PDA

View Full Version : McCain support continues to evaporate

gabosaurus
10-17-2008, 12:26 PM
McCain could become the Republican Michael Dukakis before all the votes are counted.

http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-souring-on-mccain

Trigg
10-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Well gabby your right, in your own mind.

The polls, however, disagree with you.

gabosaurus
10-17-2008, 12:29 PM
The only numbers I ever believe are those that are counted on election day.

stephanie
10-17-2008, 12:31 PM
:lol:and you could be in for ANOTHER SHOCKER...

how sweet that would be...:laugh2:

BoogyMan
10-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Trolly Moley Gabbo, where do you come with this stuff?

The polls show you to be wrong.

This will likely be a tight race, but I understand the new voting blocks among the deceased and fictional characters will deliver the election to Obama.

Trigg
10-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Well then maybe you should lay off the articles that quote polls. :lame2:

PostmodernProphet
10-17-2008, 12:33 PM
I find this report puzzling given that the RealClearPolitics numbers show Obama's lead declining, particularly in the swing states....

Trigg
10-17-2008, 12:34 PM
I find this report puzzling given that the RealClearPolitics numbers show Obama's lead declining, particularly in the swing states....

Apparently gabby doesn't look at polls.

Unless they're quoted in an article that slams McCain. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
10-17-2008, 12:35 PM
It wasn't the numbers quoted that I was interested in. It was the mood of thinking GOP voters who have begun to realize that the McCain-Palin ticket is destined to go down in flames.

Trigg
10-17-2008, 12:42 PM
It wasn't the numbers quoted that I was interested in. It was the mood of thinking GOP voters who have begun to realize that the McCain-Palin ticket is destined to go down in flames.

So..they're "thinking GOP voters" because they've started to change their minds about McCain. The rest are still stupid racists because they're against Obama. HOW TYPICAL OF YOU

The fact remains, you don't believe in polls, unless they back up your beliefs.:lame2:

red states rule
10-17-2008, 12:44 PM
So..they're "thinking GOP voters" because they've started to change their minds about McCain. The rest are still stupid racists because they're against Obama. HOW TYPICAL OF YOU

The fact remains, you don't believe in polls, unless they back up your beliefs.:lame2:

Gabby must have missed or ignored this. It is a 2 point race in this poll

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=18764

retiredman
10-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Have you folks checked out Real Clear Politics... which USED to be THE favorite spot for one of the rightwing koolaid brigade on here???

Obama's leads in VA by over 8 pts. He leads in FL by nearly 5 pts....and he is even leading in NC!!!

RCP has seven states listed as tossups: NV, MO, IN, OH, WV, NC, FL...and Obama is leading in FIVE of them...

but even IF McCain were able to win all seven, he'd STILL lose the electoral college 286-252.

I am impressed by the brave face all you rightwingnuts are putting on, but you gotta be privately admitting that you've lost this one and lost it big.

A democratic president with long coattails and 60 democratic senators. We could repeal the terrible Bush policies before the snow melted next spring! And Stevens and Gisnburg could retire and KNOW that young liberal justices would take their place. My hope is that Obama picks Hillary for one of those supreme court spots!

Yurt
10-17-2008, 01:03 PM
The only numbers I ever believe are those that are counted on election day.

so then you don't believe what you posted...do you take it back?

red states rule
10-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Have you folks checked out Real Clear Politics... which USED to be THE favorite spot for one of the rightwing koolaid brigade on here???

Obama's leads in VA by over 8 pts. He leads in FL by nearly 5 pts....and he is even leading in NC!!!

RCP has seven states listed as tossups: NV, MO, IN, OH, WV, NC, FL...and Obama is leading in FIVE of them...

but even IF McCain were able to win all seven, he'd STILL lose the electoral college 286-252.

I am impressed by the brave face all you rightwingnuts are putting on, but you gotta be privately admitting that you've lost this one and lost it big.

