PDA

View Full Version : I'm Not Commenting On This

Kathianne
10-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Not the subject or the timing:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/ap_on_el_pr/obama_grandmother

Obama leaving campaign trail to visit grandmother
By JENNIFER LOVEN, Associated Press Writer Jennifer Loven, Associated Press Writer 10 mins ago

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama is canceling nearly all his campaign events Thursday and Friday to fly to Hawaii to visit his suddenly gravely ill 85-year-old grandmother, a spokesman said.

Robert Gibbs told reporters aboard Obama's plane that Madelyn Payne Dunham, who helped raise Obama, was released from the hospital late last week. But he said her health had deteriorated "to the point where her situation is very serious."

Events originally planned for Madison, Wis., and Des Moines, Iowa, on Thursday will be replaced with one in Indianapolis before he makes the long flight to Hawaii. On Friday, Obama's wife, Michelle, will sub for Obama at rallies in Akron and Columbus, in Ohio, said campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki. Obama was expected to resume campaigning on Saturday, at an undecided location in the West, she said.

"Sen. Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, has always been one of the most important people in his life, along with his mother and his grandfather," Gibbs said. "Recently his grandmother has become ill and in the last few weeks her health has deteriorated to the point where her situation is very serious. It is for that reason that Sen. Obama has decided to change his schedule on Thursday and Friday so that he can see her and spend some time with her."

Citing the family's desire for privacy, Gibbs would not discuss the nature of Dunham's illness. It seemed likely that she was close to death, as Gibbs said that "everyone understands the decision that Sen. Obama is making." Dunham turns 86 on Sunday....

stephanie
10-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Here's hoping his grandmother gets better..

LiberalNation
10-20-2008, 09:18 PM
So you think it's a campaign stunt? Have we become that cynical.

Doubt it, she is really old and just out of the hospital.

crin63
10-20-2008, 09:31 PM
I honestly hope his grandmother is okay.

Maybe he will pick up his birth certificate while he is there for the lawsuits against him. I realize its pretty tough to produce a birth certificate to the courts when you only have the most attorneys anyone has ever heard of working for you, not to mention all the staff and the DNC. :coffee:

stephanie
10-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh oh, I've been reading where the birth certificate thing is coming to head in Hawaii..

now the rumors are flying..

No1tovote4
10-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh oh, I've been reading where the birth certificate thing is coming to head in Hawaii..

Got a link?

crin63
10-20-2008, 10:04 PM

I hadn't heard that. I just figured the Manchurian Candidate has something to hide since he wont just send someone from his army of lawyers with his birth certificate to the courts and just end the lawsuits.
Hmmm, it also makes one wonder why he is pressuring everyone to run out and vote today.

stephanie
10-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Contrarian Commentary
Just another WordPress.com weblog
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Obama’s Hawaii Years: The truth finally revealedHawai’i Supreme Court asked to issue emergency writ opening secret Obama birth files
Honolulu News Conference: Monday October 20
Emergency Petition in Hawai’i Supreme Court seeks to expedite release of Barack Obama’s family records
Supreme Court filing supplements and expands on Circuit Court lawsuit

ANDY MARTIN
Executive Editor
ContrarianCommentary.com

“Factually Correct, Not
Politically Correct”

ATTENTION: DAYBOOK/ASSIGNMENT EDITORS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

OBAMA HAWAII INVESTIGATION MOVES INTO HIGHER GEAR WITH EMERGENCY HAWAI’I SUPREME COURT PETITION SEEKING TO EXPEDITE RELEASE OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND RELATED RECORDS

INVESTIGATOR ANDY MARTIN WILL OUTLINE THE PROGRESS OF HIS INVESTIGATION AND PROJECTED NEWS PEGS OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS.

(HONOLULU, HI)(October 20, 2008) The leader of the national anti-Obama movement, legendary Chicago Internet columnist and Obama author Andy Martin, will hold a Honolulu news conference today, October 20, 2008 to announce he has asked the Hawai’i Supreme Court to entertain an emergency writ expediting the release of Senator Barack Obama’s secret birth records.

A copy of the Petition will be posted on Martin’s blogs later today after it is docketed by the Supreme Court. The Hawai’i Supreme Court petition supplements and expands on a lawsuit filed Friday, October 18th in the Circuit Court of Hawai’i.

Martin is due back in New York on Friday, October 24th for network television interviews.

http://contrariancommentary.wordpress.com/2008/10/20/hawai%E2%80%99i-supreme-court-asked-to-issue-emergency-writ-opening-secret-obama-birth-files/

10-20-2008, 10:25 PM
I hope his grandmothers alright. I dont doubt she is ill and will get better.

