PDA

View Full Version : My last-ditch attempt...

musicman
10-22-2008, 05:01 PM
...to communicate some sanity and reality to the Republican Party; a link to my nonprofit website:

http://clooneytunes.com/

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 05:10 PM
You're not much for commercial considerations are you, mm?

...to communicate some sanity and reality to the Republican Party; a link to my nonprofit website:

First, the name of your site looks pretty much like a cartoon ripoff and secondly if Gene Krupa and Slingerland drums are what epitomizes you I would personally continue looking for clarity and truth in my life. Thirdly, if this is your last ditch effort does that mean we won't be hearing from you again? Dig it?!??!!?!?!?!?!!??!?!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Gaffer
10-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Good to see you posting again.

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks, guffer.

I've been busy for the last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathianne
10-22-2008, 05:19 PM

Hey! Long time no see! The madness will end 2 weeks from yesterday!

musicman
10-22-2008, 05:23 PM
You're not much for commercial considerations are you, mm?

I never wanted to be rich and famous - and, so far, it's working out really well for me.

First, the name of your site looks pretty much like a cartoon ripoff

That's because it is...

and secondly if Gene Krupa and Slingerland drums are what epitomizes you I would personally continue looking for clarity and truth in my life.

Certainly, as a drummer, you'll agree that any drummer, anywhere, doing anything, owes a huge debt of gratitude to the father of the modern drumkit, won't you? Not the greatest of all time, but Mr. Krupa blazed the trail for all who came after.

The modern day Slingerland Drum Company is pretty much in the crapper, I'll agree. Back in the day, though...

Thirdly, if this is your last ditch effort does that mean we won't be hearing from you again?

Don't you just wish???!!!

Dig it?!??!!?!?!?!?!!??!?!

Always, man - always...

musicman
10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Hey! Long time no see! The madness will end 2 weeks from yesterday!

Hello, K! How are you?

musicman
10-22-2008, 05:26 PM

Hello, my bro!

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 05:27 PM
I think you have it pretty well nailed, mm!!!!!!!!!!!

I never wanted to be rich and famous - and, so far, it's working out really well for me.

That's because it is...

Certainly, as a drummer, you'll agree that any drummer, anywhere, doing anything, owes a huge debt of gratitude to the father of the modern drumkit, won't you? Not the greatest of all time, but Mr. Krupa blazed the trail for all who came after.

The modern day Slingerland Drum Company is pretty much in the crapper, I'll agree. Back in the day, though...

Don't you just wish???!!!

Always, man - always...

I'm hip to everything you just said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathianne
10-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Hello, K! How are you?

Doing good. I'm still playing your song on my ipod! Going to visit here coming up on the election?

Gaffer
10-22-2008, 05:42 PM
psycobabble doesn't realize that you have forgotten more about music than he'll ever know.

Slingerland was great in it's day. So was Kruppa. As usual psyco doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. But then he's a liberal weenie so it's expected.

musicman
10-22-2008, 05:47 PM
I think you have it pretty well nailed, mm!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hip to everything you just said!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers2:

How's the world treating you?

musicman
10-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Doing good. I'm still playing your song on my ipod! Going to visit here coming up on the election?

Sure am, Kathianne - I miss y'all!

Kathianne
10-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Sure am, Kathianne - I miss y'all!

Good! We need some of your wisdom. ;)

musicman
10-22-2008, 05:51 PM
psycobabble doesn't realize that you have forgotten more about music than he'll ever know.

Slingerland was great in it's day. So was Kruppa. As usual psyco doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. But then he's a liberal weenie so it's expected.

How have you been, pardner? Hey - I just got word on Sammy - he's playing as a single act down south, and practically minting his own money. Couldn't happen to a nicer, or more talented guy, I say!

musicman
10-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Good! We need some of your wisdom. ;)

High praise indeed, m'lady, coming from yourself - thank you!

Gaffer
10-22-2008, 08:27 PM
How have you been, pardner? Hey - I just got word on Sammy - he's playing as a single act down south, and practically minting his own money. Couldn't happen to a nicer, or more talented guy, I say!

