PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Professor Backs McCain Over Obama's Tax Plan

crin63
10-20-2008, 10:31 AM
My son told me on his way out the door this morning that his Poli-Sci professor who is a lifelong Democrat will be voting for MCain because of Obama's tax plan. His professor doesn't want his taxes going up. The professor and his wife make more than 250k a year and would fall under Obama's, "spread the wealth around" program. They prefer to keep the money they earn.

Wow, the guy is a democrat and a professor and has common sense. There must be icicles forming in hell as we speak. :coffee:

AFbombloader
10-20-2008, 11:12 AM
My son told me on his way out the door this morning that his Poli-Sci professor who is a lifelong Democrat will be voting for MCain because of Obama's tax plan. His professor doesn't want his taxes going up. The professor and his wife make more than 250k a year and would fall under Obama's, "spread the wealth around" program. They prefer to keep the money they earn.

Wow, the guy is a democrat and a professor and has common sense. There must be icicles forming in hell as we speak. :coffee:

Good for him, he may not be a Dem after all!

KitchenKitten99
10-20-2008, 01:02 PM
He's like my father-in-law, a closet conservative. When pinned on many facts, you'll find that there are quite a few self-proclaimed Democrats who are more conservative than they like to admit.

It has more to do with the label of being a conservative and/or republican than the actual beliefs that they harbor.

No1tovote4
10-20-2008, 01:33 PM
It is extremely difficult to be a registered republican in the circles the guy runs in. My BIL does it, but barely. There aren't many, not because they don't want to be there, but because they are often chased off by the treatment they receive.

Immanuel
10-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Good for him, he may not be a Dem after all!

I'm sure that if he espouses that idea to more than just his students he will be ridiculed, cussed at and expelled from the Democratic Party faster than he can say, "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious".

Immie