PDA

View Full Version : Spreading the wealth, tax the rich?

Yurt
10-21-2008, 12:11 PM
i wonder what evil these companies have done in order to have obama deem them "worthy" of spreading the wealth:

Seattle
The Emerald City is that rare major metro area near the coast that is not on a nausea-inducing roller-coaster ride. While home prices in Florida and Southern California are in a free fall, homeowners here are experiencing a gentler landing. Of course, that's partly because the ride up was not as euphoric-home prices here peaked at 65 percent above January 2003 levels, compared with more than 95 percent in Los Angeles. Thanks to well-paying mega-employers like Microsoft, Amazon.com and Boeing, unemployment remains under 4 percent. That, in turn, has kept median sales prices from falling far. Just as encouraging:

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/home-prices-now-for-the-good-news.html;_ylc=X3oDMTF0NTRjZTFlBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEX3M DOTc2MjA0NjUEc2VjA2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawNob21lLXByb2Nlc y1nb29kLW5ld3M-

why is it some libs think the corps are evil and must be taxed greater for their profits? do you want these corps gone?

red states rule
10-21-2008, 12:14 PM
From the Michelle Obama book of Economics

“If we don’t wake up as a nation with a new kind of leadership…for how we want this country to work, then we won’t get universal health care”

“The truth is, in order to get things like universal health care and a revamped education system, then someone is going to have to give up a piece of their pie so that someone else can have more.”

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Did you catch that townhall McCain did where he explained all about why the rich pay more in taxes to that Doctor's daughter? I don't think Obama and McCain are that far apart on the tax issue except that for sure I'll be getting a tax cut under an Obama administration and considering McCain's overall package I will be paying more for health insurance if I still have it.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

manu1959
10-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Did you catch that townhall McCain did where he explained all about why the rich pay more in taxes to that Doctor's daughter? I don't think Obama and McCain are that far apart on the tax issue except that for sure I'll be getting a tax cut under an Obama administration and considering McCain's overall package I will be paying more for health insurance if I still have it.

if obama is elected .... in 2010 the bush tax cut you got will expire and your taxes will go up ....

if obama rasies taxes on the rich only and businesses and cuts your taxes beyond what bush did....

rich people and business owners will simply raise prices and you will pay it to them.....

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 05:59 PM
As usual, more bullshit for information from, m'59. Tsk, tsk.....Where do you get that shit from, cowgirl?

if obama is elected .... in 2010 the bush tax cut you got will expire and your taxes will go up ....

if obama rasies taxes on the rich only and businesses and cuts your taxes beyond what bush did....

rich people and business owners will simply raise prices and you will pay it to them.....

Now, back to the question, did you catch that townhall that McCain did and so eloquently explained to that Doctor's daughter why her daddy paid more in taxes?

Kathianne
10-22-2008, 06:06 PM

Oh methinks and others too, that the tax burden will trickle down.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2008/10/obama-and-the-t.html

October 22, 2008
Obama and the Tax Tipping Point

Obama and the Tax Tipping Point: How Long Before Taxpayers Are Pushed Too Far?, by Adam Lerrick:

What happens when the voter in the exact middle of the earnings spectrum receives more in benefits from Washington than he pays in taxes? Economists Allan Meltzer and Scott Richard posed this question 27 years ago. We may soon enough know the answer.

Barack Obama is offering voters strong incentives to support higher taxes and bigger government. This could be the magic income-redistribution formula Democrats have long sought.

Sen. Obama is promising $500 and $1,000 gift-wrapped packets of money in the form of refundable tax credits. These will shift the tax demographics to the tipping point where half of all voters will receive a cash windfall from Washington and an overwhelming majority will gain from tax hikes and more government spending.

In 2006, the latest year for which we have Census data, 220 million Americans were eligible to vote and 89 million -- 40% -- paid no income taxes. ... [T]his will jump to 49% when Mr. Obama's cash credits remove 18 million more voters from the tax rolls. What's more, there are an additional 24 million taxpayers (11% of the electorate) who will pay a minimal amount of income taxes -- less than 5% of their income and less than $1,000 annually.

In all, three out of every five voters will pay little or nothing in income taxes under Mr. Obama's plans and gain when taxes rise on the 40% that already pays 95% of income tax revenues.

The plunder that the Democrats plan to extract from the "very rich" -- the 5% that earn more than $250,000 and who already pay 60% of the federal income tax bill -- will never stretch to cover the expansive programs Mr. Obama promises.

What next? A core group of Obama enthusiasts -- those educated professionals who applaud the "fairness" of their candidate's tax plans -- will soon see their $100,000-$150,000 incomes targeted. As entitlements expand and a self-interested majority votes, the higher tax brackets will kick in at lower levels down the ladder, all the way to households with a $75,000 income.

I am reminded of the poem by Martin Niemöller:

[T]hey came first for [those making $250,000], And I didn’t speak up because I [didn't make $250,000];

And then they came for [those making $150,000], And I didn’t speak up because I [didn't make $150,000];

And then they came for [those making $100,000], And I didn’t speak up because I [didn't make $100,000];

And then . . . they came for me [because I made $75,000] . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up.
:laugh2:
October 22, 2008 in Political News | Permalink

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 06:13 PM
I continue to maintain that John McCain isn't that far away from the Obama tax plan except that the McCain plan won't positively effect me in any way.

Oh methinks and others too, that the tax burden will trickle down.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2008/10/obama-and-the-t.html

I hate to belabor the subject, but did any of you hear that townhall where McCain explained clearly his feelings about the additional tax responsibilities of the wealthy to that Doctor's young daughter?