PDA

View Full Version : I Am Joe

stephanie
10-18-2008, 02:57 PM
:clap::salute:iowahawk usually does satire, but not today

First, a pre-emptive apology for the intentional non-humor to follow. I promise that all future non-humor will be strictly unintentional.

We've all witnessed a lot of insanity in American politics over the last few years. Up until the last few days, none of it has seriously bothered me; hey, just more grist for the satire mill. But after witnessing the media's blitzkreig on Joe 'the Plumber' Wurzelbacher, I can only muster anger, and no small amount of fear.

Politicians -- Sarah Palin, Bill Clinton, et al. -- obviously have to put up with some rude, nasty shit, but it's right there in the jobs description. Joe the Plumber is different. He was a guy tossing a football with his kid in the front yard of his $125,000 house when a politician picked him out as a prop for a 30 second newsbite for the cable news cameras. Joe simply had the temerity to speak truth (or, if you prefer, an uninformed opinion) to power, for which the politico-media axis apparently determined that he must be humiliated, harassed, smashed, destroyed. The viciousness and glee with which they set about the task ought to concern anyone who still cares about citizen participation, and freedom of speech, and all that old crap they taught in Civics class before politics turned into Narrative Deathrace 3000, and Web 2.0 turned into Berlin 1932.0.

Godwin's Law! you say? if the jackboot fits, wear it.

read it all and a free download...I AM JOE
http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2008/10/i-am-joe.html

Mr. P
10-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Exactly how I feel about it.

stephanie
10-18-2008, 03:23 PM
watching the media descend on a everyday average "American citizen" and try to destroy them because of him speaking against a politician, is making me ill..

people should be very worried about this in my opinion...it could be you NEXT..

LiberalNation
10-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Not if your background is clean and your statments are based on reality.

gabosaurus
10-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I totally agree. This Joe dude is not Britney Spears or Alex Rodriguez. He didn't asked to be a "15-minute celebrity." All he wanted to do was take part in the American political process.
But because the American media has too much air time and print space to fill, they started investigating him like he was running for national office.

How many of us have made mistakes and owe debts? How many have made statements that they never intended to have repeated on the national news?

When was the last time a common, average American inspired FIVE threads on this board? Give the poor guy a break.

Kathianne
10-18-2008, 04:00 PM
I totally agree. This Joe dude is not Britney Spears or Alex Rodriguez. He didn't asked to be a "15-minute celebrity." All he wanted to do was take part in the American political process.
But because the American media has too much air time and print space to fill, they started investigating him like he was running for national office.

How many of us have made mistakes and owe debts? How many have made statements that they never intended to have repeated on the national news?

When was the last time a common, average American inspired FIVE threads on this board? Give the poor guy a break.

One is forced to wonder though why the media with so much time on its hands, has failed to give us like information on Senator Obama. Nearly two years ago I wrote about his connections with ACORN, Ayers, & Rezko. I really thought the press would have a field day, but I guess I was thinking of the journalism of my youth. I didn't know about Wright, but should have been able to guess about Pflager.

Yurt
10-18-2008, 04:06 PM
i am still amazed at the media's obsession with joe, they have pored over his background with greater intensity than obama and are still egaging in that with only two weeks left

10-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Not if your background is clean and your statments are based on reality.

Whose background is clean? Even the best of us have things we arent proud of.

And what exactly did he say that is somehow out of line with reality?

Gaffer
10-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Whose background is clean? Even the best of us have things we arent proud of.

And what exactly did he say that is somehow out of line with reality?

It's not what he said. It's what obamanation said in response that they want to suppress. Attacking Joe takes the attention off the response. The obamedia is working over time to suppress all the gaffes and mistakes made by their messiah. Nothing is beneath them in achieving their goal of getting the obamanation put in office.

We no longer have a media. We have propaganda outlets.

stephanie
10-19-2008, 09:09 AM
We no longer have a media. We have propaganda outlets.

very true..they have become an enemy to half the people of the United States..

I hope people are realizing this..

Joe Steel
10-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Joe is a fraud.

He wanted to make himself an example of what he wanted America to believe was Obama's extremism. He is in no danger of paying greater taxes and, even if he was, it would be a trivial amount.

stephanie
10-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Joe is a fraud.

He wanted to make himself an example of what he wanted America to believe was Obama's extremism. He is in no danger of paying greater taxes and, even if he was, it would be a trivial amount.

good gawd..the same ole regurgitation from the DNC talking point memo..

OCA
10-19-2008, 10:08 AM
:clap::salute:iowahawk usually does satire, but not today

First, a pre-emptive apology for the intentional non-humor to follow. I promise that all future non-humor will be strictly unintentional.

We've all witnessed a lot of insanity in American politics over the last few years. Up until the last few days, none of it has seriously bothered me; hey, just more grist for the satire mill. But after witnessing the media's blitzkreig on Joe 'the Plumber' Wurzelbacher, I can only muster anger, and no small amount of fear.

