PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid

retiredman
10-14-2008, 12:38 PM
just for my pal yurt....Kefron as seen from the top of Cheops.

Yurt
10-14-2008, 02:07 PM
who took that photo?

and why not post up a thumb to your photo

retiredman
10-14-2008, 02:49 PM
who took that photo?

and why not post up a thumb to your photo

I took the kefron photo. George Casey took this one.

Yurt
10-14-2008, 02:57 PM
compelling and interesting

retiredman
10-14-2008, 03:29 PM
compelling and interesting

compelling? does that mean you have dropped your argument where you doubted that I climbed Cheops?

Yurt
10-14-2008, 04:51 PM
compelling? does that mean you have dropped your argument where you doubted that I climbed Cheops?

no. it is not proof of anything...it is still your word that you took the pictures or casey took that picture of you. i think it is compelling in that both pictures seem at the same time of day and same era of camera quality and both looked scanned, having similar resolution...and that both appear to have a similar angle.

i copy pictures all the time off the internet

and i am curious as to why you didn't post those earlier when i was showing view pictures from the pyramid....you offered zero evidence to counter the pics i posted that showed the angles do not look the same or similar as to your avi....interesting that would now post your pic

and why you are still bringing this up? this whole thing is silly...you go off about stephanie and abbey "maybe" not being women (you knew they were because you only used that word on them and not men) and you now want to prove the validity of your claims by posting pictures on the internet...how "ironic".... to put it nicely

retiredman
10-14-2008, 05:18 PM
no. it is not proof of anything...it is still your word that you took the pictures or casey took that picture of you. i think it is compelling in that both pictures seem at the same time of day and same era of camera quality and both looked scanned, having similar resolution...and that both appear to have a similar angle.

i copy pictures all the time off the internet

and i am curious as to why you didn't post those earlier when i was showing view pictures from the pyramid....you offered zero evidence to counter the pics i posted that showed the angles do not look the same or similar as to your avi....interesting that would now post your pic

and why you are still bringing this up? this whole thing is silly...you go off about stephanie and abbey "maybe" not being women (you knew they were because you only used that word on them and not men) and you now want to prove the validity of your claims by posting pictures on the internet...how "ironic".... to put it nicely

As it turns out, I had never had the picture of kefron scanned until just this week. I had gone to a photo shop to have pictures of my church's stained glass windows scanned for a calendar we are making, and decided to have a stack of old snapshots that I had been keeping scanned at the same time. I have posted two and will probably post some more when I get back home from the deacon's meeting later on this evening, if the Red Sox game does not suck me into watching it.

and I didn't post it as proof...only as something you might find interesting, and to help remove your doubt.

Yurt
10-14-2008, 08:43 PM
you're still an asshole...you haven't changed, and i don't believe those pictures and i don't believe anything you say...you can't debate worth shit, all you have is to make stuff about what other people say and you are such an obsessive little freak of a man you had to bring this up AGAIN

retiredman
10-14-2008, 08:53 PM
you're still an asshole...you haven't changed, and i don't believe those pictures and i don't believe anything you say...you can't debate worth shit, all you have is to make stuff about what other people say and you are such an obsessive little freak of a man you had to bring this up AGAIN

like I said, I just got the scanned images on a CD from the photoshop today and posted them here...not to PROVE anything but to address your doubt. You seem to be dealing with some anger issues this evening... or is it just the booze talking? perhaps not "getting any"? something certainly has you off your game, counselor. You are not usually this easy to rile.:laugh2:

retiredman
10-14-2008, 09:06 PM
mfm strikes a raw nerve and splurt leaves the keyboard to "get some".
time out.... but no great amount of time needed. :lol:

Yurt
10-14-2008, 09:33 PM
you see, that is all you care about, pissing people off, you are not here to debate, you are here to pick fights with all the conservatives and then you bitch and stomp your feet that everybody is picking on me...

:fu:

and stop thinking about me and getting some you closet homo

retiredman
10-14-2008, 10:01 PM
you see, that is all you care about, pissing people off, you are not here to debate, you are here to pick fights with all the conservatives and then you bitch and stomp your feet that everybody is picking on me...

