PDA

View Full Version : John McCain

randyjohnson
10-15-2008, 07:13 PM
John McCain plans to give the oil companies a huge tax break. He plans to give other rich people tax breaks too. Barack Obama plans to give tax breaks to the poor. The poor need the tax breaks. Not the rich.

Sarah Palin unlawfully fired a man because he refuded to fire her ex brother-in-law as a state trooper. She abused her power and that's not a good quality for a potential Vice President to have.

Many people have lost their jobs because of this recession. If McCain wins, the recession will most likely continue and many more people will lose their jobs. You may or may not agree that McCain isn't a good choice. If you disagree and later have to go to the unemployment office, you will agree.

Obama wants to end the war. McCain wants to continue the war. Do you want this war to drag on for the next four to eight years? No, I don't believe that you do. Do you want to turn on your television and hear about more of our soldiers dying? No, you don't. A vote for McCain is a vote to continue the war and the recession.

jimnyc
10-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Sarah Palin unlawfully fired a man because he refuded to fire her ex brother-in-law as a state trooper.

Really? Can you tell us which law that was that she broke, and why no charges are pending against her?

Gaffer
10-15-2008, 07:16 PM
:trolls:

The poor don't need tax breaks because they don't pay taxes.

Mr. P
10-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Another MORON. :laugh2:

MtnBiker
10-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Barack Obama plans to give tax breaks to the poor. The poor need the tax breaks. Not the rich.

Hey Randy, are you capable of answering a question or do you just spew idiotic ill informed ramblings?

hjmick
10-15-2008, 07:28 PM
The poor do not need tax breaks, they don't pay taxes.

Mr. P
10-15-2008, 07:34 PM
The poor do not need tax breaks, they don't pay taxes.

The sad thing is they don't know that...sadder is others can convince them they're getting screwed.

AFbombloader
10-15-2008, 08:25 PM
John McCain plans to give the oil companies a huge tax break. He plans to give other rich people tax breaks too. Barack Obama plans to give tax breaks to the poor. The poor need the tax breaks. Not the rich.

Sarah Palin unlawfully fired a man because he refuded to fire her ex brother-in-law as a state trooper. She abused her power and that's not a good quality for a potential Vice President to have.

Many people have lost their jobs because of this recession. If McCain wins, the recession will most likely continue and many more people will lose their jobs. You may or may not agree that McCain isn't a good choice. If you disagree and later have to go to the unemployment office, you will agree.

Obama wants to end the war. McCain wants to continue the war. Do you want this war to drag on for the next four to eight years? No, I don't believe that you do. Do you want to turn on your television and hear about more of our soldiers dying? No, you don't. A vote for McCain is a vote to continue the war and the recession.

:link::link::link::link:

LiberalNation
10-15-2008, 08:38 PM
The sad thing is they don't know that...sadder is others can convince them they're getting screwed.

I don't know, everytime I fill up my tank with gas or buy nearly anything the reciept always has a line called tax, a tax you must pay to get your product.

Mr. P
10-15-2008, 08:50 PM
I don't know, everytime I fill up my tank with gas or buy nearly anything the reciept always has a line called tax, a tax you must pay to get your product.

That's NOT income tax, kid.

LiberalNation
10-15-2008, 08:51 PM
No but ya'll said and I quote, the poor don't pay "taxes". Not the poor don't pay income tax. You don't get that money back if you don't file a tax return either so you could still pay.

hjmick
10-15-2008, 09:06 PM

Alright ya goof. You take two months off and decide to come in here and mince words? Sheesh! The topic was Obama's intention to cut taxes for the poor. Now we all know that he ain't talking about sales taxes or state taxes.

How ya been LN?

manu1959
10-15-2008, 09:07 PM

who employes more people ... oil companies or the poor....

mccain tried to stop the housing bubble.....

obama simply wants to move the war to the mountains of afganistan....now there is a good idea......it worked out so well for the british french and russians....

manu1959
10-15-2008, 09:08 PM
No but ya'll said and I quote, the poor don't pay "taxes". Not the poor don't pay income tax. You don't get that money back if you don't file a tax return either so you could still pay.

why do the poor pay the same sales tax as the rich....shouldn't the rich pay more sales tax.....

Mr. P
10-15-2008, 09:12 PM

Catch up LN this is all about income tax. The poor don't pay any income tax.

