PDA

View Full Version : Americans' BullShit Detectors Off Charts With Palin

Psychoblues
10-13-2008, 03:53 PM
I knew somebody out there thought a lot like me. With proof, too!!!!!!!!!!!

By Garrison Keillor, Syndicated Columnist
In print: Saturday, October 11, 2008

We are a stalwart and stouthearted people, and never more so than in hard times. People weep in the dark and arise in the morning and go to work. The waves crash on your nest egg and a chunk is swept away and you put your salami sandwich in the brown bag and get on the bus. In Philly, a woman earns $10.30/hour to care for a man brought down by cystic fibrosis. She bathes and dresses him in the morning, brings him meals, puts him to bed at night. It's hard work lifting him and she has suffered a painful hernia that, because she can't afford health insurance, she can't get fixed, but she still goes to work because he'd be helpless without her. There are a lot of people like her. I know because I'm related to some of them.

Low dishonesty and craven cynicism sometimes win the day but not inevitably. The attempt to link Barack Obama to an old radical in his neighborhood has desperation and deceit written all over it. Meanwhile, stunning acts of heroism stand out, such as the fidelity of military lawyers assigned to defend detainees at Guantanamo Bay — uniformed officers faithful to their lawyerly duty to offer a vigorous defense even though it means exposing the injustice of military justice that is rigged for conviction and the mendacity of a commander in chief who commits war crimes. If your law school is looking for a name for its new library, instead of selling the honor to a fat cat alumnus, you should consider the names of Lt. Cmdr. Charles Swift, Lt. Col. Mark Bridges, Col. Steven David, Lt. Col. Sharon Shaffer, Lt. Cmdr. Philip Sundel and Maj. Michael Mori.

It was dishonest, cynical men who put forward a clueless young woman for national office, hoping to juice up the ticket, hoping she could skate through two months of chaperoned campaigning, but the truth emerges: The lady is talking freely about matters she has never thought about. The American people have an ear for B.S. They can tell when someone's mouth is moving and the clutch is not engaged. When she said, "One thing that Americans do at this time, also, though, is let's commit ourselves just every day, American people, Joe Sixpack, hockey moms across the nation, I think we need to band together and say never again. Never will we be exploited and taken advantage of again by those who are managing our money and loaning us these dollars," people smelled gas.................

More: http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/columns/article847149.ece

From day one I thought she was wayyyyyyyyy out of her paygrade!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Mr. P
10-13-2008, 04:33 PM
I like listening to Garrison Keillor on the radio..but the fact is he's a liberal entertainer with another liberal entertainer opinion. That a buck will get ya...a cup of coffee..but no credibility.

It's like listening to a plumbers opinion of brain surgery. :poke:

KitchenKitten99
10-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Newsflash psycho... no one here takes him seriously, I don't see why someone outside this state would.

He's a joke around here. Especially since I live in his hometown.

manu1959
10-13-2008, 04:44 PM
isn't this the guy that sang the song "everyone hates the jews.........."

stephanie
10-13-2008, 07:53 PM
never seen more men afraid of a little ole country woman..

pretty funny..:laugh2:

and if you want to see clueless, just read the article above and look at the person who posted it...

Psychoblues
10-14-2008, 02:10 AM
My bullshit detector went off long ago with you, stevie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never seen more men afraid of a little ole country woman..

pretty funny..:laugh2:

and if you want to see clueless, just read the article above and look at the person who posted it...

Care to add something substantial to the conversation?

mundame
10-14-2008, 09:30 AM
When she said, "One thing that Americans do at this time, also, though, is let's commit ourselves just every day, American people, Joe Sixpack, hockey moms across the nation, I think we need to band together and say never again. Never will we be exploited and taken advantage of again by those who are managing our money and loaning us these dollars," people smelled gas.................

Not only can't she think, she can't even talk plain.

If only McCain had selected some normal, respectable, experienced, intelligent vice-presidential candidate like we expected him to do!! He might well have won the election.

When he chose Palin, that was the beginning of the end, and I believe that's how analysts general will write it up after the election is over and lost.

It's really disappointing that McCain went downhill like he did at the end of the campaign.

stephanie
10-14-2008, 09:33 AM
ugh!!

mundame
10-14-2008, 09:42 AM
I know you are a woman of very, very few words, Stephanie ---------

But....... have you gone back to just grunts now?

That picture of you that you have up with your posts.......

I'm going to tell you as a friend that if it's a good likeness, okay, but it's NOT flattering.

mundame
10-14-2008, 09:43 AM
I'd say have someone take another picture, maybe wearing something a little..........

More stylish.

http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

stephanie
10-14-2008, 09:51 AM
snort!!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/7x8hg21194233877.jpg

mundame
10-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Actually, I think this is the best conversation I've had with you.

You should go on expressing yourself this way, it really works. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

stephanie
10-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Actually, I think this is the best conversation I've had with you.

You should go on expressing yourself this way, it really works. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/3bunny_pancake.jpg

Psychoblues
10-19-2008, 05:01 AM
I dig it, mundame.

Not only can't she think, she can't even talk plain.

If only McCain had selected some normal, respectable, experienced, intelligent vice-presidential candidate like we expected him to do!! He might well have won the election.

When he chose Palin, that was the beginning of the end, and I believe that's how analysts general will write it up after the election is over and lost.

It's really disappointing that McCain went downhill like he did at the end of the campaign.

Maybe we'll see better in the next 2 weeks!!!!!!!! I doubt it!!!!!!!!!!

theHawk
10-19-2008, 09:01 AM
I think American's bullshit detectors are already overloaded by Obama.