PDA

View Full Version : Washington Post endorses Obama for president

stephanie
10-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Well now..this is a SHOCKER:rolleyes:

Thu Oct 16, 11:09 pm ET
Featured Topics: John McCain Barack Obama Reuters – Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) arrives at the 2008 Alfred E. Smith dinner …
Slideshow: Sen. Barack Obama Play Video Video: Obama, McCain on GOP turf Reuters Play Video Video: Candidate signs disappear in Crosby 11 News Houston WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Democrat Barack Obama won the endorsement of The Washington Post in an editorial saying the Illinois senator "has the potential to become a great president."

The newspaper said its choice was made easy in part by the "disappointing campaign" of Republican candidate John McCain and his decision to pick Sarah Palin, the governor of Alaska, as his vice presidential running mate for the November 4 election.

"It is made easy in larger part, though, because of our admiration for Mr. Obama and the impressive qualities he has shown during this long race," the Post said in the editorial for its Friday editions published on its website on Thursday night.

The paper, which endorsed Democrats in the two previous presidential elections, praised Obama as a "man of supple intelligence, with a nuanced grasp of complex issues and evident skill at conciliation and consensus-building."

It said Obama also has a sophisticated understanding of the world and America's place in it and that he was committed to maintaining U.S. leadership.

In endorsing Obama, the Post said a McCain presidency would not equal four more years of Bush administration policies. But the paper said McCain would draw on many of the same policymakers who have brought the country to its current state.

"We believe they have richly earned, and might even benefit from, some years in the political wilderness," the editorial said.

If you care to read the rest of this love fest..
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_usa_politics_obama_post

retiredman
10-17-2008, 09:44 PM
can you feel it all starting to slip away, steph?

can you begin to taste defeat?

Sitarro
10-17-2008, 10:00 PM
can you feel it all starting to slip away, steph?

can you begin to taste defeat?

How soon after your skinny little faggot loses, are you going to claim a racist conspiracy and voter fraud? Ann Coulter's column this week addresses fools just like you, gloat while you can, you WILL fall from an even higher altitude. I will try not to laugh at you, really, I will try.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Here's her address, don't read it on a full stomach, the queasy feeling may overcome you and you'll ruin your keyboard.

retiredman
10-17-2008, 10:05 PM
How soon after your skinny little faggot loses, are you going to claim a racist conspiracy and voter fraud? Ann Coulter's column this week addresses fools just like you, gloat while you can, you WILL fall from an even higher altitude. I will try not to laugh at you, really, I will try.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Here's her address, don't read it on a full stomach, the queasy feeling may overcome you and you'll ruin your keyboard.

how soon after you lose do you think that I'll quit laughing at you?

oh...and you forgot to post the link. :lol:

Sitarro
10-17-2008, 11:27 PM
how soon after you lose do you think that I'll quit laughing at you?

I would imagine you will move up your relocation to that nasty ass country to the south of us when that gay blade asswipe who has devoted his short life to himself loses and the man that has devoted his life to serving his country wins.

oh...and you forgot to post the link. :lol:

Sorry, I was distracted by a video of Osamabama making an ass of himself, again. Here it is because I know you couldn't find it on your own....... a bit of a history lesson for you, Senor.

http://www.anncoulter.com/

Gaffer
10-18-2008, 07:27 AM
what a surprise. Part of the obamedia comes out with an endorsement. They have been doing it for two years and suddenly they feel they need to make it official.

retiredman
10-18-2008, 08:41 AM
I would imagine you will move up your relocation to that nasty ass country to the south of us when that gay blade asswipe who has devoted his short life to himself loses and the man that has devoted his life to serving his country wins.

Sorry, I was distracted by a video of Osamabama making an ass of himself, again. Here it is because I know you couldn't find it on your own....... a bit of a history lesson for you, Senor.

http://www.anncoulter.com/

I read the op-ed from the giraffe necked tranny last night. Hoping for a national recurrence of the Bradley effect? Is that really all you guys got left?

And actually, I will stay put until my daughter graduates from college in 2011 regardless of who wins this election.

I noticed you still are in full deny mode and cannot even bring yourself to think about whay you will say when Obama is elected.
:laugh2: