PDA

View Full Version : Why do we need Obama

MtnBiker
10-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Why do we need Obama to spread wealth around?

I understand the need to collect taxes, there are essential government expenditures to operate the country. This is not an arguement on taxes or which tax system would be best, rather an arguement on Obama's desire and more importantly his desicion on how wealth should be spread around.

So why do we need Obama to spread wealth around?

Joe the plumber like many other small business owners and average people are quite concerned about this. They strive for success and aquire some wealth through a lifes work, but not at the expense of a politician to spread that hard earned wealth around. Actually Joe and everyone like him can spread wealth around all on there own and make the decisions for themselves on how the spread around wealth. Be it buying appliances for his home, tires for his vehicles, braces for his kid or investments that help raise capital for other businesses. We don't need Obama deciding on how wealth is spread around.

Immanuel
10-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Exactly.

If the country needed to increase taxes in order to meet its needs, I'd be all for it. I'm all for helping the needy when help is actually given. I have no problem with the ideas (not the way the programs are being run) behind Welfare, Social Security etc. as the reasons for the programs are good. I'm all for the necessary expenditures of the government. I have nothing against taxes per se.

I simply do not believe that the government spends its money efficiently and Barack Obama wants to add to those inefficiencies.

My problem with Senator Obama is not the fact that he is promising to raise taxes but rather what he wants to do with those additional taxes.

Heck, he could vow to lower taxes for everyone, but if he still promised to socialize the country, I'd still be against him.

It is what he wants to do with those taxes that I believe is philosophically wrong and why I don't want him to lead our country.

Immie

10-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Apparently government knows what to do with our money better than we do.

MtnBiker
10-16-2008, 02:51 PM
I simply do not believe that the government spends its money efficiently and Barack Obama wants to add to those inefficiencies.

That's right Immie, government both Democrat run or Republican run spends money inefficienlty. Just the very nature of wealth being filtered through the government is inefficient, wealth distributed through people acting freely and without interference from the government is much better. Why do we need Obama to restrict our freedoms?

Why do we need Obama to spread wealth?

manu1959
10-16-2008, 03:21 PM
That's right Immie, government both Democrat run or Republican run spends money inefficienlty. Just the very nature of wealth being filtered through the government is inefficient, wealth distributed through people acting freely and without interference from the government is much better. Why do we need Obama to restrict our freedoms?

Why do we need Obama to spread wealth?

exactly .... cut my taxes and i will:

invest in my business, hire staff and expand i will also hire a gardner, a house keeper, a pool boy and buy stuff.....

rasie my taxes and i will:

fire all the help and contract my business ....

MtnBiker
10-16-2008, 03:38 PM
exactly .... cut my taxes and i will:

invest in my business, hire staff and expand i will also hire a gardner, a house keeper, a pool boy and buy stuff.....

rasie my taxes and i will:

I know business owners that are already considering reducing staff because of the minimum wage increase.

Immanuel
10-16-2008, 03:39 PM
raise my taxes and i will:

Which is exactly what Senator Obama wants you to do. The more unemployed individuals who end up on Welfare... the more votes for Democrats the next time around.

If you do what you say, you are playing into the Democrats hands.

Immie

MtnBiker
10-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Which is exactly what Senator Obama wants you to do. The more unemployed individuals who end up on Welfare... the more votes for Democrats the next time around.

If you do what you say, you are playing into the Democrats hands.

Immie

It is unforunate that some people do not realize that they can accomplish much more without government interference.