Politicians -- Sarah Palin, Bill Clinton, et al. -- obviously have to put up with some rude, nasty shit, but it's right there in the jobs description. Joe the Plumber is different. He was a guy tossing a football with his kid in the front yard of his $125,000 house when a politician picked him out as a prop for a 30 second newsbite for the cable news cameras. Joe simply had the temerity to speak truth (or, if you prefer, an uninformed opinion) to power, for which the politico-media axis apparently determined that he must be humiliated, harassed, smashed, destroyed. The viciousness and glee with which they set about the task ought to concern anyone who still cares about citizen participation, and freedom of speech, and all that old crap they taught in Civics class before politics turned into Narrative Deathrace 3000, and Web 2.0 turned into Berlin 1932.0.

Godwin's Law! you say? if the jackboot fits, wear it.

read it all and a free download...I AM JOE
http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2008/10/i-am-joe.html

You mean this guy is a fucking tax cheat and an unlicensed plumber too? Was this guy also a plant by the McCain campaign to try and make Obama look silly and it backfired also?:laugh2:

stephanie
10-19-2008, 10:10 AM
You mean this guy is a fucking tax cheat and an unlicensed plumber too? Was this guy also a plant by the McCain campaign to try and make Obama look silly and it backfired also?:laugh2:

I'm not arguing with you, Oca..
this thread is about THE MEDIA
Have a good one..:cheers2:

OCA
10-19-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm not arguing with you, Oca..
this thread is about THE MEDIA
Have a good one..:cheers2:

Ok, i'll take this as you can't.

BTW the media is not in the pocket of anyone, the fact is Repubs have inferior candidates this time around and the media just reports and the reports reveal that.

stephanie
10-19-2008, 10:15 AM

BTW the media is not in the pocket of anyone, the fact is Repubs have inferior opponents this time around and the media just reports and the reports reveal that.

No, take it as I WON'T.

Have a good one:cheers2:

OCA
10-19-2008, 10:19 AM
No, take it as I WON'T.

Have a good one:cheers2:

LOL Steph!

Why not? Tell me, and I mean this respectfully, you aren't afraid are you?

Kathianne
10-19-2008, 10:20 AM

BTW the media is not in the pocket of anyone, the fact is Repubs have inferior opponents this time around and the media just reports and the reports reveal that.

You're correct, the opponents are inferior, dangerous too. Most likely will win though, because the MSM has gone in the tank so far that they spend their resources tracking down a guy whom Obama went up to, in the guys own yard. Poor guy had the temerity to ask what would happen to his taxes, IF he became successful, like you OCA, hoping to achieve the American Dream.

When not doing 'Joe' aka Sam research, they try to find info on candidate's wife via internet contact with parents of their kids. (http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/10/mccain_lawyer_asks_why_new_yor.html)

You are having a problem seeing what's there, but that's ok.

OCA
10-19-2008, 10:22 AM
You're correct, the opponents are inferior, dangerous too. Most likely will win though, because the MSM has gone in the tank so far that they spend their resources tracking down a guy whom Obama went up to, in the guys own yard. Poor guy had the temerity to ask what would happen to his taxes, IF he became successful, like you OCA, hoping to achieve the American Dream.

When not doing 'Joe' aka Sam research, they try to find info on candidate's wife via internet contact with parents of their kids. (http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/10/mccain_lawyer_asks_why_new_yor.html)

The inferior was a mistake, I was trying to do two things at once, I corrected it minutes later with the word "candidates", the Repub candidates and positions are inferior.

Did you see where McCain called tax cuts for the middle class "welfare"?:laugh2:

stephanie
10-19-2008, 10:22 AM
LOL Steph!

Why not? Tell me, and I mean this respectfully, you aren't afraid are you?

Oca, you should know better than that..
I just find you unreasonable about Joe the Plumber, so I can't and won't argue with that..:slap:

Kathianne
10-19-2008, 10:26 AM
The inferior was a mistake, I was trying to do two things at once, I corrected it minutes later with the word "candidates", the Repub candidates and positions are inferior. Freudian slip in the truth

Did you see where McCain called tax cuts for the middle class "welfare"?:laugh2: did you hear the knee slapper Obama said about 57 states? :laugh2:

jimnyc
10-19-2008, 10:27 AM

Not all plumbers need to be licensed, it all depends on the job they are performing. If employed by someone, you might be given jobs that don't require a license. If he were to own his own business, of course he would then need to be fully licensed.

Under Ohio law as of February 2008 a "helper" or "tradesman" is not required to maintain a license if he/she works for a licensed contractor.

Joe is from Ohio.

P.S. - I would love to see any evidence at all that he as a "plant".

Gaffer
10-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Oca, you should know better than that..
I just find you unreasonable about Joe the Plumber, so I can't and won't argue with that..:slap:

oca also believes everything he hears in the media. They are leading him by the nose and he can't even see it.

stephanie
10-19-2008, 10:32 AM
and so what if he was a plant??

for people to sit by and cheer this action by the MEDIA in destroying an American citizen because he spoke out against a politician, especially one who is running for President, is damn scary to me..

Mr. P
10-19-2008, 10:46 AM
The inferior was a mistake, I was trying to do two things at once, I corrected it minutes later with the word "candidates", the Repub candidates and positions are inferior.

Did you see where McCain called tax cuts for the middle class "welfare"?:laugh2:

A tax cut for those not paying tax in the first place some 40%+ of the population IS WELFARE in my book.

OCA
10-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Not all plumbers need to be licensed, it all depends on the job they are performing. If employed by someone, you might be given jobs that don't require a license. If he were to own his own business, of course he would then need to be fully licensed.

Under Ohio law as of February 2008 a "helper" or "tradesman" is not required to maintain a license if he/she works for a licensed contractor.

Joe is from Ohio.

P.S. - I would love to see any evidence at all that he as a "plant".

Jimmy would you let an unlicensed cardiologist operate on your ticker?

Kathianne
10-19-2008, 10:55 AM

Gee, can they do so in MD? :lol: What's that have to do with plumbers?

If the owner wants repeat business, he makes sure those working for him do a good job.

OCA
10-19-2008, 10:56 AM
A tax cut for those not paying tax in the first place some 40%+ of the population IS WELFARE in my book.

What the fuck? You wouldn't be claiming that the middle class pays no taxes? That is fucking outrageous P!

OCA
10-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Gee, can they do so in MD? :lol: What's that have to do with plumbers?

If the owner wants repeat business, he makes sure those working for him do a good job.

Has everything to do with it, don't blame if you aren't bright enough to pick up on it.

So if an employer has the license and can hire anybody to practice his business and just has to make sure they do their job right why can't a cardiologist hire any slob off the street to saw on somebody's ticker if the licensed cardiologist ensures his work is good?

You see the fallacy of your argument, right?

OCA
10-19-2008, 11:05 AM
and so what if he was a plant??

for people to sit by and cheer this action by the MEDIA in destroying an American citizen because he spoke out against a politician, especially one who is running for President, is damn scary to me..

He didn't speak out he made up some bullshit about his situation and was found to be a complete fraud.....so now because this shit has blown up in McCain's face you RINOS claim that the media is attacking him unfairly.

Its always somebody else's fault.

Mr. P
10-19-2008, 11:05 AM
What the fuck? You wouldn't be claiming that the middle class pays no taxes? That is fucking outrageous P!

40%+ of the population doesn't pay "income" tax. I've seen figures as high as 48%. These figures are not from any politician they come from government records and reports. Those folks will get the "welfare" tax cut in the form of a check, paid by you. Are you surprised by this?

OCA
10-19-2008, 11:06 AM
40%+ of the population doesn't pay "income" tax. I've seen figures as high as 48%. These figures are not from any politician they come from government records and reports. Those folks will get the "welfare" tax cut in the form of a check, paid by you. Are you surprised by this?

Link?:link:

stephanie
10-19-2008, 11:07 AM
what's the difference between an unlicensed American citizen, and an illegal alien doing work..???

hmmmm.

Nukeman
Chances are when YOU go to the cardiologist office YOU WILL get someone WITHOUT a medical degree or license looking at you. They are called Physicians Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners. You may not even know it it happens in ALL offices and hospitals. They are OVERSEEN by a licensed physician. Are you following me here the people that work on your health do not all hold the same freaking license but they do work "under" someone that does.

This is done in a number of businesses, they have ONE licensed person that "overlooks", "checks", signs off on" or what ever the hell YOU want to call it. It saves money and resources...... Can you get this through your thick skull or are you just being the "tough guy" with no freaking sense....

gabosaurus
Mr. P, that is an interesting premise. Would you please elaborate on it a little further?

OCA
what's the difference between an unlicensed American citizen, and an illegal alien doing work..???

hmmmm.

Lots..............the illegal has a better work ethic and does better work.

OCA
10-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Chances are when YOU go to the cardiologist office YOU WILL get someone WITHOUT a medical degree or license looking at you. They are called Physicians Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners. You may not even know it it happens in ALL offices and hospitals. They are OVERSEEN by a licensed physician. Are you following me here the people that work on your health do not all hold the same freaking license but they do work "under" someone that does.

This is done in a number of businesses, they have ONE licensed person that "overlooks", "checks", signs off on" or what ever the hell YOU want to call it. It saves money and resources...... Can you get this through your thick skull or are you just being the "tough guy" with no freaking sense....

I'm talking about the carving dumbass.................please try and keep up.

