PDA

View Full Version : An ACORN challenge for you

Gadget (fmr Marine)
10-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Recently House Minority Leader Boehner (R) claimed that ACORN has received $31 Million in funds through grants from the US Government....does anyone know of how mch ACORN has received through EARMARKS (PORK) over the last 10 years or so....

Where could I find that information?

Mr. P
10-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Try this Jamey... don't know if if will be what yer lookin for... who knows.

http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer

Gadget (fmr Marine)
10-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Thank you, I was all over the site and found "only" $140K in earmarks.

I think the trouble is that the earmarks are sent out to a Foundation, and then funneled to other organizations as grants....

...and with ACORN, they have so many different divisions and affiliations, that is is hard to find out what, where and WHO from under thier cloak....

emmett
10-20-2008, 03:09 AM

I think the trouble is that the earmarks are sent out to a Foundation, and then funneled to other organizations as grants....

...and with ACORN, they have so many different divisions and affiliations, that is is hard to find out what, where and WHO from under thier cloak....

The term you are looking for is called "stacking" as i understand it. The money gets washed through some intricate process but finds it way back into the hands of ACORN through this process. I read about it somewhere and I wish I could find it so as to link it but I can't.

One thing you CAN count on. They are dirty as a pair of three day worn underwear in the dessert brother. The fact is.....everybody, left and right...knows it! It is the sole intention of ACORN to cheat! Plain and simple! To whore up the process of our election system.

namvet
10-20-2008, 08:22 AM
Recently House Minority Leader Boehner (R) claimed that ACORN has received $31 Million in funds through grants from the US Government....does anyone know of how mch ACORN has received through EARMARKS (PORK) over the last 10 years or so....

Where could I find that information?

there's BIG numbers here (here)

under gov grants

Gadget (fmr Marine)
10-20-2008, 11:49 AM
there's BIG numbers here (here)

under gov grants

Thanks for that....I appreciate the information, but I still have not been able to find, directly, where ACORN got funds through earmarks....

Binky
10-20-2008, 01:30 PM

That's why they've set it up that way. Then it's a lot of work to dig and find out any info. One place will lead to another so on and so forth. It's set up to deter people from digging too deep and finding out anything.