PDA

View Full Version : The 8 worst apologies ever

Abbey Marie
10-22-2008, 01:21 PM
In light of recent board discussions, a point for discussion...

The 8 worst apologies ever
CNN.com/Living
In fact, one of the most important components of any relationship is the ability to suck it up and apologize every now and again.

It's hardly brain surgery, but who among us hasn't been the recipient of an apology that wound up making you feel even worse than the original transgression?

For something that's basically a no-brainer, there's a bevy of ways to get it very, very wrong.

In fact, the late Randy Pausch's bestseller, "The Last Lecture," has an entire chapter called "A bad apology is worse than no apology."

Now granted, men are definitely more prone to the botched apology (see John Edwards, Bill Clinton, etcetera), but we ladies have also been known to blow an act of contrition on occasion. Here are some apology strategies to avoid:

1. The blame shifter

Witness the number one worst way to say sorry of all time: "I'm sorry you feel that way." Interesting game plan -- blaming the person you're ostensibly making amends to for getting rightfully pissed off at your horrendous behavior. If you're not sorry for your actions, don't apologize...
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal/09/11/tf.bad.apologies/index.html

Yurt
10-22-2008, 03:52 PM
not on the list:

i'm sorry for .......

but i am going to insult you further in this "apology"

Kathianne
10-22-2008, 03:54 PM
not on the list:

i'm sorry for .......

Interesting about the self-reflection about forgiveness and Christ examples a few weeks ago. :smoke:

manu1959
10-22-2008, 03:54 PM
not on the list:

i'm sorry for .......

now the trick is to be able to do this without the other person picking up on on it............

Yurt
10-22-2008, 03:57 PM
now the trick is to be able to do this without the other person picking up on on it............

now that is true...

or also be able to "apologize" but not really apologize for what was asked to be apologized for

he fooled me once and as W says:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." <--- :laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-23-2008, 03:18 AM
I'd appreciate an apology from some of you jerks. As much as you assholes have lied, insinuated and downright fucked me over through these threads and years I think an apology is the least I could expect from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

PostmodernProphet
10-23-2008, 05:35 AM
I'm sorry we insulted you, psycho, but you make it so damned enjoyable.....

retiredman
10-23-2008, 06:23 AM
not on the list:

i'm sorry for .......

I am sorry you apparently didn't really want the apology that you asked for.:laugh2:

Yurt
10-23-2008, 09:20 AM
I am sorry you apparently didn't really want the apology that you asked for.:laugh2:

ignore off, it chops the threads

i did not asked to be insulted further. i asked only you apologize for insulting my wife, thats it. you took it a step further by continuing to insult me regarding anal sex, i did not ask for that and you know that, and i highly doubt this "apology" is any more genuine than the other one.

"preacher" "veteran"

retiredman
10-23-2008, 11:44 AM
I apologized in exactly the way you asked me to and for exactly what you asked me to apologize for. If your request was inaccurate or misleading or poorly worded, you have only yourself to blame for that.

Yurt
10-23-2008, 12:27 PM
I apologized in exactly the way you asked me to and for exactly what you asked me to apologize for. If your request was inaccurate or misleading or poorly worded, you have only yourself to blame for that.

bull, i never asked to you continue insulting, i asked solely for an apology to my wife, do you dispute that? did i ask you to apologize and continue alleging i engage in anal sex? yes or no.

retiredman
10-23-2008, 12:29 PM
bull, i never asked to you continue insulting, i asked solely for an apology to my wife, do you dispute that? did i ask you to apologize and continue alleging i engage in anal sex? yes or no.

go read what you wrote. I responded PRECISELY to your request. And I even went so far as to promise to keep your spouse out of all future conversations.

jackass
10-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Been there done that and the last one was closed