Wow, that's great news. He could easily get away with a single act. He's world class on the guitar. Get him to put some of your songs into his act. I bet he would do wonders with Panties On the Floor. :laugh2:

Are you still with Wizard?

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 09:10 PM
It's a jamm, my friend. I deal with it as it comes along.

:cheers2:

How's the world treating you?

Thanks for asking!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 09:18 PM
You have no clue, guffer, as to my experience or knowledge in the musical endeavors and aspirations. Obviously you are not into jamm.

Slingerland was never "great" as you say and neither was Krupa. I was simply kidding mm and you took it too seriously and personally. What a freakin' jerk you are!!!!!!!!!!!!

About that "liberal weenie" thing, guffer, why are you so concentrated on my "weenie"? If it were a "sausage" would you be more interested?

mm and I might not be so in tune politically but I can assure you that I've read enough of his stuff to know that we are very in tune in the jamm considerations. Try again, dumbo.

BTW, my name is Psychoblues to you, guffer.

Abbey Marie
10-22-2008, 09:30 PM
MM is here- how cool is that!

:dance:

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 09:36 PM
I think it is GREAT, abby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MM is here- how cool is that!

:dance:

Will you agree to a group hug?!?!?!?!?!???! ((((((((((((((group))))))))))))))))

Abbey Marie
10-22-2008, 09:45 PM
I think it is GREAT, abby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you agree to a group hug?!?!?!?!?!???! ((((((((((((((group))))))))))))))))

Sure!

http://users.telenet.be/honeybee1/allen.gif

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Now, that's encouraging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure!

Beats the hell out of being tied to a whippin' post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No1tovote4
10-22-2008, 11:11 PM
High praise indeed, m'lady, coming from yourself - thank you!
Now there is a name I haven't seen in some time...

Howzit?

musicman
10-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Sure!

I'm so in there! I've missed y'all!

musicman
10-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Now there is a name I haven't seen in some time...

Howzit?

I'm doing great, No1 - how's yourself?

Lovin' that avatar of yours!!!

Psychoblues
10-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Weed is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing great, No1 - how's yourself?

Lovin' that avatar of yours!!!

It wasn't for me, but go ahead, youngsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How's that War On Drugs going for you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

musicman
10-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Weed is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't for me, but go ahead, youngsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How's that War On Drugs going for you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Ha ha - I was a smokin' machine and a fashion statement back in the day, Psychoblues. Nowadays, I'm just getting high on life!

Psychoblues
10-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Dig that, mm!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha - I was a smokin' machine and a fashion statement back in the day, Psychoblues. Nowadays, I'm just getting high on life!

But, I continue to do a little Busch and occasional small b bush to keep me balanced these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High on life has always been my mantra!!!!!!!!!! I wish more would take advantage of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you really like those inverted flange hoops on the Slingerlands?!?!???!????!!?!?

musicman
10-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Dig that, mm!!!!!!!!!

But, I continue to do a little Busch and occasional small b bush to keep me balanced these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High on life has always been my mantra!!!!!!!!!! I wish more would take advantage of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you really like those inverted flange hoops on the Slingerlands?!?!???!????!!?!?

The Stick Savers? They're pretty nice on toms, I think - they focus the sound slightly, to my ears. But, you still can't do better than a good old Ludwig snare, in my book. Wish I still had one!

Here's to the great old American makes - Ludwig, Slingy, Gretsch, Rogers - even Kent! :beer:

Psychoblues
10-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Holy Moly!!!!!!!! You had me going until you said "Kent"?!?!!?!?!?!?!!??!?!??!

The Stick Savers? They're pretty nice on toms, I think - they focus the sound slightly, to my ears. But, you still can't do better than a good old Ludwig snare, in my book. Wish I still had one!

Here's to the great old American makes - Ludwig, Slingy, Gretsch, Rogers - even Kent! :beer:

I still play Ludwig. I have 2 sets of them, one set of Trixon and a brand new set of Mapex. I am absolutely lost without my Ludwigs!!!!!!!!!!!! I fully appreciate Slingerland, Gretch and even Rogers. But,,,,,,,,,Kent?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Did you ever do Camco or it's now merchandised DW? Good kicks and good strokes, my friend!!!!!!!! But, I'll always be a Ludwig/Avedis Zildjian drummer. I'm now too damned old to change that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

musicman
10-23-2008, 01:38 AM
Holy Moly!!!!!!!! You had me going until you said "Kent"?!?!!?!?!?!?!!??!?!??!

I still play Ludwig. I have 2 sets of them, one set of Trixon and a brand new set of Mapex. I am absolutely lost without my Ludwigs!!!!!!!!!!!! I fully appreciate Slingerland, Gretch and even Rogers. But,,,,,,,,,Kent?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Did you ever do Camco or it's now merchandised DW? Good kicks and good strokes, my friend!!!!!!!! But, I'll always be a Ludwig/Avedis Zildjian drummer. I'm now too damned old to change that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRIXON???!!! Man, are we ever digging up some history; I'd love to see those!

Ah, Kent - the old "budget brand", ha ha! But, you know, it was those guys and Gretsch who got the whole straight (non-reinforced), thin maple shell thing going. Gretsch workmanship was certainly better, though; guess that's how Kent saved a dime here and there - sloppy drilling, unfinished insides, and stuff like that. I'm actually using one in my "American Hodgepodge" kit - one American-made drum from every decade, 60's through the present. Sucker sounds pretty good, too - it just needed some TLC. Well, LOTS of TLC!!!

Never did the Camco thing, but I was one of the first guys in this area to buy the DW 5000. All the other drummers in town were FREAKED - "A CHAIN DRIVE PEDAL - WTF???!!!" We'd never seen, or played, anything like it - just revolutionary. And that was, as you pointed out, Camco's baby all the way.

What great fun this is, Psychoblues - let's keep it going! I'm gonna hit the hay for right now, but I know I'll be running in to you soon. Have a good morning!

Psychoblues
10-23-2008, 02:22 AM
Awwwwww, the Trixons, my friend. Mine are the conventional straight shapes in the typical 4 piece set up. They are done in the Red Croco (red alligator) finish and if I must say so they are freaking GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as drums go, however, they ain't jack shit!!!!!!!!!!!! Like Rogers, you simply can't tune them to any pleasing tone, the hardware is atrocious and they really ain't much for setup and teardown other than the spring loaded cymbal, snare and hi-hat stands. Everything else is real screwed, if you know what I mean?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

TRIXON???!!! Man, are we ever digging up some history; I'd love to see those!

Ah, Kent - the old "budget brand", ha ha! But, you know, it was those guys and Gretsch who got the whole straight (non-reinforced), thin maple shell thing going. Gretsch workmanship was certainly better, though; guess that's how Kent saved a dime here and there - sloppy drilling, unfinished insides, and stuff like that. I'm actually using one in my "American Hodgepodge" kit - one American-made drum from every decade, 60's through the present. Sucker sounds pretty good, too - it just needed some TLC. Well, LOTS of TLC!!!

Never did the Camco thing, but I was one of the first guys in this area to buy the DW 5000. All the other drummers in town were FREAKED - "A CHAIN DRIVE PEDAL - WTF???!!!" We'd never seen, or played, anything like it - just revolutionary. And that was, as you pointed out, Camco's baby all the way.

What great fun this is, Psychoblues - let's keep it going! I'm gonna hit the hay for right now, but I know I'll be running in to you soon. Have a good morning!

Thanks for the holler back, mm, and I certainly will be seeing you later, alligator, if you so choose to remake your bed here on the DP board. We certainly need another voice here and I can't think of a better one than yours to embellish these hollow halls of political and life discourse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get a straight up 4/4 shuffle, Caledonia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Key of G, that's A minus 1 if you can dig it?!?!!??!?????!?!?!?!?