:fu:

and stop thinking about me and getting some you closet homo

I am not trying to pick a fight with you yurt.... you questioned me about my avatar...I posted a picture which I hoped would answer your "doubts". Apparently it has not. You yourself admitted that it was clear that the two pictures had been taken at the same time of day and from the same angle... how do you think I would have come by two such pictures?

retiredman
10-14-2008, 10:36 PM
and I didn't post them from the "internet", I uploaded them from my hard drive... right after I transferred them from the CD that the photoshop gave me this morning!

Yurt
10-14-2008, 10:40 PM
I am not trying to pick a fight with you yurt.... you questioned me about my avatar...I posted a picture which I hoped would answer your "doubts". Apparently it has not. You yourself admitted that it was clear that the two pictures had been taken at the same time of day and from the same angle... how do you think I would have come by two such pictures?

do ever stop lying about what i say? if you are not lying, you had seriously better bone up on your reading comprehension skills...i never said "clear"

got it

Yurt
10-14-2008, 10:40 PM
and I didn't post them from the "internet", I uploaded them from my hard drive... right after I transferred them from the CD that the photoshop gave me this morning!

oh, so you admit you photoshopped them this morning....

see, sucks don't it preacher

retiredman
10-14-2008, 10:44 PM
do ever stop lying about what i say? if you are not lying, you had seriously better bone up on your reading comprehension skills...i never said "clear"

got it

I paraphrased. I didn't put "clear" in quotes, counselor...you said "i think it is compelling in that both pictures seem at the same time of day and same era of camera quality and both looked scanned, having similar resolution...and that both appear to have a similar angle." That is pretty "clear" to me that you found it "compelling" evidence. Can you answer my previous question or not?

retiredman
10-14-2008, 10:48 PM
oh, so you admit you photoshopped them this morning....

see, sucks don't it preacher

no..I picked them up from a photo shop this morning. Elm City Photo in Waterville, Maine....where they were scanned from my snapshots.

moron

Yurt
10-14-2008, 11:12 PM
I paraphrased. I didn't put "clear" in quotes, counselor...you said "i think it is compelling in that both pictures seem at the same time of day and same era of camera quality and both looked scanned, having similar resolution...and that both appear to have a similar angle." That is pretty "clear" to me that you found it "compelling" evidence. Can you answer my previous question or not?

you are such a moron that you think "seems" and "appear" means "clearly"

:lol:

and it was not paraphrasing at all, it is a complete bastardizing of what i said, now bone up on your reading comprehension skills or do not speak to me anymore

Yurt
10-14-2008, 11:14 PM
no..I picked them up from a photo shop this morning. Elm City Photo in Waterville, Maine....where they were scanned from my snapshots.

moron
you're such a nincompoop, you didn't even realize i was making fun of you...

hence...

see, sucks don't it

you know, to have people completely take your words out of context on purpose

manu1959
10-14-2008, 11:15 PM

and it was not paraphrasing at all, it is a complete bastardizing of what i said, now bone up on your reading comprehension skills or do not speak to me anymore

ask him which pyrmid istaller...the one he claims to be standing on or the one he claims to have taken a picture of.......then askhim to explain the perspective......virgil is a liar.....

retiredman
10-14-2008, 11:19 PM
ask him which pyrmid istaller...the one he claims to be standing on or the one he claims to have taken a picture of.......then askhim to explain the perspective......virgil is a liar.....

actually. I am not. I actually climbed Cheops and had my buddy George Casey take my picture holding the american flag with kefron in the background...and then I took a picture of kefron all by myself. I really did. and those two pictures are on this thread.

retiredman
10-14-2008, 11:22 PM

hey...I merely posted the photo that I got in digital format this morning in order to possibly clear up any doubt that you had... but it seems "clear" to me that you had no intention of being rational about it at all. But hey, that's OK. I climbed cheops, and you didn't....and you never will, counselor!:laugh2:

Yurt
10-14-2008, 11:34 PM
hey...I merely posted the photo that I got in digital format this morning in order to possibly clear up any doubt that you had... but it seems "clear" to me that you had no intention of being rational about it at all. But hey, that's OK. I climbed cheops, and you didn't....and you never will, counselor!:laugh2:

liar....i was rational until you completely twisted my words into something i never said....that NOT paraphrasing

then again, there is not point being rational with you...

where are the other pics...you mentioned you were getting more...you only took ONE picture? surely you took other view shots...post up

and like you said...anyone can say anything on the net...

