PDA

View Full Version : Activists attack crew of ship that saved their lives

LiberalNation
03-19-2007, 08:13 PM
I really can't stand some of the animal rights activist antics. Assholes, there willingness to hurt other people for the animals doesn't make much sense.

http://asp.usatoday.com/community/othervoices/default.aspx?bbPostId=CzArNVG1W1X35CzEglkQCpcSeeBA EoAEtwDGjdCz4GiTEJwQOiP&req=blogburst&tag=news

In February two anti-whaling activists created a plan to attack a Japanese whaling ship near Antarctica with a bottle of acid and a smoke bomb. One activist was from Australia and the other was from Los Angeles.

Unfortunately the pair got lost in the fog while in their small dinghy and ended up being rescued with the help of several boats. One of the boats was the Japanese Whaler that they had planned to attack.

Once the activists were safe they thanked the Japanese crew, but one said, “I guess we’re back on schedule, and we’ll be pursuing you again.”

A short time later, the activists approached the whaler and tossed the acid onto the deck. Two crew members were injured in the attack.

I’m against whaling but injuring people that just possibly saved your life is just cruel.