Nukeman
10-19-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm talking about the carving dumbass.................please try and keep up.Tell yaa what "DUMB ASS" Does it really take a "licensed" perrson to sweat two peices of pipe together?? Your a real peice of work you know that.

Ohh by the way some of that carving is performed by the PA and closed by the nurse...... Try to keep up dip shit!!!!:fu:

Kathianne
10-19-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm talking about the carving dumbass.................please try and keep up.

The analogy doesn't work. He's not the dumbass.

OCA
10-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Tell yaa what "DUMB ASS" Does it really take a "licensed" perrson to sweat two peices of pipe together?? Your a real peice of work you know that.

Ohh by the way some of that carving is performed by the PA and closed by the nurse...... Try to keep up dip shit!!!!:fu:

Tell you what Gomer, i'll get a job at a surgeon's office, you come in and i'll peform a removal of the organ of your choice, i'll do the whole thing including closing..............that is if you believe in the whole no license needed thingy?

OCA
10-19-2008, 11:19 AM
The analogy doesn't work. He's not the dumbass.

True...................you are. Wait, not true.................he is a dumbass also.

Mr. P
10-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Link?:link:

Mr. P, that is an interesting premise. Would you please elaborate on it a little further?

Ya'll go google..it's been publicly announced several times in the last few weeks.
Even the liberal leaners on some of the Sunday News shows have mentioned it.
I don't have the time today to show you.

Nukeman
10-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Tell you what Gomer, i'll get a job at a surgeon's office, you come in and i'll peform a removal of the organ of your choice, i'll do the whole thing including closing..............that is if you believe in the whole no license needed thingy?
Tell yaa what "would hire illegal to avoid taxes douche bag" go right ahead and do that... I don't thinkyou could though sicnce they generaly like to hire people that have a fucking brain instead of pretending they do....

Ohh by the way where did I say you don't need a license??? could you please show me ohh great internet bully????

YOU seem to have a problem with the term "scope of practice" this does not only pertain to health care but in ANY field that "may" require a license. can you follow that

Kathianne
10-19-2008, 11:25 AM
True...................you are. Wait, not true.................he is a dumbass also.

:lol: Wow, that was just a devastating response. However am I going to recover from the brilliance of being 'slammed' by the master debater of the whole freaking world?

Yurt
10-19-2008, 11:30 AM

BTW the media is not in the pocket of anyone, the fact is Repubs have inferior candidates this time around and the media just reports and the reports reveal that.

:lol:

you tell yourself that...

i still remember fondly obama's world campaign tour and the tingling up someone's leg...i believe that have stats that show obama overwhelmingly gets more positive coverage than mccain

NYT endorses obama, then when he gets the nod, dumps him like a hot potato and lovingly allowed obama to print up any opinion he wants while not giving mccain the same ability....on and on and on

OCA
10-19-2008, 11:31 AM
:lol: Wow, that was just a devastating response. However am I going to recover from the brilliance of being 'slammed' by the master debater of the whole freaking world?

Not sure, maybe a nap and a glass of woodbridge chardonnay would help.

Mr. P
10-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Has everything to do with it, don't blame if you aren't bright enough to pick up on it.

So if an employer has the license and can hire anybody to practice his business and just has to make sure they do their job right why can't a cardiologist hire any slob off the street to saw on somebody's ticker if the licensed cardiologist ensures his work is good?

You see the fallacy of your argument, right?

How do you think a resident cardiatric surgeon gets their training, OCA?

Do you really think they never have any real hands on experience under another cardiatric surgeon before they are certified and licensed?

Kathianne
10-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Not sure, maybe a nap and a glass of woodbridge chardonnay would help.

:laugh2:

Yurt
10-19-2008, 11:35 AM
yes, surgery and plumbing are quite similar, in fact, even the educational requirements are the same, and i hear the mcat has nothing on the plumbers exam (if there is one)

faulty analogy

try contractor, oh wait, lots of unlicensed people work under a contractor :laugh2:

OCA
10-19-2008, 11:37 AM
How do you think a resident cardiatric surgeon gets their training, OCA?

Do you really think they never have any real hands on experience under another cardiatric surgeon before they are certified and licensed?

Cadavers would be my guess because I certainly wouldn't let some unlicensed or resident schmoe cut on me.

emmett
10-19-2008, 11:38 AM

Would you let an unlicensed leaf blower blow the leaves off your driveway instead of paying a commercial landscape company three times as much? There is a difference between a plummer and a cardiologist!

Nukeman
10-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Cadavers would be my guess because I certainly wouldn't let some unlicensed or resident schmoe cut on me.
Ohh yaa cause God knows a dead piece of tissue is so much like the real beating bleeding thing. You really have NO idea what your talking about!!!!

Kathianne
10-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Ohh yaa cause God knows a dead piece of tissue is so much like the real beating bleeding thing. You really have NO idea what your talking about!!!!