Yurt
10-14-2008, 11:54 PM
if it was sunrise...why is the sun coming up on the left side of the picture and why shadows on the right?

retiredman
10-15-2008, 06:34 AM
if it was sunrise...why is the sun coming up on the left side of the picture and why shadows on the right?
how about: because Cheops is to the northeast of Kefron and the sun rises in the east?

retiredman
10-15-2008, 06:39 AM
liar....i was rational until you completely twisted my words into something i never said....that NOT paraphrasing

then again, there is not point being rational with you...

where are the other pics...you mentioned you were getting more...you only took ONE picture? surely you took other view shots...post up

and like you said...anyone can say anything on the net...
the "other" pics I had digitally scanned were seventeen other photos that represented the best photos artistically or ones that had great meaning to me from my days in the Navy. Only one of those was from the day at Giza... that was the photo of Kefron. In the photo forum is another one from the recently scanned group... a shot of a knox class frigate at sunset in the south china sea, You are welcome to admire that at well.

Yurt
10-15-2008, 09:08 AM
how about: because Cheops is to the northeast of Kefron and the sun rises in the east?

i read a map upside down...

Yurt
10-15-2008, 09:08 AM
the "other" pics I had digitally scanned were seventeen other photos that represented the best photos artistically or ones that had great meaning to me from my days in the Navy. Only one of those was from the day at Giza... that was the photo of Kefron. In the photo forum is another one from the recently scanned group... a shot of a knox class frigate at sunset in the south china sea, You are welcome to admire that at well.

so you only took one photo from the top?

Noir
10-15-2008, 09:56 AM

Lol, well atleast we are sure you are a man :p

retiredman
10-15-2008, 11:20 AM
so you only took one photo from the top?

no...I am sure I took lots, but I didn't save them all. When I came back from one of my deployments overseas, I was visiting with a professional photographer friend of my Dad's and wanted to show him all my snapshots. He said.... no... show me your best ten... and he advised me to only keep the ones that were really well taken, and that really meant a lot... and that is what I did and what I continue to do.

retiredman
10-15-2008, 11:20 AM

so did I clear that up for you?

Sitarro
10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Most Osama supporters proudly display Cuban flags with that shit head mass murderer Che on it, how offensive to your constituents to hold up the American flag.

Yurt
10-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Lol, well atleast we are sure you are a man :p

:laugh2: first time for everything

so did I clear that up for you?

as to the shadows/sunrise, yes i had quickly glanced at an overview map and did not see the small pyramid on the left of the two larger ones and presumed i was looking at cheops/khufu left to right when it actually was khafro on the left and khufu on the right

Yurt
10-15-2008, 12:17 PM
no...I am sure I took lots, but I didn't save them all. When I came back from one of my deployments overseas, I was visiting with a professional photographer friend of my Dad's and wanted to show him all my snapshots. He said.... no... show me your best ten... and he advised me to only keep the ones that were really well taken, and that really meant a lot... and that is what I did and what I continue to do.

strange, but ok

retiredman
10-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Most Osama supporters proudly display Cuban flags with that shit head mass murderer Che on it, how offensive to your constituents to hold up the American flag.

I am not in office. I don't have any "constituents"... and I say "fuck you" to anyone who would take offense to my holding up an American flag.

retiredman
10-15-2008, 12:29 PM
strange, but ok

what's strange about it? I would have a mountain of snapshots curling at the edges and taking up space if I kept them all. The pictures that are well taken or that mean something special to me, I have kept. I am sure I took several pictures of Kefron while up there, but the one I saved was the best one.

Sitarro
10-15-2008, 12:35 PM
I am not in office. I don't have any "constituents"... and I say "fuck you" to anyone who would take offense to my holding up an American flag.

Main Entry:

con·stit·u·ent

1 : one who authorizes another to act as agent : principal
2 : a member of a constituency
3 : an essential part : component , element
4 : a structural unit of a definable syntactic, semantic, or phonological category that consists of one or more linguistic elements (as words, morphemes, or features) and that can occur as a component of a larger construction

OK, your fellow Dimocrats, your "flock", the people you pal around with criticizing our President and our Country merely because they are Republican.

retiredman
10-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Main Entry:

con·stit·u·ent

1 : one who authorizes another to act as agent : principal
2 : a member of a constituency
3 : an essential part : component , element
4 : a structural unit of a definable syntactic, semantic, or phonological category that consists of one or more linguistic elements (as words, morphemes, or features) and that can occur as a component of a larger construction

OK, your fellow Dimocrats, your "flock", the people you pal around with criticizing our President and our Country merely because they are Republican.

