PDA

View Full Version : Horseplay Is An Important Part Of Development

5stringJeff
03-19-2007, 01:58 PM
I am already wrestling around with our 15-month-old son, and I still wrestle with my 13-year-old daughter. This article discusses something a little bit different, but it's a good read nonetheless.

----------------
Science Daily — Playground roughhousing has long been a tradition of children and adolescents, much to the chagrin of several generations of parents who worry that their child will be hurt or worse, become accustom to violence and aggression. But animal research may paint a different portrait of rough and tumble play; one that suggests that social and emotional development may rely heavily on such peer interaction.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070319111228.htm

Mr. P
03-19-2007, 02:09 PM
I am already wrestling around with our 15-month-old son, and I still wrestle with my 13-year-old daughter. This article discusses something a little bit different, but it's a good read nonetheless.

----------------
Science Daily — Playground roughhousing has long been a tradition of children and adolescents, much to the chagrin of several generations of parents who worry that their child will be hurt or worse, become accustom to violence and aggression. But animal research may paint a different portrait of rough and tumble play; one that suggests that social and emotional development may rely heavily on such peer interaction.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070319111228.htm

They didn't need a study, the "older" folks can tell you in a heartbeat the kids today are being screwed because....they're NOT ALLOWED TO BE KIDS!

shattered
03-19-2007, 05:53 PM
They didn't need a study, the "older" folks can tell you in a heartbeat the kids today are being screwed because....they're NOT ALLOWED TO BE KIDS!

You don't need to be "older" to know that...

Mr. P
03-19-2007, 06:12 PM
You don't need to be "older" to know that...

Some don't, but it's rare.