PDA

View Full Version : Dan Rather - If Palin said what Biden said, it’d be front-page news

red states rule
10-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Dan Rather screwed up on this one folks. He admits liberal media double standards on Bidens recent gaffe

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3MNmswO7AFs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3MNmswO7AFs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

stephanie
10-22-2008, 10:19 AM
very true.

red states rule
10-22-2008, 10:20 AM
very true.

I bet Dan will not be invited back on DNC TV anytime soon. He is deep trouble for telling the truth on live TV

krisy
10-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Anyone can see that the press has literally ignored every dumb thing Biden has said.

Good for Dan for recognizing it.

red states rule
10-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Anyone can see that the press has literally ignored every dumb thing Biden has said.

Good for Dan for recognizing it.

Well in fairness Krisy, if they reported on every dumb thing Biden has said, it would take an entire newspaper; and the entire 30 minutes of the newscast

namvet
10-22-2008, 10:41 AM
our hero. Dan Rathergate :laugh2::laugh2:

stephanie
10-22-2008, 10:43 AM

he musta had a senior moment.:coffee:

red states rule
10-22-2008, 10:45 AM

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/102492.jpg

Trigg
10-22-2008, 12:38 PM
My first thought when I heard this was. Ya they tested Kennedy...found him lacking......and we were looking at the Cuban missile crisis.

manu1959
10-22-2008, 12:45 PM
My first thought when I heard this was. Ya they tested Kennedy...found him lacking......and we were looking at the Cuban missile crisis.

at the time the russian dictator said exactly that......

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=kruschev+says+kennedy+a+little+boy&aq=f&oq=

No1tovote4
10-22-2008, 01:03 PM
The crisis was set off by the Bay of Pigs, which caused Cuba to beg for protection from the Soviets, which then created the meeting in France, Nikita found Kennedy lacking and was sick of missiles right at his door, sent missiles to Cuba unknown to them we had the U-2 plane taking pictures of them...

The rest everybody pretty much knows, except the recent KGB files released at the fall of the USSR stated that the button was twice pushed and the firing failed by the USSR guys in Cub"er" before the cancel order was called and the program dismantled...

Twice.

This was not a "great victory" it was a freaking miracle.

manu1959
10-22-2008, 01:14 PM
The crisis was set off by the Bay of Pigs, which caused Cuba to beg for protection from the Soviets, which then created the meeting in France, Nikita found Kennedy lacking and was sick of missiles right at his door, sent missiles to Cuba unknown to them we had the U-2 plane taking pictures of them...

The rest everybody pretty much knows, except the recent KGB files released at the fall of the USSR stated that the button was twice pushed and the firing failed by the USSR guys in Cub"er" before the cancel order was called and the program dismantled...

Twice.

cuban / soviet technology at its finest...........

Gaffer
10-22-2008, 01:24 PM

Twice.

Could you give me a link on that, I wasn't familiar with the pushing the button twice and want to read more. That's new info for me and I want to check out the details. If you don't have time or can't remember I'll look it up myself.

No1tovote4
10-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Could you give me a link on that, I wasn't familiar with the pushing the button twice and want to read more. That's new info for me and I want to check out the details. If you don't have time or can't remember I'll look it up myself.
I saw it in a class, a documentary of sorts. I don't have a link. Sorry.

Noir
10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Justa quick question, is the news station presenting this story -MSNBC- not the one that is always being slammed on the site by Reps because of its liberal bias?

Gaffer
10-22-2008, 02:30 PM
I saw it in a class, a documentary of sorts. I don't have a link. Sorry.

Thanks anyway No1. I'll just have something to search for tonight. I thought I knew what all went on during that time but occasionally something new pops up.

I was in high school during that time. Everyone was worried, but if they had known what was really going on there would have been a real panic.

10-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Seems like he was actually being honest here...