PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Minutemen 43 for 54 in 3-day border watch

Little-Acorn
03-20-2007, 11:37 AM
This goes on nearly every weekend along the border. All the screaming you hear from illegal-alien boosters, about Minutemen being "racist" or "trigger-happy" or whatever the next smear will be, comes from people who were not there, will never show up, and have never seen what Minutemen actually do.

------------------------------

http://forum.minutemanhq.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9058

ARIZONA MCDC 43 FOR 54 DURING THREE DAY BORDER WATCH OPERATION
March 16-18, 2007

by Chris Simcox

Last week, at the end of his 5-day tour of Latin America President Bush visited Mexico to meet President Felipe Calderón where he continued to espouse his policy of accommodation that is blatant appeasement, vowing his continued commitment to so-called “comprehensive immigration reform.”

"Mr. President [Calderón], my pledge to you and your government -- but, more importantly, the people of Mexico -- is I will work as hard as I possibly can to pass comprehensive immigration reform."

While the President was pledging to assist the criminal invasion of the United States, volunteers of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps were pledging their active support to the American people and the U.S. Border Patrol. In Arizona’s Altar Valley, 43 MCDC volunteers spent three days doing what the President of the United States refuses to do -- defending our national security and providing resources and assistance to the mission of the United States Border Patrol.

MCDC volunteers observed 54 individuals suspected of being in the United States illegally -- 43 of the 54 were summarily apprehended by Border Patrol -- 11 of them escaped into the night. The responsibility for the potential of those 11 who escaped to commit further crimes, perhaps of violence, on the American people will lie with President Bush and the members of Congress who “pledge” commitment to comprehensive immigration reform, rather than pledging to secure our borders.

During preparations in setting up the headquarters camp for the weekend muster, MCDC volunteers provided water, food and called Border Patrol after six individuals who had entered the country illegally walked right into the MCDC camp and asked for our help. Border Patrol responded quickly to apprehend and repatriate the six individuals back to Mexico.

Friday’s 16- hour operation yielded the apprehension, by U.S. Border Patrol agents, of 25 suspected illegal aliens including one from Guatemala and one from El Salvador, the remaining individuals being from Mexico. The group of suspected illegal aliens was forced to wait on the ground for over an hour while a Border Patrol supervisor could reach the scene to “interview” the group to ascertain whether they had been “illegally detained, harassed or abused” by volunteers of the MCDC. The group lauded the kindness of the MCDC volunteers during the “interview” -- as they happily drank water and feasted on a large pizza provided by the MCDC shift supervisor. The pizza was intended for the volunteers, but was shared with the illegal aliens after they told volunteers they had not eaten in two days.

Saturday night’s operation turned out to be a different story. Border Patrol dispatches heard over the scanner revealed an all-out assault on the border in the Altar Valley. National Guard observers were reporting numerous large groups comprised of up to 50 illegal aliens crossing along the 30-mile sector. No air support was available and Border Patrol agents were stretched to the max as they responded to numerous calls for help. Vanloads full of illegals were stopped on surrounding roads in the Green Valley and Three-points areas. At least two major drug busts were heard on the scanner. MCDC volunteers working two separate areas sat with 17 illegal aliens who walked into our posts and “gave up.” They were given water, food and blankets and had to be awakened by U.S. Border Patrol agents as they slept, after having waited over 4 hours for agents to arrive to apprehend them. Volunteers on the “Bravo” line even gave two men from Chiapas chairs to sit on because the insects and rattlesnakes were crawling everywhere.

“This should never be happening -- we could close this border with more manpower. The Governor (Napolitano) and the President are the cause of this. Crossings are unbelievable right now. I’ve never seen so many people, they’re running everywhere. I’m so mad I could quit. You guys (MCDC) are our heroes -- you’re the only ones actually doing anything to help us,” stated one annoyed Border Patrol agent who arrived to apprehend a group of 7 illegals, among whom were two young teen females, traveling with adult males who were not family members.

