.

but here is the question.....did the parent's know? Were they informed of the field trip and where they were going? I know at my son's school they send home a slip at the beginning of the year for parents to sign for their children to attend field trips through out the year. That is the only form I ever sign, however they do not put on the form where or what the field trips may be. I do talk to the teachers regularly so I know where and what my children will be doing.

R.Beasley
11-01-2008, 09:32 PM
I agree! You have to be careful with the,"at all cost" statement. Someone will accuse you of wanting to lynch them or something stupid like that.

You make a good point, but that was not the way that it was meant. I also believe that we try to hard sometimes to be politically correct and not offend anyone.

Kathianne
11-01-2008, 09:41 PM
but here is the question.....did the parent's know? Were they informed of the field trip and where they were going? I know at my son's school they send home a slip at the beginning of the year for parents to sign for their children to attend field trips through out the year. That is the only form I ever sign, however they do not put on the form where or what the field trips may be. I do talk to the teachers regularly so I know where and what my children will be doing.

Wow, not here! Every time, even walking, that the students leave school property a field trip permission slip is required. States leaving and estimated arrival time back to school. Where the trip is and the educational purpose of the trip. It's also required that we have medical permission for emergency care and numbers to reach 2 responsible adults.

Missileman
11-01-2008, 11:17 PM

If you can provide any evidence that the kids were taken to the wedding without parental knowledge or permission, I will alter my position that this was appropriate.

stephanie
11-02-2008, 12:13 AM
what ever happened to the field trips to the museum??

this is totally improper for a school to do..

sick sick sick..

gabosaurus
11-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Wait until next spring. When the constitutional amendment allowing gay marriage passes.