PDA

View Full Version : Burning the American Flag and an effigy of a soldier..In Oregon.

stephanie
03-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Discovered by a reader at Indymedia, this was the scene yesterday in Portland, Oregon, as “anti-war” demonstrators burned not only a US flag, but a US soldier in effigy.

Pictures at their site...

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/

I'm sure a few here will think...........way cool..

LiberalNation
03-19-2007, 07:57 PM
That wasn't very nice. WHy would they want to burn a random soldier in effigy unless they're peace freaks who believe in no war whatsoever for no reason.

stephanie
03-19-2007, 08:13 PM
If they felt so strongly about it.......Why did they have to cover their faces...

Be proud....Stand up......Show your face..

Chickenshits....:poke:

LiberalNation
03-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Agreed. If you believe in something you shouldn't feel the need to hide while doing it.

stephanie
03-19-2007, 08:20 PM
I think I probably know why......They didn't want to get their ass kicked...
I'm surprised they didn't, anyway.

Chickenshits....:

pegwinn
03-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Cowards

Abbey Marie
03-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Again, not really surprising. This is what lib nutters always really feel about our troops. Same cowardly garbage, different war.

Oh, and they hate capitalism, too.

Gaffer
03-19-2007, 09:51 PM
They don't just hate capitalism, they hate everything about America. Our liberal posters will take great pride in this shining example of how they support our troops.

gabosaurus
03-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Probably a LGF reader looking to start sh*t. You can't expect normal people to read stuff like that.
Either that or it is freedom of speech. :cheers2:

Gaffer
03-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Probably a LGF reader looking to start sh*t. You can't expect normal people to read stuff like that.
Either that or it is freedom of speech. :cheers2:

No its hate of this country and the military.

What's always missing from these demonstrations? Condemnation of the islamists. The liberals always attack America, never the ones we are at war with. when they start doing that maybe I will consider giving them a smigeon of credibility.

gabosaurus
03-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Perhaps they merely don't support a conflict that Bush started under bogus means. Or they don't support the crackpots that believe the Bushies are without fallacies.
You can either question the story, or you can line up, work the kneepads and swallow.

manu1959
03-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Perhaps they merely don't support a conflict that Bush started under bogus means. Or they don't support the crackpots that believe the Bushies are without fallacies.
You can either question the story, or you can line up, work the kneepads and swallow.

all you lob senators voted to take out sadam....oh and the slam dunk intel came from..........gerorge tenant....the clinton apponted cia director....care to tell me how he did with respect to....the cole...kobar....wtc i...somalia.....bali....

gabosaurus
03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Amidst the spectre and scorn of Sept. 11, it was easy for lawmakers to believe the Bush line of bullsh*t. Once they got wind of the lies and deceit, the lawmakers were called for flip-flopping.
The only people who still believe the bullsh*t are those who regularly consume the Bush kool-aid -- A Bloody Mary with real blood. Flown in daily from Iraq.

Gaffer
03-19-2007, 10:41 PM

The "bogus means" is just a bunch of crap. The only thing those lefties support is the overthrow of this government.

Are you aware that these groups are sponsored by ANSWER, a communist organization supported by north korea and other communists countries. Next time you get an invite to a demonstration you might ask who's funding it. Follow the money, unless your a commie and don't care.

gabosaurus
03-19-2007, 10:53 PM
The Bushes have followed the money for years. The money from Saudi terrorists, war-mongering defense contractors and the bin Laden family.
I wonder if "Bandar Bush" still communicates with his old pal Osama. He sure as hell isn't trying to find him.

manu1959
03-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Amidst the spectre and scorn of Sept. 11, it was easy for lawmakers to believe the Bush line of bullsh*t. Once they got wind of the lies and deceit, the lawmakers were called for flip-flopping.
The only people who still believe the bullsh*t are those who regularly consume the Bush kool-aid -- A Bloody Mary with real blood. Flown in daily from Iraq.

so you are saying liberal law makers are stupid and wishy washy? ...you got me there

Mr. P
03-19-2007, 11:19 PM
so you are saying liberal law makers are stupid and wishy washy? ...you got me there

Gabby is saying; I’ve been from thread to thread today slinging shit on the wall of each to see if it would stick and this is the best reaction I’ve had.

stephanie
03-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Gabby is saying; I’ve been from thread to thread today slinging shit on the wall of each to see if it would stick and this is the best reaction I’ve had.

Yep..

Gaffer
03-19-2007, 11:29 PM

If her bullshit wasn't three years old it might stick better. About all its good for now is burning.

stephanie
03-20-2007, 01:41 AM
Here's another we love America, we support the troops.......Wow...way cool
Notice these great Americans again have their faces covered..

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/20070318Portland03.jpg

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=24853_Leftists_Supporting_the_Troops&only

GW in Ohio
03-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Discovered by a reader at Indymedia, this was the scene yesterday in Portland, Oregon, as “anti-war” demonstrators burned not only a US flag, but a US soldier in effigy.

Pictures at their site...

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/

I'm sure a few here will think...........way cool..

Stephanie: Actually, there is no one here who opposes Bush's war who would applaud burning the US flag or an American soldier in effigy.

No one......

CockySOB
03-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Stephanie: Actually, there is no one here who opposes Bush's war who would applaud burning the US flag or an American soldier in effigy.

No one......

Not even gabby?

Abbey Marie
03-20-2007, 12:51 PM

No one......

I guess you missed LiberalNation's infamous avatar?

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 02:46 PM
lol hey I wasn't applauding it I was using it.

Mr. P
03-20-2007, 02:52 PM
lol hey I wasn't applauding it I was using it.

I use mine too, but I support what it my avatar stands for. You?

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Depends on what you think the avatar stands for. I'd use a burning effigy of a soldier if I was useing to stand for the right to have unpopular opinions. That's what I used the burning flag for, that's what it stood for to me.

Abbey Marie
03-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Depends on what you think the avatar stands for. I'd use a burning effigy of a soldier if I was useing to stand for the right to have unpopular opinions. That's what I used the burning flag for, that's what it stood for to me.

That's quite a stretch.

But if you really want to use an avatar to represent the right to have unpopular opinions, try one that represents fundamental Christianity. ;) Attacking that is all the rage right now.

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 03:02 PM
It wouldn't be unpopular on this board though so it would kinda ruin the point.

Abbey Marie
03-20-2007, 03:05 PM
It wouldn't be unpopular on this board though so it would kinda ruin the point.

You might be surprised.

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 03:07 PM
God hates America avatar maybe from the phelps group.

Mr. P
03-20-2007, 03:07 PM

And what 'you' think it stands for is the problem. What it stands for is NOT an individual decision. In this case it is a National understanding of what it represents, which is why you received so much flack for using it for ‘your’ purposes.

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 03:10 PM
No what you think it stands for is what it's representing for you and yeah I knew I'd take flak for it. Wasn't a problem. After all it was an unpopular image.

Abbey Marie
03-20-2007, 03:13 PM
No what you think it stands for is what it's representing for you and yeah I knew I'd take flak for it. Wasn't a problem. After all it was an unpopular image.

Since we can't possibly figure out what your images mean, would you mind explaining your current avatar to us?

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I just thought this one looked cool. not sure what it means but its a irl protesting something about the US.

Mr. P
03-20-2007, 03:18 PM
I just thought this one looked cool. not sure what it means but its a irl protesting something about the US.

There ya go. No clue, it's cool. :slap:

Abbey Marie
03-20-2007, 03:26 PM

First, she kind of looks like you...

Second, to me, in my ignorance, I thought it represented America stifling free speech. Makes no sense in this land of unprecendented freedoms, but there you go.

Anyway, it looks very clear in a small space, so that's a plus for any avatar.

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 03:50 PM
There ya go. No clue, it's cool. :slap:
lol now whats wrong with coold besides that I figued it represented America, blind and mute.

Abbey Marie
03-20-2007, 04:02 PM
lol now whats wrong with coold besides that I figued it represented America, blind and mute.

Good lord, what kind of brainwashing are they teaching you in school? You need an intervention!

gabosaurus
03-20-2007, 04:13 PM

If you changed it to "blind, mute and ignorant," you could take in a large percentage of conservative Republicans.

Nukeman
03-20-2007, 06:18 PM
If you changed it to "blind, mute and ignorant," you could take in a large percentage of conservative Republicans.

If you changed it to easily lead, stupid, brainwashed, lazy, and government dependent than you would have the perfect Democrat. Ohh wait they have a whole slew of them already...

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Well if ya want easy to read the meaning avatars here's this one.

pegwinn
03-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Good lord, what kind of brainwashing are they teaching you in school? You need an intervention!

Or College students, faculty, and admins.

If you changed it to easily lead, stupid, brainwashed, lazy, and government dependent than you would have the perfect Democrat. Ohh wait they have a whole slew of them already...

:laugh2: What few rep points I got to give you gettum. That was hilarious.

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 09:33 PM
These 'peace marcher pics' apear more to reflect a group upset with the Israel US connection more so than just being "peace marchers". I think so people are tryin to take them a bit out of context and label them to the entire peace movement.

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 09:54 PM
lol are we getting into specifics here or somethin. laid/sex whatever.

pegwinn
03-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Israel?

Puhleeeeeeeez:lame2:

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 10:49 PM
looking at pics you see an anarchist group with the fuck the troops banner and the people burning the soldier and flag have anti-Israel banners with them.

pegwinn
03-20-2007, 11:03 PM
looking at pics you see an anarchist group with the fuck the troops banner and the people burning the soldier and flag have anti-Israel banners with them.

You didn't see all the pics. Go to the LGF story and backtrack to its' source. Look at the 180 odd pics there. You will see anti corporate logos, cops, people defacing public property, flags being burned, fuck the troops, anti Israeli signage, and basically a bunch of new age hippies who need to get thier shit in one bag. You may be right about the anarchists for all I know. What I do know is that one episode like this paints the entire group with the same sign.

Sitarro
03-21-2007, 05:08 AM
I see that these faggots are doing that shit in Portland, let them come to Houston and test that free speech bullshit. There would be more than a few duellies running over their chicken shit asses, Texans don't put up with traitorous shitheads. We have our rights to free speech too and I would imagine it would look a lot like a bunch of firehoses set on stun to help those clowns put out those fires, might drown a few anarchists in the process but hey, that's our right.

mundame
03-22-2007, 10:09 AM
I'd use a burning effigy of a soldier if I was useing to stand for the right to have unpopular opinions. That's what I used the burning flag for, that's what it stood for to me.

I can see using an avatar of a burning flag to mean the right (and intention) to have unpopular opinions.......... better to burn cloth than to kill people.

A burning soldier, though, isn't that inciting to harm our troops? Who are people ---- could be a problem, advertising harming people.

Seems to me advertising a burning soldier is the same as an avatar of a burning cross on someone's lawn, or a lynching photo, or a mock-up of shooting Bush ------------- doesn't that go past controversial into the realm of advocating crime?

http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/2.gif

gabosaurus
03-22-2007, 11:29 AM
I see that these faggots are doing that shit in Portland, let them come to Houston and test that free speech bullshit. There would be more than a few duellies running over their chicken shit asses, Texans don't put up with traitorous shitheads. We have our rights to free speech too and I would imagine it would look a lot like a bunch of firehoses set on stun to help those clowns put out those fires, might drown a few anarchists in the process but hey, that's our right.

Good to see that Houston still has its share of redneck activists who don't believe in the Constitution. Which also protects your rights to stage Klan rallies.

LiberalNation
03-22-2007, 02:32 PM
I don't think it would really be advocating violence against soldiers or a soldier since it didn't have a face. More of just a symbol against war using a soldier to represent it.

mundame
03-23-2007, 09:54 AM
I don't think it would really be advocating violence against soldiers or a soldier since it didn't have a face. More of just a symbol against war using a soldier to represent it.

Doesn't work for me. I would leave a march that acted out attacks on people: American soldiers, or Bush, or anyone.

Flowers in rifle barrels makes sense. Burning effigies of American soldiers? Offensive. :salute: