PDA

View Full Version : Glaring in it's absence: Illegal Immigration

hjmick
10-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the topic of illegal immigration has not once raised it's head during this Presidential race? Is it suddenly not a problem? Or are our two illustriouspotential leaders afraid of losing the Hispanic vote?

Mr. P
10-17-2008, 10:14 PM
I was just thinking about that a few days ago...I'm sure you're correct, it's vote driven.

retiredman
10-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the topic of illegal immigration has not once raised it's head during this Presidential race? Is it suddenly not a problem? Or are our two illustriouspotential leaders afraid of losing the Hispanic vote?

that, and their positions are nearly identical, as I can recall.

theHawk
10-18-2008, 01:19 AM
Because Illegal Immigration is the biggest reason we conservatives don't like McCain. He showed very poor judgement on the issue. But also, McCain is afraid he'd lose the "latino" vote. I think its nonsense to assume that hispanics all want illegal immigration. Every hispanic immigrant I know despises the broken system that allows illegals to slide into our country and take advantage of all it has to offer while the law abiding immigrants take years to earn citizenship.

10-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Not really a good issue to bring up for Republicans right now. If we had a candidate we could get excited over on the issue, it would be much more likely to take front and center. But the fact is raising the issue now is just going annoy conservative voters since both candidates suck on the issue. McCains got enough issues without bringing it up.

However, I think we will have a much easier time swaying McCain to the more conservative position than Obama.

Gaffer
10-18-2008, 07:00 AM
Haven't heard anything, but I have a feeling its one of those issues where McCain and Palin would butt heads.

Trigg
10-18-2008, 10:18 AM
that, and their positions are nearly identical, as I can recall.

Amnesty, Amnesty, Amnesty.