LiberalNation
10-15-2008, 09:15 PM
why do the poor pay the same sales tax as the rich....shouldn't the rich pay more sales tax.....
Hey I'd be happy to see it if it was possible but since it's not we'll just have to accept them paying more $ on "rich" items out of reach to the poor.

manu1959
10-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Hey I'd be happy to see it if it was possible but since it's not we'll just have to accept them paying more $ on "rich" items out of reach to the poor.

why should income tax be the same for everyone....since as you say the porr pay no tax.....

the rich guys get all the loop holes....

what if the tax code said for :

every dollar you make you get to keep 75 cents and the gov get 25 cents....

LiberalNation
10-15-2008, 09:24 PM
No one wants a 25% across the board tax. It's to simply, no easy way to get around it or help those who can't afford it. You'll never see a flat tax or any of the more simply proposals.

manu1959
10-15-2008, 09:30 PM
No one wants a 25% across the board tax. It's to simply, no easy way to get around it or help those who can't afford it. You'll never see a flat tax or any of the more simply proposals.

sales tax is flat and fair accross the board and somehow everyonegot over it.....

LiberalNation
10-15-2008, 09:33 PM
sales tax is flat and fair accross the board and somehow everyonegot over it.....Only because there's no easy way to do it otherwise. You can't do an income estimate on everyone before they buy anything.

5stringJeff
10-15-2008, 09:33 PM

Regardless, it's the most equitable way to levy an income tax, though I'd set the percentage at about 15%.

manu1959
10-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Only because there's no easy way to do it otherwise. You can't do an income estimate on everyone before they buy anything.

sure you can....encode your id with your income......

mundame
10-15-2008, 09:47 PM
obama simply wants to move the war to the mountains of afganistan....now there is a good idea......it worked out so well for the british french and russians....

.....and George Bush..... http://bestsmileys.com/sad/5.gif

mundame
10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
sure you can....encode your id with your income......

Wow. Very modern. You've probably got something there with that idea.

I don't say I LIKE it --- I am opposed to progressive taxes. I just say it's a very creative idea.

manu1959
10-15-2008, 09:50 PM
.....and George Bush..... http://bestsmileys.com/sad/5.gif

bush moved the war from the mountians of afganistan to the cites and desert of iraq.....

brilliant military strategy.....

mundame
10-15-2008, 09:54 PM
bush moved the war from the mountians of afganistan to the cites and desert of iraq.....

brilliant military strategy.....

Hey, now he's got Iran boxed in, see! All he has to do now is fight a nuclear war with Iran and then there is one thousand-mile battlefield from Syria through Pakistan to the sea.

Oh, heck, let's just throw in Syria, too. Nobody likes them.

manu1959
10-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey, now he's got Iran boxed in, see! All he has to do now is fight a nuclear war with Iran and then there is one thousand-mile battlefield from Syria through Pakistan to the sea.

Oh, heck, let's just throw in Syria, too. Nobody likes them.

israel will nuke iran....syria is a non issue....i can't wait for obama's first speech after his first national security briefing.....the spin will be unbelievable.....

Mr. P
10-15-2008, 10:48 PM
israel will nuke iran....syria is a non issue....i can't wait for obama's first speech after his first national security briefing.....the spin will be unbelievable.....

same here..and the back peddling over the 95% of folks getting a tax cut but now it MUST be a tax raise, will be priceless.

10-15-2008, 10:56 PM

And Barrack Obama has promised to increase that line. smart move supporting him.

LiberalNation
10-15-2008, 10:58 PM
proof. Taxes are a necessary evil. That huge republican made deficit could really use some paying down.

Mr. P
10-15-2008, 11:27 PM
proof. Taxes are a necessary evil. That huge republican made deficit could really use some paying down.

Yes and yes...the question is how? Considering the new health care plans that will need funded along with all the other planned great social spending programs, do ya think it can be done with 95% of tax payers getting a cut? If so, yer hopeless.

It's like you saying: next month I'm only going to deposit $1000 in the bank, but I plan to spend $2000. That'll work well don't ya think?

retiredman
10-15-2008, 11:33 PM

I agree.

10-16-2008, 12:14 AM

I agree. a 3% across the board tax would be more than enough.

manu1959
10-16-2008, 10:56 AM
I agree.

they do...they buy more stuff and more expensive stuff.....so they employ more people through their purchases and contibute more tax to the govt coffers....

crin63
10-16-2008, 11:08 AM
same here..and the back peddling over the 95% of folks getting a tax cut but now it MUST be a tax raise, will be priceless.

It will be the Republicans fault that he cant keep his promises. He won't accept any blame or fault of his own.

A sales tax or other indirect tax is fine with me. It will never happen though. There is to much power to be had through the IRS and other federal jobs.