PDA

View Full Version : Keating Law Firm Donates $50,000 To McCain Campaign

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 10:34 PM
How many remember the Keating 5 scandal?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? Here's some payback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source: UK Times Online

Those voting for the first time this year may not have even been alive during the Keating Five scandal, the political corruption case that threatened Charles_keating to end John McCain's political career back in 1989. Much to the chagrin of those Democrats gesticulating wildly at the very silent elephant in the room, the Obama campaign has largely refrained from touching upon the issue, perhaps preferring to leave past associations well alone, for understandable reasons.

But sometimes history throws little reminders into our present path, and this is one of those times. Campaign finance records have revealed that the law firm founded by Charles Keating - before he went to jail for fraud, racketeering, and conspiracy for his activities as chairman of Lincoln Savings and Loans - has made donations totalling over $50,000 to McCain's campaign.

The Center for Responsive Politics has done the maths, and says: "In amounts ranging from $200 to $2,300, about 30 partners and employees of the legal firm Keating, Muething and Klekamp, as well as their family members, have contributed $50,200 to McCain's 2008 campaign. All but two of the contributions came in July, and all but three of those July donations were logged on July 31, suggesting they were delivered at the same time. As with any bundle of campaign contributions, it's difficult to determine which donor was the "bundler," the person who solicited the contributions on the campaign's behalf. McCain's online roster of bundlers, which purports to name any individual bundling $50,000 or more for the campaign, does not associate any of McCain's major fundraisers with the Keating firm."

This is not improper in itself, and the only Keating included in the bundle is William J. Keating, Jr., Charles Keating's nephew, who is listed as a partner in the firm and contributed $1,000.

But it reminds us of McCain's role in "The Keating Five," a group of senators who received a total of $1.4 million in campaign contributions connected to Keating and personally intervened with government regulators to allow Lincoln Savings and Loans to make highly risky investments that defrauded thousands of investors and cost taxpayers $3.4 billion.............................

More: http://timesonline.typepad.com/uselections/2008/10/keating-law-fir.html

What goes around comes around you fuckin' idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

theHawk
10-22-2008, 10:48 PM
McCain never had a "role" in the "Keating Five". The Democrats never found anything on him. The Democrat doing the investigating wanted McCain cleared from the start, but the Dems in Congress didn't because he was the only one in the scandel that had a (R).

And what would keep individuals that are currently in the company now from donating? They have nothing to do with the scandel other than they are part of the same lawfirm decades later. Are they not allowed to participate in this years election process? There is something wrong with the Keating Nephew from donating to the candidate of his choice?

You libs sure are getting desperate! I thought Obama was up like 20 points or something? You're acting so worried!

stephanie
10-22-2008, 10:50 PM
McCain never had a "role" in the "Keating Five". The Democrats never found anything on him. The Democrat doing the investigating wanted McCain cleared from the start, but the Dems in Congress didn't because he was the only one in the scandel that had a (R).

And what would keep individuals that are currently in the company now from donating? They have nothing to do with the scandel other than they are part of the same lawfirm decades later. Are they not allowed to participate in this years election process? There is something wrong with the Keating Nephew from donating to the candidate of his choice?

You libs sure are getting desperate! I thought Obama was up like 20 points or something? You're acting so worried!

:laugh2::clap:

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 10:59 PM
The article indicates differently, huk.

Do you have anything other than your idiotic and uninformed opinion to back up anything that you said?

theHawk
10-22-2008, 11:03 PM

Do you have anything other than your idiotic and uninformed opinion to back up anything that you said?

Of course you article "indicates differently" pb, it left out all those facts. :laugh2:

Whats the matter, can't answer simple questions I asked?

10-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Let's see if I get this straight:

McCain gets found innocent of a scandal 20 years ago and thats a campaign issue.

But

1)ACORN falsely registering tens of thousands of people in multiple states in order to steal the election from Obama,
2)Obama's multiple ties to radicals,
3)Democrat responsibility for the financial crisis,
4)Joe Biden tells us to expect international crisis's to test Obama due to his inexperience,

And these are just desperate distractions from Republicans to take away from the issues.

Yurt
10-22-2008, 11:21 PM

the special prosecutor or investigator has flat out said mccain is innocent, appeared on hannity a bit ago and reaffirmed that statement loud and clear...stop getting your facts from bathroom stalls

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 11:26 PM
As ridiculous as I find your single question to be, I find no problem other than the history. Maybe someday we'll get to find out the complexity of that decision to contribute that huge amount of money?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? Think so?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Of course you article "indicates differently" pb, it left out all those facts. :laugh2:

Whats the matter, can't answer simple questions I asked?

You know me better than that, huk, or are you really the total fuckin' idiot that you usually portend yourself to be?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??! Be aware, this escalation begets others?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??! Dig it? I doubt it?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

theHawk
10-22-2008, 11:41 PM
As ridiculous as I find your single question to be, I find no problem other than the history. Maybe someday we'll get to find out the complexity of that decision to contribute that huge amount of money?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? Think so?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

You know me better than that, huk, or are you really the total fuckin' idiot that you usually portend yourself to be?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??! Be aware, this escalation begets others?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??! Dig it? I doubt it?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

The complexity of their decision? My guess would be that they are rich lawyers and they don't want a Marxist loving shitbag winning the Presidency.

You can contiue to search the bottom of your bottle for a more complex answer as to why some people in a lawfirm might want to donate to a candidate during an election season. I, however, have got work in the morning so I'm hitting the hay. Peace.

Psychoblues
10-23-2008, 12:13 AM
I simply shared an article with which you disagree and further call into question my own credibility, huk. I didn't write the goddamned article, OK?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

The complexity of their decision? My guess would be that they are rich lawyers and they don't want a Marxist loving shitbag winning the Presidency.

You can contiue to search the bottom of your bottle for a more complex answer as to why some people in a lawfirm might want to donate to a candidate during an election season. I, however, have got work in the morning so I'm hitting the hay. Peace.

Other posters here intimate that John McCain was completely uninvolved. He WAS censured by the Senate for his involvement and that's a fact. The truth is inconvenient, isn't it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?

Peace?!?!?!???! Who you trying to fool, Mr. Hawk?

PostmodernProphet
10-23-2008, 06:03 AM
Keating Law Firm Donates $50,000 To McCain Campaign

good, I hope he uses the money to communicate to voters that Obama is a far left radical masquerading as a moderate....

I simply shared an article with which you disagree and further call into question my own credibility, huk. I didn't write the goddamned article, OK?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

now be fair, psych....we don't need to impune other folks' writings to you to determine your lack of credibility......we can get enough of that from what you DO write.....

theHawk
10-23-2008, 08:19 AM

Your credibility is not in question, sir. We all know you have little....

Psychoblues
10-23-2008, 11:48 PM
"We all"??????? You got a mouse in your pocket, huk?

Your credibility is not in question, sir. We all know you have little....

Admittedly on this particular site there are few that might gree with me on most any issue but there are a few that agree with me on many things. Hell, I even agree with almost everyone here at one time or another, huk!!!!!!!!!!! The climate of discourse here, however, is generally not conducive to agreement on anything of significance and is certainly not apt to change anything with which any of us claim as important.

This is a freaking message board that claims to embrace political diversity and sharing of opposing points of view. That's the fun of it, isn't it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I sure as hell wouldn't want to be posting on a board full of "me too" dittoheads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
10-24-2008, 12:12 AM
lookie here, we have a poet on the board...

from yurt we get yuk
from hawk we get huk

how cute

Psychoblues
10-24-2008, 02:00 AM
You know damned well I love both of you, huk and yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lookie here, we have a poet on the board...

from yurt we get yuk
from hawk we get huk

how cute

But I don't think either of you are "cute"?!?!?!??!?!????!??