PDA

View Full Version : Long John Silver's to roll out healthy menu

LiberalNation
10-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Haven't been to one of them in awile. Yummy, greasy, that's their draw. Don't know how well healthy items would go over in the world of cheap fast seafood.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081020/hl_nm/us_yum_longjohnsilvers;_ylt=Av8FRRHSLXW0De6obnKnA9 QDW7oF

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Yum Brands Inc's Long John Silver's on Sunday said it would roll out its first non-fried fish menu items later this month as the restaurant industry responds to consumer calls for healthier food.

The new menu, called Freshside Grille, is lower in fat and calories than the quick-serve seafood chain's standard fare. Entrees and side dishes will include grilled Pacific salmon, shrimp scampi, mixed vegetables and seasoned rice.

Louisville, Kentucky-based Long John Silver's will begin introducing the new menu in late October at its U.S. restaurants.

Immanuel
10-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Never eaten there. I'm alergic to seafood. I understand that they have chicken too, but when you cook chicken in the same grease as you cook the shrimp... well, it sends me to the hospital for four hours of adreneline shots and it gets worse every time I eat seafood.

Thank God I don't like seafood. :laugh2:

Immie