My statement stands. YOU said YOUR constituents and I do not have any. I AM a constituent, as you are. And my other statement stands as well. Anyone who would criticize my proudly holding up and American flag can fuck off. ANd I do NOT criticize our president merely because he is a republican. I criticize him because I vehemently disagree with his conduct of foreign policy. I love my country and want America to be the best it can be. When I feel it is being led astray, I speak up. I am surprised that you would suggest that such active participation was less than patriotic.

Sitarro
10-15-2008, 01:11 PM
My statement stands. YOU said YOUR constituents and I do not have any. I AM a constituent, as you are. And my other statement stands as well. Anyone who would criticize my proudly holding up and American flag can fuck off. ANd I do NOT criticize our president merely because he is a republican. I criticize him because I vehemently disagree with his conduct of foreign policy. I love my country and want America to be the best it can be. When I feel it is being led astray, I speak up. I am surprised that you would suggest that such active participation was less than patriotic.

Did you actively participate in criticizing your President Clinton when he sent the military to Haiti, Somalia, Iraq, Sudan, Afghanistan, etc.? I didn't think so.

Immanuel
10-15-2008, 01:23 PM
I love my country and want America to be the best it can be. When I feel it is being led astray, I speak up. I am surprised that you would suggest that such active participation was less than patriotic.

Is it true that you are headed for Mexico?

I don't understand why someone who loves his country would want to leave it. What gives?

Immie

Yurt
10-15-2008, 01:49 PM
what's strange about it? I would have a mountain of snapshots curling at the edges and taking up space if I kept them all. The pictures that are well taken or that mean something special to me, I have kept. I am sure I took several pictures of Kefron while up there, but the one I saved was the best one.

nearly everyone i know who has engaged on an incredible journey keeps their pics....my mom still has pics from the late 70's in a cardboard box...we just pulled out two christmas's ago and had a great time...

if i climbed a pyramid, i would keep all my pictures and it is quite easy to keep pictures, very, very easy, so it is not true the pictures would be curling or taking up space...photo albums hold pictures very well...in fact, a few years ago i looked through my grandparents photo albums, simply kept on a book shelf, a couple in the garage...and some pics were from the early 60's....they looked fine...ordinary photo album from the 80's...

but it is only aneccdotal evidence, i am not an expert nor do know everyone's habit, it is strange because i personally can't believe that you think those pictures would be ruined...hell, i still have pictures from the marshall islands from 95 in a tin can that look nearly new and they spent a good portion of a year in a plastic box in the marshall islands

you follow me?

retiredman
10-15-2008, 02:32 PM
nearly everyone i know who has engaged on an incredible journey keeps their pics....my mom still has pics from the late 70's in a cardboard box...we just pulled out two christmas's ago and had a great time...

if i climbed a pyramid, i would keep all my pictures and it is quite easy to keep pictures, very, very easy, so it is not true the pictures would be curling or taking up space...photo albums hold pictures very well...in fact, a few years ago i looked through my grandparents photo albums, simply kept on a book shelf, a couple in the garage...and some pics were from the early 60's....they looked fine...ordinary photo album from the 80's...

but it is only aneccdotal evidence, i am not an expert nor do know everyone's habit, it is strange because i personally can't believe that you think those pictures would be ruined...hell, i still have pictures from the marshall islands from 95 in a tin can that look nearly new and they spent a good portion of a year in a plastic box in the marshall islands

you follow me?

I never said they are ruined...and I quite honestly may still have them in their original sleeves from the developer somewhere in some sea bag in some far flung corner of my attic. I just always used to pull my favorites out of packages of developed film and set them aside and they were the only ones I really kept track of. Now that I have a digital camera, there is no need to even utilize that process. I understand what you are saying, however. I just chose not to be a hoarder of too many things in my life. I saved the best picture of me on top of Cheops and I saved the best picture that I took of Kefron from that vantage. Any others were superfluous. Casey did take another one of me leaning on the statue outside the Cairo museum, but I did not have that one digitized.