PDA

View Full Version : Election Fraud, Ohio, & DOJ

Kathianne
10-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Best detail yet on why SCOTUS ruled the way they did and the repercussions:

http://www.dcexaminer.com/opinion/columns/QuinHillyer/Quin-essential_cases_No_Righting_Voting_Wrongs_in_Ohio. html

Quin-essential cases: No Righting Voting Wrongs in Ohio

By Quin Hillyer
Examiner Columnist | 10/21/08 5:30 AM

Topping the list of most important legal cases this election year may be one in which the Supreme Court did not rule, and about which the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) turned a blind eye to justice. Rampant voter fraud may well result.

The nation’s highest court ruled Friday that, for now, a federal district court cannot force Ohio’s Secretary of State to enforce federal elections laws that she is flagrantly ignoring. Oddly enough, the Supreme Court is right: A loophole allows the Secretary of State to make a mockery of the law – unless and until DOJ steps in.

But DOJ is so busy suppressing political speech that it can’t be bothered with enforcing voting laws. This is especially true for voting laws that inconvenience the campaign of Barack Obama – to whom top DoJ election lawyers have given large campaign donations.

If Attorney General Michael Mukasey doesn’t step in, he’s a virtual accessory to the crime....

Yet Mukasey is nowhere to be found, perhaps because the career attorneys in his Civil Rights Division seem to lean well to the political left.

Consider the California case in which the division’s lawyers have actually indicted former Republican congressional candidate Tan Nguyen for making “misleading statements to investigators.”

About what? Nguyen was tangentially involved with sending a letter that urged Latino citizens to vote but warned that illegal immigrants could be prosecuted if they tried to vote.

Every word in the letter was true. But DOJ investigators were more interested in cracking down on the people who wrote the letter – a legitimate expression of free-speech rights – than on the illegal immigrants who may be voting.

The kicker: The DOJ attorney on the case, former Ted Kennedy-affiliated lawyer James Walsh, is as contributor to the Obama campaign, as is his boss, former ACLU attorney Mark Kappelhoff.

In all, DOJ lawyers and staff in the metro area have donated at least $150,000 to Obama.
No wonder they seem more interested in prosecuting those who warn against vote fraud than enforcing vote-fraud laws.

Now, let’s return to the Ohio case. Again, there are some 200,000 discrepancies that the Secretary of State won’t help clear up. And nationwide there are a growing number of counties with more people registered to vote than there are actual voting-age adults in the county. What’s going on?

The Wall Street Journal’s John Fund reported from Ohio that “local election officials tell me the volume of possibly fraudulent registrations will make it difficult to process those that are valid.”

The goal: “deliberate chaos in the election system,” which the perpetrators “can then exploit on Election Day to demand that suspect votes be given the benefit of the doubt and counted.”

Mukasey, though, sees no evil – despite the Supreme Court’s public invitation for DOJ to step in – and the law in Ohio goes unenforced.

Gaffer
10-21-2008, 07:28 AM
If obamanation wins it will be because of this kind of fraud. It's disgusting when the federal government won't investigate fraud. The moles are all in place and starting to take action.

theHawk
10-21-2008, 07:38 AM
Its scary to think Obama already has so much power within the DoJ already. After he is done firing everyone and implants more that act like these thugs already there we'll be looking at an American Secret Police. Freedom of speech has already been under assault by the Obama camp during this election, by the direction its going, we'll completely lose it during an Obama administration.

red states rule
10-21-2008, 07:58 AM
http://cygo.com/dd.jpg

red states rule
10-21-2008, 08:13 AM
You can't make this stuff up........

Voter registration materials mailed to dead Illinois goldfish

sCHICAGO (AP) — The only "agent of change" Princess ever supported was the person who freshened the water in her fishbowl.
So election officials in Chicago's northern suburbs want to know why voter registration material was sent to the dead goldfish.

"I am just stunned at the level of people compromising the integrity of the voting process," said Lake County Clerk Willard Helander, a Republican, who said she has spotted problems with nearly 1,000 voter registrations this year.

Beth Nudelman, who owned the fish, said Princess may have landed on a mailing list because the family once filled in the pet's name when they got a second phone line for a computer.

"There was no fraud involved," said Nudelman, a Democrat who supports Barack Obama. "This person is a dead fish."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2008-10-21-dead-goldfish-voter-registration_N.htm

krisy
10-21-2008, 08:42 AM
There are a lot of Ohians that are not happy right now ,with this situation. Why is it when Republicans have legitmate claims with proof of fraud....it is ignored. I wish Ken Blackwell were still our SOS.

red states rule
10-21-2008, 08:45 AM
There are a lot of Ohians that are not happy right now ,with this situation. Why is it when Republicans have legitmate claims with proof of fraud....it is ignored. I wish Ken Blackwell were still our SOS.

