PDA

View Full Version : Study: McCain coverage mostly negative

stephanie
10-22-2008, 09:21 PM
well knock me over with a feather..I'd of never guessed:rolleyes:

By MICHAEL CALDERONE | 10/22/08 1:59 PM EDT Text Size:

Just 14 percent of the stories about John McCain from the conventions through the final presidential debate were positive in tone, according to a study.
Photo: AP

The good news for John McCain? He's now receiving as much attention from the national media as his Democratic rival. The bad news? It’s overwhelmingly negative.

Just 14 percent of the stories about John McCain, from the conventions through the final presidential debate, were positive in tone, according to a study released today, while nearly 60 percent were negative — the least favorable coverage of any of the four candidates on the two tickets.

The study, by The Pew Research Center's Project for Excellence in Journalism, a nonpartisan journalism watchdog organization, examined 2,412 stories from 43 newspapers and cable news shows in the six-week period beginning just after the conventions and ending with the final presidential debate.

read the rest..
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14829.html

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 09:33 PM
He is certainly not giving much in the positive column, is he, stevie?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

hjmick
10-22-2008, 09:55 PM
This paragraph stood out for me (emphasis mine):

“Much of the increased attention for McCain derived from actions by the senator himself, actions that, in the end, generated mostly negative assessments,” the study found. “In many ways, the arc of the media narrative during this phase of the 2008 general election might best be described as a drama in which John McCain acted and Barack Obama reacted.”

manu1959
10-22-2008, 09:57 PM
He is certainly not giving much in the positive column, is he, stevie?

i guess it depends if you work for a living or expect someone else to do it for you.....

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Don't be so coy, m'59?!?!?!?!???!?!?!??!?!

i guess it depends if you work for a living or expect someone else to do it for you.....

If you have it in your heart and mind just spit it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worthless jerk that you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!