PDA

View Full Version : McCain's Slip.."Senator Government" lol

eighballsidepocket
10-16-2008, 06:39 PM
When Sen. McCain had that Freudian slip, and addressed Senator Obama as "Senator Government", I about fell out of my chair.

I couldn't have chose a better moniker for Senator Obama if I was in the Mensa Society.

It was a "hoot". Me and my wife both just couldn't stop laughing.

Kathianne
10-16-2008, 06:51 PM
When Sen. McCain had that Freudian slip, and addressed Senator Obama as "Senator Government", I about fell out of my chair.

I couldn't have chose a better moniker for Senator Obama if I was in the Mensa Society.

It was a "hoot". Me and my wife both just couldn't stop laughing.

I agree. Classic and apropos.

I also liked when McCain said, 'stop, this guy is a wordsmith. Notice he said he'd 'look' at this, not really consider it.' Obama made it sound like it he'd really consider something, he had no intention of doing so.

I think McCain should have hammered home even more that he's not Bush, and Obama has been running against Bush.

Last tag, I think he should have made clear that Obama's 'health care choices' all inevitably come down to government health care and responded to Obama's misleading ads about his own.

10-17-2008, 01:27 PM
I loved it too. Its an appropriate name.

Course i wasnt really watching the debate that much. The National League Championship was on. Thats much more important right now.

Little-Acorn
10-17-2008, 02:05 PM

He called Obama that, because "Senator Welfare" was already taken.

eighballsidepocket
10-17-2008, 02:07 PM
He called Obama that, because "Senator Welfare" was already taken.

If I had to make one up for Sen. McCain, it would be
Senator "Too Polite"....