A democratic president with long coattails and 60 democratic senators. We could repeal the terrible Bush policies before the snow melted next spring! And Stevens and Gisnburg could retire and KNOW that young liberal justices would take their place. My hope is that Obama picks Hillary for one of those supreme court spots!

Have you failed to see polls closing - some as little the 2 points?

We still have 18 days to go, and Obama saying he wants to redistribute wealth will not help him

Maybe you think more people want to work hard and have the wealth taken away from them and given to others - I feel otherwise.

Time will tell

10-17-2008, 01:25 PM
yet there are more McCain signs then ever and Obama is trying to make ridiculous attacks that have been discredited decades ago.

retiredman
10-17-2008, 01:35 PM
yet there are more McCain signs then ever and Obama is trying to make ridiculous attacks that have been discredited decades ago.

your undaunted optimism in the face of the realities in the tossup states is laudable. The electoral map is beyond bleak for McCain but you keep counting signs! Good for you! Bravo!!:clap:

red states rule
10-17-2008, 01:37 PM
your undaunted optimism in the face of the realities in the tossup states is laudable. The electoral map is beyond bleak for McCain but you keep counting signs! Good for you! Bravo!!:clap:

Why do I suspect you said the same thing about Kerry?

and about Gore

retiredman
10-17-2008, 01:48 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/17/red.states/index.html

ouch!

:lol:

Yurt
10-17-2008, 02:09 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/17/red.states/index.html

ouch!

:lol:

big deal, mccain is a weak candidate and obama should be much farther ahead in the polls than he is...however, he is not more centrist like clinton, he far to the left and it is hurting him...i do not believe you will get your dream of long coat tails

GW in Ohio
10-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Have you failed to see polls closing - some as little the 2 points?

We still have 18 days to go, and Obama saying he wants to redistribute wealth will not help him

Maybe you think more people want to work hard and have the wealth taken away from them and given to others - I feel otherwise.

Time will tell

Guys....right-wing friends.....

You can delude yourselves all you want to, and indeed, it seems that's all you've got going for you now...delusions....faint hopes and pipe dreams.

The reality is, McCain is not the kind of candidate who will generate a 4th quarter rally (to use a football analogy). His policies are muddled and he can't explain them clearly. He's tied to the Bush legacy, which is enough to sink him right there.

The Republican base isn't excited by him. Many Republicans who will vote for him will do so while holding their noses.

He's not the kind of guy who generates excitement among independents and undecideds. He's a grumpy, jowly old guy who goes around flailing desperately, changing his tactics from day to day.

And the Acorn and Ayers crap that McCain and Palin are slinging around isn't generating anything but resentment. The voters want to hear about how McCain is going to rescue the economy, but all they're hearing is this Ayers and Acorn crapola. Nobody cares, outside of the dittohead community.

McCain is not a closer; he's a loser. But by all means persist with your GOP fantasies. I know they're all you have.

10-17-2008, 03:15 PM

Ive said before, Im in a swing county thats supposed to be heavy Democratic and I am finding nothing but McCain signs. I am highly skeptical that the polls are correct simply because I am on the ground.

So believe what you want, but people who are confident in winning dont waste their times trying to cheat.

Yurt
10-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Ive said before, Im in a swing county thats supposed to be heavy Democratic and I am finding nothing but McCain signs. I am highly skeptical that the polls are correct simply because I am on the ground.

So believe what you want, but people who are confident in winning dont waste their times trying to cheat.

:clap:

i've been thinking this same thing...if obama is such a shoe in, why is an organization, that obama has close ties to, involved in cheating, in not one state, not two states , not three states, not even four states, but over a dozen states...

retiredman
10-17-2008, 05:24 PM

people who want to secure a landslide will do everything they can to do so.

Like I said in the Signs thread, Obama signs have been disappearing throughout my city for weeks. I had two stolen from my yard in that time. I finally had to place my third one behind my fence so that republican thugs would not come along and steal it too.

NOBODY ought to be "confident" about winning anything but, instead, press hard right up until the polls close on 11/4.