PDA

View Full Version : Warning: PWI

hjmick
10-17-2008, 08:56 PM
I am drunk, depressed, and angry. I will take no responsibility for any of my transgressions for the next...oh...I don't know...let's say eight hours.

Thank you, move along...

manu1959
10-17-2008, 08:59 PM
I am drunk, depressed, and angry. I will take no responsibility for any of my transgressions for the next...oh...I don't know...let's say eight hours.

Thank you, move along...

whats up dude....

hjmick
10-17-2008, 09:07 PM
The corporate behemoth that bought the company I work for asked for proof of my Dad's death today. As I'd fucking lie about something like that. Fuck them. Assholes.

manu1959
10-17-2008, 09:11 PM
The corporate behemoth that bought the company I work for asked for proof of my Dad's death today. As I'd fucking lie about something like that. Fuck them. Assholes.

why do the need something like that......

Mr. P
10-17-2008, 09:11 PM

Why they do that?

hjmick
10-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Why they do that?

"For their records" is the official explanation. WTF? It doesn't need to be in their God damned records. Personally, I think it's because I took three whole days bereavement leave and they want proof. Which brings me back to, why the hell would a person lie about something like that? I'd give anything to have him back and these pricks want proof. Maybe I'll mail them some ashes.

manu1959
10-17-2008, 09:19 PM
"For their records" is the official explanation. WTF? It doesn't need to be in their God damned records. Personally, I think it's because I took three whole days bereavement leave and they want proof. Which brings me back to, why the hell would a person lie about something like that? I'd give anything to have him back and these pricks want proof. Maybe I'll mail them some ashes.

my wife did that .... she brought in a baggy and dopped it on the hr c&$%'s desk along with a copy of the death certificate....

hjmick
10-17-2008, 09:20 PM
my wife did that .... she brought in a baggy and dopped it on the hr c&$%'s desk along with a copy of the death certificate....

Works for me! I applaud your wife, she has my utmost respect.

LiberalNation
10-17-2008, 09:22 PM
People have lied about family deaths for time off and benfits before. You really can't blame, trusting in peoples intergrity and honesty hasn't always turned out so well.

hjmick
10-17-2008, 09:25 PM
People have lied about family deaths for time off and benfits before. You really can't blame, trusting in peoples intergrity and honesty hasn't always turned out so well.

I have worked for this place for twenty five years, LN. Twenty five. I have never taken bereavement leave, my time off has, until seven weeks ago, been restricted to sick time and vacation time. Even when my grandparents died the time I took to go back home was vacation. Twenty five years of dedicated service should buy some consideration.

manu1959
10-17-2008, 09:29 PM
I have worked for this place for twenty five years, LN. Twenty five. I have never taken bereavement leave, my time off has, until seven weeks ago, been restricted to sick time and vacation time. Even when my grandparents died the time I took to go back home was vacation. Twenty five years of dedicated service should buy some consideration.

people don't give a shit.....loyalty and respect are a thing of the past.....as for trust.....forget it.....

Mr. P
10-17-2008, 09:40 PM

people don't give a shit.....loyalty and respect are a thing of the past.....as for trust.....forget it.....

What he said, mick. I've had the same problem...makes me sick I gave 100% for 10 years to then be questioned and in the end laid off. There is no company loyalty to employees anymore. Sad but true.

hjmick
10-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Which is why I need to buy a bar in a small town in a state that doesn't end in -ia.

LiberalNation
10-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Don't come here, a lot of small towns in Kentucky are dry including the one I'm living in now. Not that that matters so much when your under 21. My parents both work for pretty good companies. People and bosses from them sent flowers and made an apearence at my gandparents funerals.

dan
10-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Which is why I need to buy a bar in a small town in a state that doesn't end in -ia.

Hey, whaddaya got against Georgia? If there's anything that'll succeed there, it's a bar! :D

Yurt
10-18-2008, 01:44 AM
any chance you want a weekend away and come to slo? we have some of the best state parks in all of california here. i'll treat you to some great mexican food.

all i can offer for now

Abbey Marie
10-18-2008, 07:46 AM

Some soul-less jerk in HR thought it would be a good idea to have this policy in place. It probably gave him/her something to put on their self-performance review. Don't take it personally, Mick. I am sure it has nothing to do with you specifically.

hjmick
10-18-2008, 12:07 PM
any chance you want a weekend away and come to slo? we have some of the best state parks in all of california here. i'll treat you to some great mexican food.

all i can offer for now

Thanks Yurt, I appreciate that.

Some soul-less jerk in HR thought it would be a good idea to have this policy in place. It probably gave him/her something to put on their self-performance review. Don't take it personally, Mick. I am sure it has nothing to do with you specifically.

I know you're right, I guess I just didn't realize just how fresh the wounds still are, even seven weeks down the road. Add to that the old fashioned ideas I have about loyalty and service... You get the picture.