PDA

View Full Version : McCain's political hypocrisy

gabosaurus
10-17-2008, 02:02 PM
During the 2000 Republican primaries, Karl Rove launched some viciously personal ads against John McCain. While the fight was dirty on both sides, many felt the Rove ads helped tip the scales in favor of G.W. Bush.
McCain himself felt such. He later stated that "there is a special place in hell for people like Karl Rove."

So who is directly McCain's current smear campaign against Obama? The same Karl Rove.
I suppose the shit doesn't fall far from the GOP tree.

Yurt
10-17-2008, 02:05 PM
what smear? provide evidence that mccain has smeared and not merely talked about true issues that should be addressed. you are smearing him btw...bravo, par for the course for libs

Immanuel
10-17-2008, 02:17 PM
what smear? provide evidence that mccain has smeared and not merely talked about true issues that should be addressed. you are smearing him btw...bravo, par for the course for libs

Sorry, but you are missing a very important piece to this puzzle. Nothing liberals say can possibly be a smear against any human being. Only conservatives smear just as only whites can be racist.

Get with the program Yurt! :laugh2:

Immie

hjmick
10-17-2008, 02:28 PM

Why do you bother, Yurt? In case you hadn't noticed, Gabs has evolved into a hit and run poster. Odds are, she will not respond to you. Her recent pattern has been to post a topic, hoping conservatives will find it inflammatory, then she retreats, never to be seen in the thread again. Occasionally she will respond, but the response is usually a reference to the person being in denial, a racist, delusional, or stupid.

It's sad, really. There was a time I enjoyed engaging in discussion with Gabs, I even liked her online persona, but this recent change in her style leaves me thinking her threads should be left to shrivel and die on the vine.

Oh, and Immie, it's White conservatives that are racists, not Whites in general.

Yurt
10-17-2008, 02:32 PM
it's friday, i'm bored

and i guess i tend to be an optimist about people, but the overwhelming evidence points to gabs being exactly as you say

Immanuel
10-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Oh, and Immie, it's White conservatives that are racists, not Whites in general.

Not according to the University of Delaware. But, also, I didn't say "ALL" whites just that no one else can be counted in that number.

Immie

10-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Is the truth a smear?

Ravenskeep
10-17-2008, 03:32 PM
There must be a special place in Hell for rumormongers.

Not a significant difference, but a difference.

Yurt
10-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Is the truth a smear?

only when a conservative tells it

gabosaurus
10-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Why do you bother, Yurt? In case you hadn't noticed, Gabs has evolved into a hit and run poster. Odds are, she will not respond to you. Her recent pattern has been to post a topic, hoping conservatives will find it inflammatory, then she retreats, never to be seen in the thread again. Occasionally she will respond, but the response is usually a reference to the person being in denial, a racist, delusional, or stupid.

It's sad, really. There was a time I enjoyed engaging in discussion with Gabs, I even liked her online persona, but this recent change in her style leaves me thinking her threads should be left to shrivel and die on the vine.

Hit and run poster? WTF? Unlike many posters on this board, I have a job and responsibilities. I can't sit here all day responding to your idiocies.

Not that arguing with you makes any sense. What is the use of debating people who have already made up their mind about everything? I already know what kind of responses that I am going to get.
Just because I throw meat to the dogs doesn't mean I have to watch them eat it.

Yurt
10-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Hit and run poster? WTF? Unlike many posters on this board, I have a job and responsibilities. I can't sit here all day responding to your idiocies.

Not that arguing with you makes any sense. What is the use of debating people who have already made up their mind about everything? I already know what kind of responses that I am going to get.

:lol:

it is not about your attendance dear gabs.....it is about you spouting stuff and then never replying back to it. as if we are all jobless.....thank you obama snob

surely you know that

stephanie
10-17-2008, 07:48 PM

If you think so lowly of everyone here, why do you come here??

isn't the dailykos and hufferpost enough for your jollies.

Gaffer
10-17-2008, 07:50 PM

She just comes here to show off her ignorance.

hjmick
10-17-2008, 09:05 PM

Like you're the only one? I have a job, the same one for the last twenty five years. Five days a week for twenty five years. You've been working for how long? I have responsibilities. I've had responsibilities for twenty six years. Whoopdee do! Welcome to adulthood, Gabs. If you're going to attempt engage in some sort of discourse, at least hve the nerve to stand up for your beliefs and your opinions.

:lol:

it is not about your attendance dear gabs.....it is about you spouting stuff and then never replying back to it. as if we are all jobless.....thank you obama snob

surely you know that

Exfuckingzactly.

Brilliant question. She finds everyone so contemptible, yet she keeps coming back. Go figure.

10-18-2008, 01:30 AM
During the 2000 Republican primaries, Karl Rove launched some viciously personal ads against John McCain. While the fight was dirty on both sides, many felt the Rove ads helped tip the scales in favor of G.W. Bush.
McCain himself felt such. He later stated that "there is a special place in hell for people like Karl Rove."

So who is directly McCain's current smear campaign against Obama? The same Karl Rove.
I suppose the shit doesn't fall far from the GOP tree.

BTW a smear requires something to be untrue and unsubstantiated. Where has McCain used either?