PDA

View Full Version : House Dems Covering Up Another Sex Scandal

red states rule
10-13-2008, 02:22 PM
It looks like yet another Dem has been caught with his pants down - and Dems are trying to cover it up

Owning Mahoney

Rep. Tim Mahoney (D-Fla.) is finding himself in an October sex scandal, about two years after his GOP predecessor Mark Foley was forced to step down in the wake of his own personal indiscretions.

ABC News is reporting that Mahoney agreed to pay a $121,000 settlement to a former mistress, Patricia Allen, who worked on his Congressional and campaign staff since his 2006 campaign.

The story also reveals that Mahoney promised her a job at the consulting firm that handles his campaign’s media production.

Some of the juicy bits excerpted from the ABC story:

-- A spokesperson for [Democratic Caucus Chair] Rahm Emanuel, said he confronted Mahoney "upon hearing a rumor" about an affair in 2007 and "told him he was in public life and had a responsibility to act accordingly." Emanuel's spokesperson said he had not had any further contacts with Mahoney on the subject and did not know the woman involved worked on Mahoney's Congressional staff until informed by ABC News.

-- The affair between Mahoney and Allen began, according to the current and former staffers, in 2006 when Mahoney was campaigning for Congress against Foley, promising "a world that is safer, more moral."

At the time, Mahoney's campaign ads featured a picture of him with his wife, Terry, with the line, "Restoring America's Values Begins at Home."

-- The staffers say Mahoney first met Allen at a campaign stop and later arranged for her to work as a volunteer on the campaign. Allen also appeared in a Mahoney campaign television commercial, criticizing his opponent.

Friends of Allen told ABC News that Allen sought to break off the affair when she learned Mahoney was allegedly involved in other extra-marital relationships at the same time.

Her friends say she told them Mahoney threatened that ending the relationship could cost her the job.

"You work at my pleasure," Congressman Mahoney told Allen on a January 20, 2008 telephone call that was recorded and played for Mahoney staffers. ABC News was provided a copy.

This brewing scandal clearly benefits Mahoney's Republican challenger, Tom Rooney. Rooney already was running competitively against Mahoney before the scandal broke, but now it's hard to see how Mahoney survives.

Rooney spokesman Jeff Ostermayer declined to comment on the ABC story.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/scorecard/1008/Owning_Mahoney.html

mundame
10-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Oh, it's a sex scandal with a woman?

What a relief.

If it were Republicans, it would be with a boy or another man.

red states rule
10-13-2008, 02:30 PM

What a relief.

Thanks for proving it only matters to libs when it is a Republican who gets caught

hjmick
10-13-2008, 02:31 PM

What a relief.

Yeah, because everyone knows that only Republicans are gay and/or pedophiles. :slap:

mundame
10-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah, because everyone knows that only Republicans are gay and/or pedophiles. :slap:

Republican male politicians do seem to have an astounding same-sex sex bias, yes. Everyone has noticed this unfortunate fact.

red states rule
10-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Republican male politicians do seem to have an astounding same-sex sex bias, yes. Everyone has noticed this unfortunate fact.

When did Barney Frank and Gov McGreevey become Republicans?

mundame
10-13-2008, 02:39 PM
When did Barney Frank and Gov McGreevey become Republicans?

Good catch. http://bestsmileys.com/lol/13.gif

Still............................................. ..too many Republicans getting caught by the Second Law of Politics, don't get caught in bed with a dead girl or live boy.

Abbey Marie
10-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Thank God Ted Kennedy was only a homicidal drunk. ;)

mundame
10-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Thank God Ted Kennedy was only a homicidal drunk. ;)

Interesting point ------- if you think about it, Teddie DID sort of get involved with the "dead girl" part of that rule.

At least it kept him out of the presidency.

red states rule
10-13-2008, 02:51 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/133121.gif

Immanuel
10-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Interesting point ------- if you think about it, Teddie DID sort of get involved with the "dead girl" part of that rule.

At least it kept him out of the presidency.

Amen to that!!!!

Immie

mundame
10-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Yes, well.

I never voted for Clinton, for those reasons pictured. http://macg.net/emoticons/grininvert.gif

Still, at least it was with normal women!! not in a men's restroom doing a tap dance..............

:dance:

red states rule
10-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Yes, well.

I never voted for Clinton, for those reasons pictured. http://macg.net/emoticons/grininvert.gif

Still, at least it was with normal women!! not in a men's restroom doing a tap dance..............

:dance:

and Barney Frank takes care of his boyfriend with your money

But that is OK with you, he is a Dem

http://www.businessandmedia.org/printer/2008/20080924145932.aspx

mundame
10-13-2008, 03:05 PM
But that is OK with you, he is a Dem

Nope, I'm not a Dem and never have been, and I personally think Barney Franks has brought down the world economy.

red states rule
10-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Nope, I'm not a Dem and never have been, and I personally think Barney Franks has brought down the world economy.

That goes against all the talking points - it is all the fault of Republcians according to the Dems and the liberal media

Keep telling us you are not a Dem - but first you have to convince yourself

mundame
10-13-2008, 03:11 PM
That goes against all the talking points - it is all the fault of Republcians according to the Dems and the liberal media

Keep telling us you are not a Dem - but first you have to convince yourself

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh, RSR --- you aren't much fun to talk to these days.

No respect.

red states rule
10-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh, RSR --- you aren't much fun to talk to these days.

No respect.

I would have more respect for you if you would admit who you really are. Why do some liberals run away from who they are?

Abbey Marie
10-13-2008, 03:17 PM
I would have more respect for you if you would admit who you really are. Why do some liberals run away from who they are?

Well, Mundame is much more reasonable than most of the libs we've seen on here. I think she has some liberal leanings, but I believe her. :)

red states rule
10-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Well, Mundame is much more reasonable than most of the libs we've seen on here. I think she has some liberal leanings, but I believe her. :)

Perhaps. If I am wrong about her I will issue the appropriate apology. There are times when she sounds like she is listening to Dead Air America and Chris Matthews and posting their talking points

hjmick
10-13-2008, 03:20 PM

I agree, Abbey. While most of my leanings tend to the conservative, I do hold a couple that would be considerd liberal. In my dealings with Mun, I have found her to be reasonable and engaging. Though I find most of her positions lean to the left, she does sometimes surprise me by agreeing with a conservative point of view. She also, frequently, recognizes the common sense that is missing in most of today's politics. I think Mundame finds herself in much the same position I do, no candidate that represents her beliefs.

Immanuel
10-13-2008, 03:49 PM

I concur. She's got some definite liberal leanings, but at least she is reasonable on most issues. It is good to have her around.

Immie