However, I dont believe he is not going to try to use this to get votes. Mostly because he hasnt had a problem using his mothers death to get votes. Why should his grandmother being sick do anything

stephanie
10-20-2008, 10:28 PM
I hate to be so suspicious..

but everything about this man-boy has been secretive and suspicious..

and the Democrats aren't beneath using someones illness for their own political benefit..

Mr. P
10-20-2008, 11:08 PM
I hate to be so suspicious..

but everything about this man-boy has been secretive and suspicious..

and the Democrats aren't beneath using someones illness for their own political benefit..

illness? Vince Foster might disagree with that. :laugh2:

Yurt
10-20-2008, 11:24 PM
i hope his typical white person grandmother makes it

DragonStryk72
10-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Contrarian Commentary
Just another WordPress.com weblog
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Obama’s Hawaii Years: The truth finally revealedHawai’i Supreme Court asked to issue emergency writ opening secret Obama birth files
Honolulu News Conference: Monday October 20
Emergency Petition in Hawai’i Supreme Court seeks to expedite release of Barack Obama’s family records
Supreme Court filing supplements and expands on Circuit Court lawsuit

ANDY MARTIN
Executive Editor
ContrarianCommentary.com

“Factually Correct, Not
Politically Correct”

ATTENTION: DAYBOOK/ASSIGNMENT EDITORS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

OBAMA HAWAII INVESTIGATION MOVES INTO HIGHER GEAR WITH EMERGENCY HAWAI’I SUPREME COURT PETITION SEEKING TO EXPEDITE RELEASE OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND RELATED RECORDS

INVESTIGATOR ANDY MARTIN WILL OUTLINE THE PROGRESS OF HIS INVESTIGATION AND PROJECTED NEWS PEGS OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS.

(HONOLULU, HI)(October 20, 2008) The leader of the national anti-Obama movement, legendary Chicago Internet columnist and Obama author Andy Martin, will hold a Honolulu news conference today, October 20, 2008 to announce he has asked the Hawai’i Supreme Court to entertain an emergency writ expediting the release of Senator Barack Obama’s secret birth records.

A copy of the Petition will be posted on Martin’s blogs later today after it is docketed by the Supreme Court. The Hawai’i Supreme Court petition supplements and expands on a lawsuit filed Friday, October 18th in the Circuit Court of Hawai’i.

Martin is due back in New York on Friday, October 24th for network television interviews.

http://contrariancommentary.wordpress.com/2008/10/20/hawai%E2%80%99i-supreme-court-asked-to-issue-emergency-writ-opening-secret-obama-birth-files/

Okay, so to sum up, some jackass in Hawaii decided that, without any evidentiary support or reasoning, he would simply sue for Obama's Birth Certificate, just cuz. I'm sorry, I don't see why he should respond. It would just as jackassed to assume I have the right to check McCain's birth certificate, or Palin's (Afterall, she is right next to Russia up there)

These last couple of weeks of the campaign seem to be raising tensions way too high up there, and seriously, it's not really gonna change much of anything at this point.

Yurt
10-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Okay, so to sum up, some jackass in Hawaii decided that, without any evidentiary support or reasoning, he would simply sue for Obama's Birth Certificate, just cuz. I'm sorry, I don't see why he should respond. It would just as jackassed to assume I have the right to check McCain's birth certificate, or Palin's (Afterall, she is right next to Russia up there)

These last couple of weeks of the campaign seem to be raising tensions way too high up there, and seriously, it's not really gonna change much of anything at this point.

go and ask them...mccain was already asked for his and presented not only the cert, but further medical records to substantiate his qualification for office...

mccain didn't throw a hissy fit

Gaffer
10-21-2008, 05:21 AM

My only question is, what's so difficult about showing his birth certificate? I can produce mine. In fact I need to produce it for some jobs I have had. Is thee some exemption for presidential candidates. The only reason for not producing it is he has something to hide.

Yurt
10-21-2008, 07:58 PM
the more press i see on this, the more suspect i become that he WANTED to go back there...and i only hope this is not staged, but the press keeps printing and wow, his relationship with his grandmother is all of a sudden heavenly

no longer is she a grandma thrown under the bus, no longer is she a typical white person....she is more than a rock, she is the foundation for that rock
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/ap_on_el_pr/obama_grandmother;_ylt=AlTdyaEHV9rLpx40ImvwXZ8EtbA F

tin foil hat time:

having trouble with the white voters, probably pissed a lot off with his typical white person comment, especially about grandma

time to close the deal, time to ("suspend"/take time off, same thing, except obama is keeping the $$ and phone lines open) the campaign to visit grandma

but let's ridicule mccain for suspending his campaign to be a full time senator...

Kathianne
10-21-2008, 08:05 PM
So you think it's a campaign stunt? Have we become that cynical.

Doubt it, she is really old and just out of the hospital.

Wow, couldn't resist throwing in a dig when none was due? Truth is, not one word of such was spoken, in the two posts above yours.

Yurt
10-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Wow, couldn't resist throwing in a dig when none was due? Truth is, not one word of such was spoken, in the two posts above yours.

i guess she has become that cynical

stephanie
10-21-2008, 09:19 PM
I remember many moons ago, I was young and naive..

now look at me...:coffee:

Immanuel
10-21-2008, 09:21 PM
I remember many moons ago, I was young and naive..

now look at me...:coffee:

And that is one I'm not commenting on. :D

Immie

DragonStryk72
10-21-2008, 09:26 PM
My only question is, what's so difficult about showing his birth certificate? I can produce mine. In fact I need to produce it for some jobs I have had. Is thee some exemption for presidential candidates. The only reason for not producing it is he has something to hide.

Okay, bring it to me. What? you don't want to? You're not my dancing monkey? Why throw such a hissy fit?

Or, just a thought, he isn't pandering, and, since the man sueing has no right to his birth certificate (Being of absolutely no official office, as "Stop Obama Now" is not a government office), he has as much right to Obama's cert as I have to yours.

It's stupid and irrelevant, and answering his claim either way only lends credence to future idiots who want to look important for 10 minutes.

DragonStryk72
10-21-2008, 09:31 PM
the more press i see on this, the more suspect i become that he WANTED to go back there...and i only hope this is not staged, but the press keeps printing and wow, his relationship with his grandmother is all of a sudden heavenly

no longer is she a grandma thrown under the bus, no longer is she a typical white person....she is more than a rock, she is the foundation for that rock
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/ap_on_el_pr/obama_grandmother;_ylt=AlTdyaEHV9rLpx40ImvwXZ8EtbA F

tin foil hat time:

having trouble with the white voters, probably pissed a lot off with his typical white person comment, especially about grandma

time to close the deal, time to ("suspend"/take time off, same thing, except obama is keeping the $$ and phone lines open) the campaign to visit grandma

but let's ridicule mccain for suspending his campaign to be a full time senator...

This isn't a scandal, Yurt. Obama turning down some random jackass who decided that, apparently, the presidential candidate is his personal dancing monkey is not against anything, anything at all. The only it says is he's got better stuff to do.

We see this crap, and somehow, we begin to go, "Well it's in court, so it must be serious. The guy must be bringing some serious evidence of something." When really, there's as much foundation to this as there is to that idiotic million dollar suit against McDonald's cause the coffee was too hot and the lady spilled in on herself while driving. Same degree of seriousness.

Kathianne
10-21-2008, 09:33 PM
This isn't a scandal, Yurt. Obama turning down some random jackass who decided that, apparently, the presidential candidate is his personal dancing monkey is not against anything, anything at all. The only it says is he's got better stuff to do.

We see this crap, and somehow, we begin to go, "Well it's in court, so it must be serious. The guy must be bringing some serious evidence of something." When really, there's as much foundation to this as there is to that idiotic million dollar suit against McDonald's cause the coffee was too hot and the lady spilled in on herself while driving. Same degree of seriousness.

I've never considered this a 'serious issue.' I've said it and caused some hard feelings along the way.

Seems I may have been wrong, since it's causing such a stir among the politically aware. Looking at the number of posts from yourself and MFM, is an indication that there is more than smoke.

stephanie
10-21-2008, 09:33 PM
And that is one I'm not commenting on. :D

Immie

I was trying to make a point about our youngster on the board..

it didn't come out to good, did it...:laugh2:

crin63
10-21-2008, 10:11 PM
According to the lefts hero, Phillip J. Berg, Obama has admitted to being born in Kenya because he never responded to the Requests for Admissions.

(Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania – 10/21/08) - Philip J. Berg, Esquire, the Attorney who filed suit against Barack H. Obama challenging Senator Obama’s lack of “qualifications” to serve as President of the United States, announced today that Obama and tbe DNC “ADMITTED”, by way of failure to timely respond to Requests for Admissions, all of the numerous specific requests in the Federal lawsuit. Obama is “NOT QUALIFIED” to be President and therefore Obama must immediately withdraw his candidacy for President and the DNC shall substitute a qualified candidate. The case is Berg v. Obama, No. 08-cv-04083.

http://www.obamacrimes.com/

Yurt
10-22-2008, 12:02 AM

idiotic million dollar suit against mcdonalds...i suggest you get out more

that lady had severe burns that required skin grafts, mcd's knew about the hot temperatures as they had previous burns but they did nothing...her injuries were severe, but i am not surprised uninformed people like you would make ignorant assumptions

as to obama, i have always maintained that he is most likely a citizen and this is a non-issue...however, now that someone has brought it to court and now that the press is actually running with it, i would think that to a reasonable person that one might rethink whether this issue is really a non-issue...

if someone filed a frivolous claim against me and i had the proof to squash them, i'd go to court, file an answer, attach my evidence and ask for sanctions and don't say...oh, only a lawyer would think like that....BECAUSE obama is a lawyer, harvard trained :laugh2:

10-22-2008, 01:24 AM
idiotic million dollar suit against mcdonalds...i suggest you get out more

that lady had severe burns that required skin grafts, mcd's knew about the hot temperatures as they had previous burns but they did nothing...her injuries were severe, but i am not surprised uninformed people like you would make ignorant assumptions

as to obama, i have always maintained that he is most likely a citizen and this is a non-issue...however, now that someone has brought it to court and now that the press is actually running with it, i would think that to a reasonable person that one might rethink whether this issue is really a non-issue...

if someone filed a frivolous claim against me and i had the proof to squash them, i'd go to court, file an answer, attach my evidence and ask for sanctions and don't say...oh, only a lawyer would think like that....BECAUSE obama is a lawyer, harvard trained :laugh2:

im aware of the facts of the McDonalds case and i still dont think she should have gotten the pay out. Ive always been of the opinion that strict liability should have an equity doctrine of clean hands. If, because of your negligence, you cause injury to yourself, I dont see why the corporation should pay for it in strict liability. I know the courts have essentially ignored such arguments. But its just never seemed just to hold the corporations responsible for damages the individual caused through their neglect simply because some judges decided it was good public policy to.

It just doesnt make sense to say that ones bad actions shouldnt negate strict liability and then turn around and say that putting a warning label on something makes is alright.

okay im done my rant for now.

Immanuel
10-22-2008, 06:46 AM
I was trying to make a point about our youngster on the board..

it didn't come out to good, did it...:laugh2:

No, it didn't, but if I knew you better, you probably would have :slap:ed me when I commented. Then again, if I knew you better maybe you'd appreciate being young again... I know I would :D

What's that saying? If only I were young again and know what I know now!

Immie

theHawk
10-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Is this the same 'typical white' woman who is afraid of negros?

Nukeman
10-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Actually he had to go to hawaii to get that darn bus tire off her chest, it's killing her and he's the one that threw her under it in the first place. must be feeling a little guilty!!!!:laugh2:

Binky
10-22-2008, 03:20 PM

Exactly! I've had mine since I was 18 and I'm now 61. I know exactly where I have it and can go right to it with no problem. If the birth certifcate is legit, then there certainly shouldn't be any problem in producing it.

I smell something stinky going on here. If he gets elected, then he'll come up with one asap, until then, nada. So much for a job prerequist.

Yurt
10-22-2008, 03:46 PM
what is even more comical is how mfm claims to have read obama's books and then spouts off that obama's mother lost or probably lost his birth certificate when obama wrote about having it in HS :laugh2:

LiberalNation
11-03-2008, 05:01 PM
That is sad, he'll have trouble enjoying the victory now.

Obama's grandmother dies a day before election

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081103/ap_on_el_pr/obama_grandmother;_ylt=ApFFqIUSwy4ojfi5p78ttotvzwc F

HONOLULU – A day before the presidential election, Barack Obama announced the death Monday of his grandmother, who helped raise him and who he praised as the cornerstone of his family. The Democratic presidential candidate announced the news in a joint statement with his sister Maya Soetoro-Ng. He said his grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, had died peacefully after a battle with cancer.

He said: "She was the cornerstone of our family, and a woman of extraordinary accomplishment, strength, and humility. She was the person who encouraged and allowed us to take chances."

The candidate learned of her death Monday morning while he was campaigning in Jacksonville, Fla. He planned to go ahead with campaign appearances.

Late last month, Obama took a break from campaigning and flew to Hawaii to be with the 86-year-old Dunham.

Obama said the decision to go to Hawaii was easy to make, telling CBS that he "got there too late" when his mother died of ovarian cancer in 1995 at 53, and wanted to make sure "that I don't make the same mistake twice."

5stringJeff
11-03-2008, 06:00 PM
At least he got to see her in her last days. I'm sure he said his farewells then.