But he says it with passion! :laugh2:

Mr. P
10-19-2008, 11:54 AM

You'd be surprised who participates in the O.R. Yer outta that loop then anyway.

Cadavers for 8+ years of residency..LOL! NOPE!

OCA
10-19-2008, 11:59 AM
You'd be surprised who participates in the O.R. Yer outta that loop then anyway.

Cadavers for 8+ years of residency..LOL! NOPE!

As I said I wouldn't let a fucking resident cut on me anyway.

Mr. P
10-19-2008, 12:10 PM

But, yer ok with someone that cuts on Cadavers for 8+ years, never touching a real live person, taking a test, and getting a licenses cutting on you instead?
That's ridiculous.

Gaffer
10-19-2008, 12:22 PM

I would. I'd even let a plumber cut on you.

You need to go back to that bush and have some further discussions with god. Maybe he can give you some debate tips. Or better still go back and see what the media has to pass on to you for talking points.

Do you have a license to spout liberal mantra? or are you an unlicensed liberal commentator?

OCA
10-19-2008, 12:37 PM
I would. I'd even let a plumber cut on you.

You need to go back to that bush and have some further discussions with god. Maybe he can give you some debate tips. Or better still go back and see what the media has to pass on to you for talking points.

Do you have a license to spout liberal mantra? or are you an unlicensed liberal commentator?

I guess to be conservative i've got to spout nonsensical shit about Muslims and Islam..............i'll try and work on it.

OCA
10-19-2008, 12:37 PM
But, yer ok with someone that cuts on Cadavers for 8+ years, never touching a real live person, taking a test, and getting a licenses cutting on you instead?
That's ridiculous.

As long as they are licensed it great.

Kathianne
10-19-2008, 12:40 PM
As long as they are licensed it great.

I bet you've cut frogs and fetal pigs. Do you think it's anything like a live person?

Do you really think a system of education on already dead persons would prepare a cardiac surgeon to work on your 'ticker?'

OCA
10-19-2008, 12:45 PM
I bet you've cut frogs and fetal pigs. Do you think it's anything like a live person?

Do you really think a system of education on already dead persons would prepare a cardiac surgeon to work on your 'ticker?'

Ok, if, God forbid, you need something drastic done to one of your vital organs we'll set up a 3rd or 4th yr resident do the cutting and see what you think beforehand.

It is not unreasonable to expect people to pass a cursory exam in any field, whether it be plumbing or medical in order to practice in said field, owner or employee does not matter.

We license people to drive, wanna drive on the roads with numbnuts with no license?

OCA
10-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Notice nobody tackled the fact that Joe was a tax cheat.

Kathianne
10-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Ok, if, God forbid, you need something drastic done to one of your vital organs we'll set up a 3rd or 4th yr resident do the cutting and see what you think beforehand.

It is not unreasonable to expect people to pass a cursory exam in any field, whether it be plumbing or medical in order to practice in said field, owner or employee does not matter.

We license people to drive, wanna drive on the roads with numbnuts with no license?

Once again, you are using the wrong analogies. It may be because Joe shouldn't have been a focus in the first place, but you chose to back the MSM smear of a citizen that asked a question of a candidate that sought him out. Problem for 'Joe' is that the Obama folks didn't like the question, and THE ONE'S answer even less.

OCA
10-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Once again, you are using the wrong analogies. It may be because Joe shouldn't have been a focus in the first place, but you chose to back the MSM smear of a citizen that asked a question of a candidate that sought him out. Problem for 'Joe' is that the Obama folks didn't like the question, and THE ONE'S answer even less.

Sought him out? Have you watched the video? JOE SOUGHT OBAMA OUT BY YELLING HIS NAME OUT OVER AND OVER. He had to get the question asked in order to get the payment from the McCain campaign.

There was no seeking of a lowlife slob like Joe by Obama.

Kathianne
10-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Sought him out? Have you watched the video? JOE SOUGHT OBAMA OUT BY YELLING HIS NAME OUT OVER AND OVER. He had to get the question asked in order to get the payment from the McCain campaign.

Obama showed up in his neighborhood. Joe had a question. A plant? Not likely.

Gaffer
10-19-2008, 01:05 PM

You actually believe that? If so your as gullible as gaby.

Mr. P
10-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Notice nobody tackled the fact that Joe was a tax cheat.

Owed tax..didn't pay...got a lien on property...debt will be paid..
Doesn't equal cheat.

On the license thing...do you really have that much confidence in the issuing authority for a cardiac surgeon to practice or a plumber to plumb? That authority is the government ya know?

stephanie
10-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Joe the Plumber has driven our friend completely over the edge...

throw him a rope, or a plunger....:laugh2:

Nukeman
10-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Ok, if, God forbid, you need something drastic done to one of your vital organs we'll set up a 3rd or 4th yr resident do the cutting and see what you think beforehand. Me i would take a 4th year resident any day due to the fact that THEY are up on all the current trends and techniques. People have a way of getting in a rut even physicians. But hey you wouldn't know that because YOU have your head up your fat ass...

You think a Physician passes a "cursory" exam?? You do realize that to be "Board Certified" in whatever repective field the exam takes DAYS to include written, oral, and observational portions. I think that may be a bit more involved than a freaking plumbers exam.... IDIOT

Hey dipshit, we already do.....they're called illegals. You know those people you like to champion every chance you get.

Other than those idiots. The other's traveling the roads without a license are called student drivers.

Next time you walk into an ER due yourself a favor and ask the person working on you if they're a physician, nurse practitioner, physicians assistant, nurse, paramedic, EMT, aid or RESIDENT(Those are the ones to look out for THEY'RE NOT BOARD CERTIFIED). You might be surprised WHO is taking care of your sorry ass.....:slap:

Yurt
10-19-2008, 04:10 PM

gabby, gabby, gabby.....

emmett
10-19-2008, 04:19 PM
You guys ganging up on OCA is not going to change the fact that Joe did sort of overstate his position. I would think it practical that before a fellow thinks of buying a business he would at least be qualified to operate it. I would not think despite rather required or not that a journeyman is qualified to operate a business such as that. Also I think it unlikely given the bank fiasco that a guy with an IRS lien on his house will be able to get the funding to buy a business that gross' over 250 a year. It just ain't happening!

Technically, he did ask a very pertinent question of the candidate and the answer was scary as shit! Rather it would have been Joe the Apprentice or anybody else. I can also say that if it had been someone else, the MSM would have, as they did Joe, investigated them and brought up whatever dirty laundry they could to protect their precious new son.

What will be interesting is when people begin to rebel in mass numbers after the policies of Obama begin to lead us up shit river around the beginning of 2010 and the press finds themselves compromising their own beliefs and has to report real news about the fucked up economy. They think it is bad now......LOL!

Kathianne
10-19-2008, 04:23 PM
You guys ganging up on OCA is not going to change the fact that Joe did sort of overstate his position. I would think it practical that before a fellow thinks of buying a business he would at least be qualified to operate it. I would not think despite rather required or not that a journeyman is qualified to operate a business such as that. Also I think it unlikely given the bank fiasco that a guy with an IRS lien on his house will be able to get the funding to buy a business that gross' over 250 a year. It just ain't happening!

Technically, he did ask a very pertinent question of the candidate and the answer was scary as shit! Rather it would have been Joe the Apprentice or anybody else. I can also say that if it had been someone else, the MSM would have, as they did Joe, investigated them and brought up whatever dirty laundry they could to protect their precious new son.

What will be interesting is when people begin to rebel in mass numbers after the policies of Obama begin to lead us up shit river around the beginning of 2010 and the press finds themselves compromising their own beliefs and has to report real news about the fucked up economy. They think it is bad now......LOL!
He was 'dreaming aloud' and asking questions about what might happen if he realized the dream. All perfectly acceptable to question a presidential candidate about.

Mr. P
10-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Me i would take a 4th year resident any day due to the fact that THEY are up on all the current trends and techniques. People have a way of getting in a rut even physicians. But hey you wouldn't know that because YOU have your head up your fat ass...

You think a Physician passes a "cursory" exam?? You do realize that to be "Board Certified" in whatever repective field the exam takes DAYS to include written, oral, and observational portions. I think that may be a bit more involved than a freaking plumbers exam.... IDIOT

Hey dipshit, we already do.....they're called illegals. You know those people you like to champion every chance you get.

Other than those idiots. The other's traveling the roads without a license are called student drivers.

Next time you walk into an ER due yourself a favor and ask the person working on you if they're a physician, nurse practitioner, physicians assistant, nurse, paramedic, EMT, aid or RESIDENT(Those are the ones to look out for THEY'RE NOT BOARD CERTIFIED). You might be surprised WHO is taking care of your sorry ass.....:slap:

Just a note..personal experience/witness stuff..One day we had a call to an ER to transport by air a patient to another hospital and assist. Turns out the staff at this rural ER couldn't place an ET (intubation tube) in the patient so they could breath . The Nurse and Paramedic with me had to do it. Everyone involved at the ER had a LICENSE but not the hands on experience.

OCA
10-20-2008, 03:00 PM
You actually believe that? If so your as gullible as gaby.

Yeah sure, Obama went and sought out a tax cheating shitbag like Joe The Plumber:laugh2:

OCA
10-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Owed tax..didn't pay...got a lien on property...debt will be paid..
Doesn't equal cheat.

On the license thing...do you really have that much confidence in the issuing authority for a cardiac surgeon to practice or a plumber to plumb? That authority is the government ya know?

didn't pay=tax cheat

Yurt
10-20-2008, 03:33 PM
didn't pay=tax cheat

uh, no...means did not pay

cheating means dishonesty

there was a year a while back that i owed a surprising amount of taxes, i thought i was going to get money back, but i guess i made a mistake on exemptions, and i couldn't pay it all off, so i did a half year payment plan

am i cheat?

