PDA

View Full Version : School paper draws fire for article on sex pals

KarlMarx
03-20-2007, 04:55 AM
MONTROSE, Pa. -- The Montrose Area School District board vowed not to censor its high school newspaper after some district residents complained about the content of an article about having sex with friends.
The article appeared in a February edition of the Montrose Area Junior Senior High School paper The Meteor Chronicle and detailed students' choices and thoughts about "friends with benefits" -- in other words, friends who have sex with each other outside a committed relationship.
The article appeared in the "Life As We Know It" section of the paper, which is a year-long series devoted to informing teens and the community about some of the issues teens face. Previous issues have addressed dysfunctional families, online dating and the morning-after pill.....

remainder of article at

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070320/NEWS01/703200334/1006/

Note: Montrose is only a few miles from where I live. This article was taken from my local paper.

03-20-2007, 11:01 AM
"Friends with benefits" is one of the biggest lies ever fed to teenagers (or adults even)

KitchenKitten99
03-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Without reading the offending article, I can't be sure what to say about it, but based on the description, it sounds like the kids that wrote about it were saying it was a bad thing and mentioned all the negative things that could happen. However if it is published and sent out to schools with younger kids, I think that might not be a good idea, especially if the younger kids get the paper in school and parents don't get a first look at what the paper contains. The high school should have its' own paper for this kind of thing.

KarlMarx
03-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Check out the comments on the article. Some are saying "well, kids will do it anyway"... one said "Let Go and Let God"....

Good thing for them their kids aren't into shooting their parents

03-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Check out the comments on the article. Some are saying "well, kids will do it anyway"... one said "Let Go and Let God"....

Good thing for them their kids aren't into shooting their parents

Some are... but kids will do it anyway so what's it matter?

LiberalNation
03-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Good for the school for not censoring. They did the right thing.

gabosaurus
03-20-2007, 04:11 PM
I love how so many parents and administrators remain in a state of denial. HEY! YOUR KIDS ARE HAVING SEX! And yes, they are lying to you about it.
Perhaps you can get the truth while they are drunk. :cheers2:

Dilloduck
03-20-2007, 07:06 PM
I love how so many parents and administrators remain in a state of denial. HEY! YOUR KIDS ARE HAVING SEX! And yes, they are lying to you about it.
Perhaps you can get the truth while they are drunk. :cheers2:

Gabby---everyone is not like you. Really. They just aren't.