It appears that Dems will do everything in their power to gloss over any accusations of voter fraud, unless it's aimed against Republicans.

Whenever I've voted here in PA, I've not had to show an ID; I've just had to tell them my address and sign my name. This loosening of voter oversight has resulted in the attempts at massive voter fraud that we're seeing around the country.

But it's OK - Dems are stealing it for the messiah

GW in Ohio
10-21-2008, 03:11 PM
If obamanation wins it will be because of this kind of fraud. It's disgusting when the federal government won't investigate fraud. The moles are all in place and starting to take action.

Naw.

If (when) Obama wins, gaffer, it'll be because he's preferred by the voters all across the country, including in states that are normally considered "safe" for the GOP.

krisy
10-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Naw.

If (when) Obama wins, gaffer, it'll be because he's preferred by the voters all across the country, including in states that are normally considered "safe" for the GOP.

It's hard to believe that will be the case in Ohio. Why wouldn't a Democratic Sec of State want to look into 200,000 voter descrepancies? Is there something there she doesn't want to find that might take votes away from Obama? Or,is it because she is too lazy to do her job? With all the suppsed outrage of voter fraud since 2000,why wouldnt she jump on this?

GW in Ohio
10-21-2008, 06:38 PM
It's hard to believe that will be the case in Ohio. Why wouldn't a Democratic Sec of State want to look into 200,000 voter descrepancies? Is there something there she doesn't want to find that might take votes away from Obama? Or,is it because she is too lazy to do her job? With all the suppsed outrage of voter fraud since 2000,why wouldnt she jump on this?

I think it's probably laziness.

But either way, McCain is screwed in Ohio.

20 electoral votes....

Cha ching! In the Obama column.....

:cheers2::cheers2:

red states rule
10-22-2008, 06:26 AM
I think it's probably laziness.

But either way, McCain is screwed in Ohio.

20 electoral votes....

Cha ching! In the Obama column.....

:cheers2::cheers2:

Only if the Dems are allowed to count their dead, mulitiple, and fictitious voters

GW in Ohio
10-22-2008, 07:36 AM

While it appears that some of the Acorn workers were lazy (they were paid for each potential voter they provided) and put down names from the phone book, listed Mickey Mouse as a voter, and added the same guy 17 times, none of that constitutes vote fraud. It isn't vote fraud until someone actually shows up on election day and casts a fraudulent ballot.

People will still have to show up to vote, and show proof at the polls that they're registered voters who live in Ohio. Mickey Mouse won't be showing up to vote. And the guy who was listed 17 times will only be able to vote once, and then only if he's properly registered.

But don't let that stop you from whining. I realize you have little else to work with except character assassination and whining about vote fraud.

red states rule
10-22-2008, 07:38 AM
While it appears that some of the Acorn workers were lazy (they were paid for each potential voter they provided) and put down names from the phone book, listed Mickey Mouse as a voter, and added the same guy 17 times, none of that constitutes vote fraud. It isn't vote fraud until someone actually shows up on election day and casts a fraudulent ballot.

People will still have to show up to vote, and show proof at the polls that they're registered voters who live in Ohio. Mickey Mouse won't be showing up to vote. And the guy who was listed 17 times will only be able to vote once, and then only if he's properly registered.

But don't let that stop you from whining. I realize you have little else to work with except character assassination and whining about vote fraud.

Sorry, most people do NOT have to show an ID to vote. Dems have opposed that for years

If Obama needs some votes somewhere, Dem poll workers can easily fil out the ballot and get him the votes he needs

Immanuel
10-22-2008, 07:52 AM

That's right, but unfortunately, it appears that the DOJ might not be interested in prosecuting vote fraud this time around. That is the problem with conflicts of interest.

Of course, the OP quote is opinion and not proof of any actual failures of the DOJ. But, appearance make a difference. I hope the DOJ thouroughly investigates every suspicious registration and prosecutes anyone who commits fraud. I'm not counting on it though.

{edit}

If Obama needs some votes somewhere, Dem poll workers can easily fil out the ballot and get him the votes he needs

It is just as likely that Rep poll workers could do the same thing, but doing so could be hazardous to either sides freedom. It would be extremely stupid for someone to attempt this.

Immie

red states rule
10-22-2008, 08:08 AM
{edit}

It is just as likely that Rep poll workers could do the same thing, but doing so could be hazardous to either sides freedom. It would be extremely stupid for someone to attempt this.

