PDA

View Full Version : Acorn, Woods, Obama, Ayers

Kathianne
10-14-2008, 05:22 AM
It seems no matter how presented, the left is determined to ignore the story. I seriously believe that most are not in favor of undermining either our voting apparatus or our system of government, or economy. Yet, there are the underpinnings of the desire to do just that:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122394051071230749.html

Obama and Acorn
Community organizers, phony voters, and your tax dollars.

At the recent Emmy Awards, historian Laura Linney averred that America's Founders had been "community organizers" -- like Barack Obama. Too bad they aren't like that any more. Mr. Obama's kind of organizers work at Acorn, the militant advocacy group that is turning up in reports about voter fraud across the country.
[Review & Outlook] AP

Acorn -- the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now -- has been around since 1970 and boasts 350,000 members. We've written about them for years, but Acorn is now getting more attention as John McCain's campaign makes an issue of the fraud reports and Acorn's ties to Mr. Obama. It's about time someone exposed this shady outfit that uses government dollars to lobby for larger government.

Acorn uses various affiliated groups to agitate for "a living wage," for "affordable housing," for "tax justice" and union and environmental goals, as well as against school choice and welfare reform. It was a major contributor to the subprime meltdown by pushing lenders to make home loans on easy terms, conducting "strikes" against banks so they'd lower credit standards.

But the organization's real genius is getting American taxpayers to foot the bill. ...

...Which brings us to Mr. Obama, who got his start as a Chicago "community organizer" at Acorn's side. In 1992 he led voter registration efforts as the director of Project Vote, which included Acorn. This past November, he lauded Acorn's leaders for being "smack dab in the middle" of that effort. Mr. Obama also served as a lawyer for Acorn in 1995, in a case against Illinois to increase access to the polls.

During his tenure on the board of Chicago's Woods Fund, that body funneled more than $200,000 to Acorn. More recently, the Obama campaign paid $832,000 to an Acorn affiliate. The campaign initially told the Federal Election Commission this money was for "staging, sound, lighting." It later admitted the cash was to get out the vote.

The Obama campaign is now distancing itself from Acorn, claiming Mr. Obama never organized with it and has nothing to do with illegal voter registration. Yet it's disingenuous to channel cash into an operation with a history of fraud and then claim you're shocked to discover reports of fraud. As with Rev. Jeremiah Wright and William Ayers, Mr. Obama was happy to associate with Acorn when it suited his purposes. But now that he's on the brink of the Presidency, he wants to disavow his ties.

The Justice Department needs to treat these fraud reports as something larger than a few local violators. The question is whether Acorn is systematically subverting U.S. election law -- on the taxpayer's dime.

There's ties too between Acorn, Ayers, Woods Foundation, Chicago Annenberg Challenge, the question poses itself, 'Why did McCain wait so long to bring this complex picture of Obama forward?' Is there time, I have my doubts.

diuretic
10-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Acorn - Woods - truffles.....truffles in omelette...can't make an omelette without breaking eggs......I need a link to Ayers... got it ... okay making truffle omelette and watching the colours on Ayers Rock changing...hey Ayers! You rock man!

Did I miss one?

Oh yes, I did. Obama.

How can I work him in?

Nup can't think of anything.

I'll just have to chuck in McCain - well an omelette's nothing without toast, right? :laugh2:

No story K, no story at all ma'am, that's why it's lost traction.

Immanuel
10-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Acorn - Woods - truffles.....truffles in omelette...can't make an omelette without breaking eggs......I need a link to Ayers... got it ... okay making truffle omelette and watching the colours on Ayers Rock changing...hey Ayers! You rock man!

Did I miss one?

Oh yes, I did. Obama.

How can I work him in?

I'll just have to chuck in McCain - well an omelette's nothing without toast, right? :laugh2:

Sir Di, (as opposed to Lady Di) :laugh2:

You're one of my favorites, but knowing that you are in the UK, I don't put a lot of stock in your lack of concern for the associations of the man who is likely to be our next President and men who are on the verge of being terrorists. Having lived my entire life in the U.S., I find it alarming that we are about to elect a man who reveres people like William Ayers and Jeremiah Wright. I'm worried that my country is in serious danger of being eaten from within.

Now, maybe that doesn't concern you, but it scares the hell out of me. I imagine that life will go on despite Senator Obama's plans for a New America, but in what form? I'm not liking what I see at the moment.

God Bless America and the nation from which it won its liberty 232 years ago.

:salute:

Immie

Kathianne
10-14-2008, 09:25 AM

Did I miss one?

Oh yes, I did. Obama.

How can I work him in?

Only top editorial with WSJ, check out google news:

http://news.google.com/news?q=ayers%20obama&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wn

No story?

namvet
10-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Acorn, Obama, Ayers ????

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/STB/P1260~The-Three-Stooges-Posters.jpg