PDA

View Full Version : Broke my ass!

jimnyc
03-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Went out my back door yesterday, had a Dunkin Donuts coffee in one hand, and never shoveled the snow on the back stairs. Well, it had frozen over the night before. So needless to say, after my first step I went up in the air and came to a screeching halt 5 steps later at the bottom, on my ass/back/head! Was sore for a bit, but better today.

So go ahead, you can all have a good laugh at my expense. :finger3:

stephanie
03-19-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm glad your Ok....
It could of been a lot worse...

Did you save the coffee??

:coffee:

shattered
03-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Went out my back door yesterday, had a Dunkin Donuts coffee in one hand, and never shoveled the snow on the back stairs. Well, it had frozen over the night before. So needless to say, after my first step I went up in the air and came to a screeching halt 5 steps later at the bottom, on my ass/back/head! Was sore for a bit, but better today.

So go ahead, you can all have a good laugh at my expense. :finger3:

A) If you're going to waste perfectly good coffee like that, at least it was DD's.

B) Did anyone get pictures?

C) HAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

Mr. P
03-19-2007, 06:45 PM
I was trout fishing and sorta running along the river bank; hit some tree roots that were slippery as ice. I went horizontal and landed with all my weight on my right elbow. The cracks and pops were loud, the pain was horrendous. I broke my shoulder.

Abbey Marie
03-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Sorry Jim! I slipped too, and pulled my knee. Your fall sounded much more spectacular.

Love DD coffee; I hope you did save it.

jackass
03-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Sorry to hear it Jim. Heres my story. Woke up this morning..got dressed. Put on some shorts and a t-shirt. Man that was a mistake. It was about 55 degrees out there at 4:30 this morning. Brrrrr!!! The stars were out and not a cloud in the sky. Man. Next time I may have to put on a long sleeve t-shirt for the walk to the car!! :finger3:

Mr. P
03-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear it Jim. Heres my story. Woke up this morning..got dressed. Put on some shorts and a t-shirt. Man that was a mistake. It was about 55 degrees out there at 4:30 this morning. Brrrrr!!! The stars were out and not a cloud in the sky. Man. Next time I may have to put on a long sleeve t-shirt for the walk to the car!! :finger3:

:laugh2:

Gunny
03-19-2007, 08:54 PM

55? Was it snowing?:poke:

manu1959
03-19-2007, 10:32 PM
let me guess it was a one in a million shot.....

Sitarro
03-20-2007, 12:15 AM
It was tough to deal with here too. I'm stuck having to crank up the AC.....

stephanie
03-20-2007, 12:22 AM
It was tough to deal with here too. I'm stuck having to crank up the AC.....

Hey.......we hit 21 above here...
We're breaking out the shorts.......

Their still calling for 20 below zero at night..
But at least we're warming up during the day.......A very good sign...:dance:

remie
03-20-2007, 07:56 AM
I was trout fishing and sorta running along the river bank; hit some tree roots that were slippery as ice. I went horizontal and landed with all my weight on my right elbow. The cracks and pops were load, the pain was horrendous. I broke my shoulder.

Ive got a great mental picture of that as I have done that very thing while trout fishing. I was lucky though as I didnt break anything. My buddies had a good laugh though.

jackass
03-20-2007, 03:09 PM
55? Was it snowing?:poke:

Snow?? In SC?? Now hold on!! Hahaha

dan
03-24-2007, 12:25 PM
You're in SC now? Where?

jackass
03-24-2007, 02:59 PM
You're in SC now? Where?

Yeah shithead..only been down here for 6 months now. Dont worry I didnt post it all over the board. :laugh2: Just kidding. I actually moved down here about the same time as the so called "board wars" I guess. Im sure I got lost in the shuffle. Im in Summerville now. Arent you in Aiken? Near Columbia is it?

dan
03-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Well I'll be damned. I thought you were in Virginia? Ah, whatever, I'm technically in North Augusta, but Aiken is the nearest "big" town, so I just say that. I'm right on the SC/GA border, about 2 hours from you.

jackass
03-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Well I'll be damned. I thought you were in Virginia? Ah, whatever, I'm technically in North Augusta, but Aiken is the nearest "big" town, so I just say that. I'm right on the SC/GA border, about 2 hours from you.

Oh Ok. I am trying to get Jimbo down for a visit before I move again!! Hahaha.
I was in Va....hated it. I think my next stop will be Wilmington, NC.

Hey...Just how bad is the summer here??

Gaffer
03-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Oh Ok. I am trying to get Jimbo down for a visit before I move again!! Hahaha.
I was in Va....hated it. I think my next stop will be Wilmington, NC.

Hey...Just how bad is the summer here??

The summer there...Think hell with a fan.

jackass
03-25-2007, 07:50 PM
The summer there...Think hell with a fan.

Thats what I hear. I think maybe I moved TOO far south.

Gaffer
03-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Thats what I hear. I think maybe I moved TOO far south.

I liked it down there myself, but then I believe I'm part lizard. Me and cold don't go good together.

jackass
03-26-2007, 06:49 AM
I liked it down there myself, but then I believe I'm part lizard. Me and cold don't go good together.

Me and humid are not on speaking terms! :laugh2: