PDA

View Full Version : 89-year-old charged with keeping kids' ball

LiberalNation
10-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Wow, they called the cops and got the mean old woman arrested. Talk about escalating something that didn't need to be. The kids should just keep their balls out of her yard.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081020/ap_on_re_us/odd_football_charge

BLUE ASH, Ohio – Police in Ohio say an 89-year-old woman is facing a charge of petty theft because neighborhood children accuse her of refusing to give back their football.

Edna Jester was arrested last week in the Cincinnati suburb of Blue Ash.

Police say one child's father complained that Jester kept the youngsters' ball after it landed in her yard. Police Capt. James Schaffer says there has been an ongoing dispute in the neighborhood over kids' balls landing in the woman's yard.

Jester said Monday she has received many calls and didn't have time to discuss the matter any more.

Jester is to appear in court next month. The maximum penalty for a petty theft conviction in Ohio is six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

krisy
10-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Blue Ash is about 20 minutes from where I live. I'm watching it on the local news now. The lady thinks they purposely throw the ball in her yard...which I doubt. She also says one cop told her to keep the balls,and another one arrests her for it. She could lighten up a bit,but most definitely should not have been arrested.