Immie

From what I have seen, only Dems have ben convicted of election fraud. I am not saying Republicans have not did it - but they have not been caught

The Dem Gov of Washington state won when a box of ballots was "found"

Immanuel
10-22-2008, 08:18 AM
From what I have seen, only Dems have ben convicted of election fraud. I am not saying Republicans have not did it - but they have not been caught

Or since the Reps have ruled recently, they weren't prosecuting Rep fraud.

Justice can be selective.

Immie

red states rule
10-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Or since the Reps have ruled recently, they weren't prosecuting Rep fraud.

Justice can be selective.

Immie

Immie, I give you more credit then this. Dems run a majority of the states, and so far only Dems have been caught and convicted of election fraud

I was also taking about legal action at the state level as well

Immanuel
10-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Immie, I give you more credit then this. Dems run a majority of the states, and so far only Dems have been caught and convicted of election fraud

I was also taking about legal action at the state level as well

Dems run most of the states?

Are you sure about that? I haven't checked, but four years ago, the map was very red except for the NE and Far West.

But, you have a point, even those states are left wing and one would think that they would prosecute Rep fraud if they could.

Immie

red states rule
10-22-2008, 08:44 AM

Are you sure about that? I haven't checked, but four years ago, the map was very red except for the NE and Far West.

But, you have a point, even those states are left wing and one would think that they would prosecute Rep fraud if they could.

Immie

I do think Dems have a majority of the states

Here is one example of Dems being convicted in OH (Dems said OH was stolen in this election)

Two Convicted for Ohio Vote Fraud, Media Leaves Out They're Democrats
By Warner Todd Huston (Bio | Archive)
November 6, 2007 - 05:02 ET

We have seen over and over again how the MSM (and the AP in particular) can't seem to force themselves to mention the party affiliation of some elected official accused and/or convicted of a crime if that official happens to be a Democrat. Now the MSM has expanded that from elected officials even to party workers. The AP reports a story on two Democrat election officials convicted of recount rigging and neglect of official duties for their actions during the 2004 elections but, for some hard to determine reason, few if any news sources are mentioning that these two are Democrats. Jacqueline Maiden and Kathleen Dreamer have pleaded guilty to the charges after an aborted conviction from last January, the original trial having been granted a retrial on grounds not connected with the pair's actions.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2007/11/06/2-convicted-vote-fraud-ohio-no-mention-theyre-democrats

GW in Ohio
10-22-2008, 09:48 AM
So far there is no evidence of vote fraud, just a lot of accusations and whining by Republicans.

If you've got evidence of voter fraud, bring it forward.

Otherwise, shut your cake hole.

red states rule
10-22-2008, 09:54 AM
So far there is no evidence of vote fraud, just a lot of accusations and whining by Republicans.

Tell that to ACORN, the FBI, and the 11 states where fraud has happened

krisy
10-22-2008, 10:04 AM

There is signifigant evidence in Ohio,it's being ignored because of a loophole. The story of the conflict on 200,000 voter registrations in Ohio has been posted on this board more than once.

I'm thinking you would be a lot more outraged by this if Obama were the one down in the polls. Ity's not funny,no matter who is being disenfranchised.

Immanuel
10-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Tell that to ACORN, the FBI, and the 11 states where fraud has happened

His point is, and he is right, that there has been no fraud commited in this election because there has been no election. You can't accuse someone of committing vote fraud until AFTER they have voted. Sure, you can accuse ACORN of attempting to flood the offices with so many registrations that they can't possibly investigate all of it, but it is not a crime to register to vote more than once between elections.

Immie

AFbombloader
10-22-2008, 10:08 AM

Immie

Alabama
Bob Riley (R)

Alaska
Sarah Palin (R)

Arizona
Janet Napolitano (D)

Arkansas
Mike Beebe (D)

California
Arnold Schwarzenegger (R)

Colorado
Bill Ritter (D)

Connecticut
M. Jodi Rell (R)

Delaware
Ruth Ann Minner (D)

Florida
Charlie Crist (R)

Georgia
Sonny Perdue (R)

Hawaii
Linda Lingle (R)

Idaho
C.L. “Butch”Otter (R)

Illinois
Rod Blagojevich (D)

Indiana
Mitch Daniels (R)

Iowa
Chet Culver (D)

Kansas
Kathleen Sebelius (D)

Kentucky
Steven L. Beshear (D)

Louisiana
Bobby Jindal (R)

Maine
John Baldacci (D)

Maryland
Martin O’Malley (D)

Massachusetts
Deval Patrick (D)

Michigan
Jennifer Granholm (D)

Minnesota
Tim Pawlenty (R )

Mississippi
Haley Barbour (R)

Missouri
Matt Blunt (R)

Montana
Brian Schweitzer (D)

Nebraska
Dave Heineman (R)

Nevada
Jim Gibbons (R)

New Hampshire
John Lynch (D)

New Jersey
Jon Corzine (D)

New Mexico
Bill Richardson (D)

New York
Eliot Spitzer (D)

North Carolina
Mike Easley (D)

North Dakota
John Hoeven (R)

Ohio
Ted Strickland (D)

Oklahoma
Brad Henry (D)

Oregon
Ted Kulongoski (D)

Pennsylvania
Edward G. Rendell (D)

Rhode Island
Don Carcieri (R)

South Carolina
Mark Sanford (R)

South Dakota
Mike Rounds (R)

Tennessee
Phil Bredesen (D)

Texas
Rick Perry (R)

Utah
Jon Huntsman, Jr. (R)

Vermont
Jim Douglas (R)

Virginia
Tim Kaine (D)

Washington
Chris Gregoire (D)

West Virginia
Joe Manchin III (D)

Wisconsin
Jim Doyle (D)

Wyoming
Dave Freudenthal (D)

http://www.nga.org/Files/pdf/BIOBOOK.pdf

22 (R) and 28 (D) if you were refering to governorships. I don't have which party controls which state legislatures.

AF:salute:

red states rule
10-22-2008, 10:08 AM
There is signifigant evidence in Ohio,it's being ignored because of a loophole. The story of the conflict on 200,000 voter registrations in Ohio has been posted on this board more than once.

I'm thinking you would be a lot more outraged by this if Obama were the one down in the polls. Ity's not funny,no matter who is being disenfranchised.

Krisy we are talking about a liberal who learned his politics in CHICAGO. He knows all about stuffing the ballot box, and Obama TRAINED ACORN on how to get the apps

No1tovote4
10-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Alabama
Bob Riley (R)

Alaska
Sarah Palin (R)

Arizona
Janet Napolitano (D)

Arkansas
Mike Beebe (D)

California
Arnold Schwarzenegger (R)

Colorado
Bill Ritter (D)

Connecticut
M. Jodi Rell (R)

Delaware
Ruth Ann Minner (D)

Florida
Charlie Crist (R)

Georgia
Sonny Perdue (R)

Hawaii
Linda Lingle (R)

Idaho
C.L. “Butch”Otter (R)

Illinois
Rod Blagojevich (D)

Indiana
Mitch Daniels (R)

Iowa
Chet Culver (D)

Kansas
Kathleen Sebelius (D)

Kentucky
Steven L. Beshear (D)

Louisiana
Bobby Jindal (R)

Maine
John Baldacci (D)

Maryland
Martin O’Malley (D)

Massachusetts
Deval Patrick (D)

Michigan
Jennifer Granholm (D)

Minnesota
Tim Pawlenty (R )

Mississippi
Haley Barbour (R)

Missouri
Matt Blunt (R)

Montana
Brian Schweitzer (D)

Nebraska
Dave Heineman (R)

Nevada
Jim Gibbons (R)

New Hampshire
John Lynch (D)

New Jersey
Jon Corzine (D)

New Mexico
Bill Richardson (D)

New York
Eliot Spitzer (D)

North Carolina
Mike Easley (D)

North Dakota
John Hoeven (R)

Ohio
Ted Strickland (D)

Oklahoma
Brad Henry (D)

Oregon
Ted Kulongoski (D)

Pennsylvania
Edward G. Rendell (D)

Rhode Island
Don Carcieri (R)

South Carolina
Mark Sanford (R)

South Dakota
Mike Rounds (R)

Tennessee
Phil Bredesen (D)

Texas
Rick Perry (R)

Utah
Jon Huntsman, Jr. (R)

Vermont
Jim Douglas (R)

Virginia
Tim Kaine (D)

Washington
Chris Gregoire (D)

West Virginia
Joe Manchin III (D)

Wisconsin
Jim Doyle (D)

Wyoming
Dave Freudenthal (D)

http://www.nga.org/Files/pdf/BIOBOOK.pdf

22 (R) and 28 (D) if you were refering to governorships. I don't have which party controls which state legislatures.

AF:salute:
Well, in CO it is the Ds who control both houses, and the judiciary.

We've had a D governor for a long time in CO, except for 8 years of Owens to split them up.

Even when every other official was R pretty much, for some reason CO kept voting in Ds for Governor.