Yurt
10-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah sure, Obama went and sought out a tax cheating shitbag like Joe The Plumber:laugh2:

you asked the very question in this thread

OCA
10-20-2008, 04:09 PM
uh, no...means did not pay

cheating means dishonesty

there was a year a while back that i owed a surprising amount of taxes, i thought i was going to get money back, but i guess i made a mistake on exemptions, and i couldn't pay it all off, so i did a half year payment plan

am i cheat?

Joe has not set up any repayment plan, the government has been forced to attatch a lien on the house of this lowlife.

Joe deserves to be spat upon.

Choosing this guy as the poster boy and choosing Mrs. Wasilla is proof that alzheimers is setting in upon Johnny Lib.

Kathianne
10-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Joe has not set up any repayment plan, the government has been forced to attatch a lien on the house of this lowlife.

Choosing this guy as the poster boy and choosing Mrs. Wasilla is proof that alzheimers is setting in upon Johnny Lib.

People often use liens to care for an unexpected tax obligation. It's why the process is there. Seems Joe went through a protracted divorce/custody battle, often brings tax problems.

BTW OCA, why are you more concerned about Joe than Obama's background? Why is the NYT digging for stuff on Cindy, rather than Obama? People really want to know about the Ayers/Obama connection, yet these media titans are picking on a plumber and a wife.

Yurt
10-20-2008, 05:12 PM

ditto to what kathy said...

and that is still not a cheat...provide evidence he lied or intended to never pay it...getting a lien doesn't mean you never intend to pay it...maybe he did not know about a payment plan...maybe the irs was overzealous in his case

you presume much.. knowing so little

OCA
10-20-2008, 05:57 PM
People often use liens to care for an unexpected tax obligation. It's why the process is there. Seems Joe went through a protracted divorce/custody battle, often brings tax problems.

BTW OCA, why are you more concerned about Joe than Obama's background? Why is the NYT digging for stuff on Cindy, rather than Obama? People really want to know about the Ayers/Obama connection, yet these media titans are picking on a plumber and a wife.

The Mccain campaign went personal first so take it for what it is, seems the Repubs knew they couldn't win on the issues.

OCA
10-20-2008, 05:58 PM
ditto to what kathy said...

and that is still not a cheat...provide evidence he lied or intended to never pay it...getting a lien doesn't mean you never intend to pay it...maybe he did not know about a payment plan...maybe the irs was overzealous in his case

you presume much.. knowing so little

Maybe you make excuses for him because he supports McCain........I know that.

Kathianne
10-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Maybe you make excuses for him because he supports McCain........I know that.

He asked a question, Barack answered without a teleprompter. Now the media has gone into all aspects of his life. BTW, did I mention that this wasn't at a rally, rather the place of Barack's choosing to conduct door-to-door campaign?

Poor Barack, a guy in a blue collar area aspires to better life and questioned his highness. His highness told the truth, which the subjects/peons/scum of the earth didn't wish to hear and not what the lord meant to say aloud. So what to do? Cut off the head of the peasant.

You, OCA, are complicit.

KitchenKitten99
10-20-2008, 06:16 PM
You, OCA, are complicit.
And backed up.

Dood, OCA, go get laid before you pop a vein.

OCA
10-20-2008, 06:19 PM
He asked a question, Barack answered without a teleprompter. Now the media has gone into all aspects of his life. BTW, did I mention that this wasn't at a rally, rather the place of Barack's choosing to conduct door-to-door campaign?

Poor Barack, a guy in a blue collar area aspires to better life and questioned his highness. His highness told the truth, which the subjects/peons/scum of the earth didn't wish to hear and not what the lord meant to say aloud. So what to do? Cut off the head of the peasant.

You, OCA, are complicit.

The McCain campaign should be more selective in whom they choose to intercept Obama and attempt to make a fool of.

And BTW, he said exactly what he's been saying all along, if you make under 250,000 you get a tax cut, if you make over you get a tax hike................he's been saying that since day one. I for 1, and it seems the majority of Americans, agree with him.

Just about everyone here on this board will see a tax cut, a significant tax cut, the economy will prosper and he'll probably get a reelection along with his bringing the troops home which a majority of Americans want since we finished the job long ago.

OCA
10-20-2008, 06:19 PM
And backed up.

Dood, OCA, go get laid before you pop a vein.

Not responding to silliness tonight Fuz.

Kathianne
10-20-2008, 06:22 PM
The McCain campaign should be more selective in whom they choose to intercept Obama and attempt to make a fool of.

And BTW, he said exactly what he's been saying all along, if you make under 250,000 you get a tax cut, if you make over you get a tax hike................he's been saying that since day one. I for 1, and it seems the majority of Americans, agree with him.