MCDC volunteers traveled from Iowa, Nebraska and as far away as Florida on this muster, to do the job the President refuses to permit to be done by our federal authorities. Many thanks to just a few of the new border volunteers I had the pleasure of meeting - Bick and Cindy Bicknell from Wickenburg, Az. , Dave Bertrand who came all the way from Holladay, Tennessee. I had the pleasure to work with Dave on my Saturday night team on the Bravo line. And Leon Lingren who with 2 other patriots traveled from Omaha, Nebraska.

Beginning Saturday March 31, over 3,500 volunteers are expected to attend the MCDC “Stand Your Ground” continuous 30-day border operation in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Washington State, New Hampshire, Vermont and New York.

Mexico’s President Calderón, a vocal proponent of the invasion of the United States who argues that the only way to stem illegal immigration and ensure regional security is to raise the standard of living in Mexico now has the opportunity to provide jobs for 44 more of his citizens who this weekend were apprehended and repatriated by U.S. Border Patrol -- with the assistance of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps volunteers.

President Bush, a liberal when it comes to border security should heed the warning of President Ronald Reagan.

“The specter our well-meaning liberal friends refuse to face is that their policy of accommodation is appeasement, and appeasement does not give you a choice between peace and war, only between fight or surrender. We are told that the problem is too complex for a simple answer. They are wrong. There is no easy answer, but there is a simple answer. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right, and this policy of accommodation asks us to accept the greatest possible immorality.” —Ronald Reagan

Thanks to everyone who ran comms, admin and made this one of the most successful weekend operations we have ever conducted in Arizona.

Chris Simcox
President
Minuteman Civil Defense Corps

5stringJeff
03-20-2007, 12:08 PM
The Minutemen are awesome.

Trigg
03-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Their critics who were screaming about them being racist vigilanties are slowly being silenced. They're doing a great job. :salute:

Little-Acorn
03-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Their critics who were screaming about them being racist vigilanties are slowly being silenced.

Not silenced, just ignored, as they should be.

They're planning a new series of massive demonstrations this May 1st. Be interesting to see if they get the same numbers they did last year. My prediction is, they'll get a lot fewer.

I'm thinking of showing up at one, with a sign that says:

ILLEGALS AGAINST
LAW ENFORCEMENT

...and marching with them in their big demonstration to point out what they really have in mind.

Any guesses how long that sign will last, among all those peaceful "immigrants" who have no violent tendencies, respect the rule of law, and only want to do the jobs Americans refuse to do??

They're doing a great job. :salute:

Thank you. Come on over and join the fun!

Little-Acorn, aka MinutemanEagle1

Gaffer
03-20-2007, 09:56 PM
The Minute Men deserve as much support as the troops are getting. They are doing an outstanding job.

Little-Acorn
03-21-2007, 03:02 PM
The Minute Men deserve as much support as the troops are getting.
If I may say so, the troops deserve a lot more support. We Minutemen very rarely get shot at, haven't gotten blown up ever, almost never face hand-to-hand combat, and aren't obligated to do what we're doing at all. We can jump in the car and go home anytime, and come back later if we feel like it.

Our troops have none of those options, and a lot of them are getting killed. All of them are away from their families for months if not years. And they can't leave just because they feel like it.

The only reason the Minutemen even get the attention we do, is because the border is so thinly manned, that even the occasional attention the Minutemen give it, makes a significant difference.

The Minutemen do make some sacrifices, but they pale in comparison to what our troops are doing, all day every day.

Gaffer
03-21-2007, 04:24 PM
If I may say so, the troops deserve a lot more support. We Minutemen very rarely get shot at, haven't gotten blown up ever, almost never face hand-to-hand combat, and aren't obligated to do what we're doing at all. We can jump in the car and go home anytime, and come back later if we feel like it.

Our troops have none of those options, and a lot of them are getting killed. All of them are away from their families for months if not years. And they can't leave just because they feel like it.

The only reason the Minutemen even get the attention we do, is because the border is so thinly manned, that even the occasional attention the Minutemen give it, makes a significant difference.

The Minutemen do make some sacrifices, but they pale in comparison to what our troops are doing, all day every day.

Yes that's all very true, but you do a great job and I get tired of the belittling the media gives you guys. You deserve the respect of the nation. :salute: