PDA

View Full Version : A Coming Event? EPA Knocking On Your Door?

Kathianne
10-22-2008, 06:45 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122445812003548473.html

Obama's Carbon Ultimatum
The coming offer you won't be able to refuse.

Liberals pretend that only President Bush is preventing the U.S. from adopting some global warming "solution." But occasionally their mask slips. As Barack Obama's energy adviser has now made clear, the would-be President intends to blackmail -- or rather, greenmail -- Congress into falling in line with his climate agenda.
[Review & Outlook] AP

Jason Grumet is currently executive director of an outfit called the National Commission on Energy Policy and one of Mr. Obama's key policy aides. In an interview last week with Bloomberg, Mr. Grumet said that come January the Environmental Protection Agency "would initiate those rulemakings" that classify carbon as a dangerous pollutant under current clean air laws. That move would impose new regulation and taxes across the entire economy, something that is usually the purview of Congress. Mr. Grumet warned that "in the absence of Congressional action" 18 months after Mr. Obama's inauguration, the EPA would move ahead with its own unilateral carbon crackdown anyway.

The EPA hasn't made a secret of how it would like to centrally plan the U.S. economy under the 1970 Clean Air Act. In a blueprint released in July, the agency didn't exactly say it'd collectivize the farms -- but pretty close, down to the "grass clippings." The EPA would monitor and regulate the carbon emissions of "lawn and garden equipment" as well as everything with an engine, like cars, planes and boats. Eco-bureaucrats envision thousands of other emissions limits on all types of energy. Coal-fired power and other fossil fuels would be ruled out of existence, while all other prices would rise as the huge economic costs of the new regime were passed down the energy chain to consumers.

The strategy is most notable for what it says about the climate-change lobby and its new standard bearer. Supposedly global warming is the transcendent challenge of the age, but Mr. Obama evidently doesn't believe he'll be able to convince his own party to do something about it without a bureaucratic ultimatum. Mr. Grumet justified it this way: "The U.S. has to move quickly domestically . . . We cannot have a meaningful impact in the international discussion until we develop a meaningful domestic consensus."

Normally a democracy reaches consensus through political debate and persuasion, but apparently for Mr. Obama that option is merely a nuisance. It's another example of "change" you'll be given no choice but to believe in.

hjmick
10-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Dear Leader will save us all...

April15
10-22-2008, 07:28 PM
They would love my house. I don't think they would be able to find any excess carbon coming from me.

10-22-2008, 08:13 PM
They would love my house. I don't think they would be able to find any excess carbon coming from me.

Funny, i think youd be full of hot air....

Seriously, how anyone not see that this is just going to be used as some wackos to start killing people for breathing?

Gaffer
10-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Funny, i think youd be full of hot air....

Seriously, how anyone not see that this is just going to be used as some wackos to start killing people for breathing?

I see it that way. If they come to my house they better come heavily armed and expect casualties.

manu1959
10-22-2008, 09:08 PM

you breath out co2.....co2 causes global warming.....

theHawk
10-22-2008, 11:22 PM
The EPA has way too much power to destroy people's lives already. I can't imagine what they will become under el Cokehead.

If McCain was smart he would of promised to abolish or at least cut in half the EPA.

April15
10-23-2008, 12:45 PM
you breath out co2.....co2 causes global warming.....I did not respond on purpose.

April15
10-23-2008, 12:47 PM
The EPA has way too much power to destroy people's lives already. I can't imagine what they will become under el Cokehead.

If McCain was smart he would of promised to abolish or at least cut in half the EPA.I have a hard time with your statement about the EPA destroying peoples lives. Please explain as I only have seen positive from the laws.