Just about everyone here on this board will see a tax cut, a significant tax cut, the economy will prosper and he'll probably get a reelection along with his bringing the troops home which a majority of Americans want since we finished the job long ago.

With that post you show you know you've lost. Not to me, but to the argument. You are wrong, you know it, we all know it.

OCA
10-20-2008, 06:28 PM
With that post you show you know you've lost. Not to me, but to the argument. You are wrong, you know it, we all know it.

What is wrong Kath? That I actually and accurately quoted his tax position for the middle class which, if he is a man of his word and he has never proven he isn't, will afford amost all here a tax cut or.........................are you wrong in assuming, because of your blind ideology, that because there is a D next to his name he will be a lying sack of shit and raise taxes on Jan.21?

Bush had your ideology......................look where we are now.

Yurt
10-20-2008, 06:38 PM

first you asked a question if he was a plant, then you ridiculed that he was a plant...i told you that you asked that very question....and now you are saying he IS a plant :laugh2:

Gaffer
10-20-2008, 06:40 PM
first you asked a question if he was a plant, then you ridiculed that he was a plant...i told you that you asked that very question....and now you are saying he IS a plant :laugh2:

He'll say anything to make himself appear right.

OCA
10-20-2008, 06:43 PM

Lie.

I said he was a plant all along. It all fits, first they pick a complete dumbass in Mrs. Wasilla to be the running mate then they pick a complete fucking tax cheat and bum to intercept Obama.....................McCain cannot run a campaign much less a country.

Kathianne
10-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Lie.

I said he was a plant all along. It all fits, first they pick a complete dumbass in Mrs. Wasilla to be the running mate then they pick a complete fucking tax cheat and bum to intercept Obama.....................McCain cannot run a campaign much less a country.

Except that what you say isn't holding water. Not intellectually, not politically.

Yurt
10-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Lie.

you're right, i read mccain when you said obama

still....a plant? why would mccain choose him for a plant? why not someone who makes 250K and has all taxes paid...i highly doubt he would pick joe...obama was in his neighborhood OCA

that is a fact

OCA
10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Except that what you say isn't holding water. Not intellectually, not politically.

It doesn't hold water if you are a McCain supporter, ideologue or partisan..............which one is it Kath?

OCA
10-20-2008, 07:03 PM
you're right, i read mccain when you said obama

still....a plant? why would mccain choose him for a plant? why not someone who makes 250K and has all taxes paid...i highly doubt he would pick joe...obama was in his neighborhood OCA

that is a fact

Absolutely he was in his neighborhood. Think the two campaigns don't know where each other is going to be and what they will be doing? They knew his route and got someone along it only John is getting the old timers and he picked some tax cheat....................says alot about his decision making processes.

Nukeman
10-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Absolutely he was in his neighborhood. Think the two campaigns don't know where each other is going to be and what they will be doing? They knew his route and got someone along it only John is getting the old timers and he picked some tax cheat....................says alot about his decision making processes.
Just remember when you put the tinfoil on it is SHINY SIDE OUT otherwise it just looks dull like you!!!!

Kathianne
10-20-2008, 07:08 PM
It doesn't hold water if you are a McCain supporter, ideologue or partisan..............which one is it Kath?

OCA, you are getting pathetic here. It's so obvious what has occurred. Obama screwed up and the press went overboard. Now they both pay the price. You're problem? You went with them.

OCA
10-20-2008, 07:10 PM
OCA, you are getting pathetic here. It's so obvious what has occurred. Obama screwed up and the press went overboard. Now they both pay the price. You're problem? You went with them.

How did he screw up? He said the same thing he already said in all 3 debates. If he screwed up why are his numbers rising and in states that are solid for him does he have more than enough electoral college votes?

Kathianne
10-20-2008, 07:13 PM
How did he screw up? He said the same thing he already said in all 3 debates. If he screwed up why are his numbers rising and in states that are solid for him does he have more than enough electoral college votes?

Ok, he wins. Truth is he did tell the truth, albeit by accident. You are in this hook, line, and sinker. No credibility when it's over. None. Your 'plan' sucks, for all the reasons that will become crystal down the road. You bought it. You pay for it.

OCA
10-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Ok, he wins. Truth is he did tell the truth, albeit by accident. You are in this hook, line, and sinker. No credibility when it's over. None. Your 'plan' sucks, for all the reasons that will become crystal down the road. You bought it. You pay for it.

Why is it "by accident"?

Whe had Bill Clinton, a liberal and we had a roaring economy, the same will happen here.

Kathianne
10-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Why is it "by accident"?

Whe had Bill Clinton, a liberal and we had a roaring economy, the same will happen here.

Whatever floats your boat. In your case the Obama man, while pretending to be something else.

Yurt
10-20-2008, 07:27 PM

any proof