PDA

View Full Version : A Creative Approach To Income Redistribution

red states rule
10-23-2008, 05:15 PM
I got this in an email

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read "Vote Obama, I need the money." I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on a "Obama 08" tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference--just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient deserved money more.

I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application

Yurt
10-23-2008, 05:31 PM
how true it is

red states rule
10-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Yurt, it is always easy to give away other people's money

Using Obama's outlook, why is it fair Brett Farve has the record for passing yards? The NFL should take away some of those yards and redistribute some to the other QB's on the list

retiredman
10-23-2008, 08:37 PM
I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said something about it being OK for society to consist of “have mores” and “have lesses” but that we should never get to the point where there are “haves” and “have nots”. Huey Long, the fiery populist from Louisiana put it similarly when he said that nobody ought to be able to have too much if there was anybody who didn’t have enough. I would have to think that Jesus would agree. There will be people in America tonight that don’t have enough. There will be people in America tonight that are hungry. There will be people in America tonight that are sleeping outside in the cold. Think about them. Pray for them.

red states rule
10-23-2008, 08:54 PM
I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said something about it being OK for society to consist of “have mores” and “have lesses” but that we should never get to the point where there are “haves” and “have nots”. Huey Long, the fiery populist from Louisiana put it similarly when he said that nobody ought to be able to have too much if there was anybody who didn’t have enough. I would have to think that Jesus would agree. There will be people in America tonight that don’t have enough. There will be people in America tonight that are hungry. There will be people in America tonight that are sleeping outside in the cold. Think about them. Pray for them.

and after 40 years and $9 trillion in wealth transfers, libs tell us the problem of poverty is worse then ever.

Yet the only answer the left has is to throw more money at the problem

retiredman
10-23-2008, 08:56 PM
and after 40 years and $9 trillion in wealth transfers, libs tell us the problem of poverty is worse then ever.

Yet the only answer the left has is to throw more money at the problem

and you cannot prove that if we had done it your way, it would be better.

red states rule
10-23-2008, 08:56 PM
and you cannot prove that if we had done it your way, it would be better.

Well I sure as hell know your way has not worked. It has made the problem worse

retiredman
10-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Well I sure as hell know your way has not worked. It has made the problem worse

like I said, you cannot show that your way would have resulted in less poverty.

thanks for playing.

No1tovote4
10-23-2008, 09:00 PM
The "War on Poverty" has been less effective and far more costly to us than the War in Iraq will ever be.

Trillions upon Trillions have been spent over nearly a Century to no effect at all.

It has been equally as effective as the "War on Drugs" which actually creates more problems than it has ever solved. Over time Gangs have been able to arm themselves to near equals of many armies of the world (not ours, but many) and they often move with impunity killing each other and "squares" who may be standing nearby. Putting people who have victimized nobody but themselves and teaching them to be real thugs taking them from their children, enforcing one-parent families...

Sick.

We are sick and we don't seem to EVER learn from our mistakes. We can see the ineffective attempts we make, yet we constantly attempt the same thing with more money. One of the signs of mental instability is to continue doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Let's go and shoot up a few more gang members and put a couple more users in jail. Let's spend trillions more on "poverty", I'm sure it will work this time.

red states rule
10-23-2008, 09:01 PM
like I said, you cannot show that your way would have resulted in less poverty.

thanks for playing.

and what has your side accomplished after redistributing $9 trillion? According to your party the problem is worse then ever

retiredman
10-23-2008, 09:02 PM
and what has your side accomplished after redistributing $9 trillion? According to your party the problem is worse then ever

ike I said, you cannot show that your way would have resulted in less poverty.

thanks for playing

red states rule
10-23-2008, 09:05 PM
ike I said, you cannot show that your way would have resulted in less poverty.

thanks for playing

As usual you duck a simple question.

retiredman
10-23-2008, 09:07 PM
As usual you duck a simple question.
no... it is you who have ducked the question, my friend. You rail against the war on poverty but cannot show how NOT fighting that war would have resulted in LESS poverty than we have today.

again....thanks for playing.

red states rule
10-23-2008, 09:09 PM
no... it is you who have ducked the question, my friend. You rail against the war on poverty but cannot show how NOT fighting that war would have resulted in LESS poverty than we have today.

again....thanks for playing.

Look stupid, you had it your way for 40 years and have not solved anything. Yet you demandwe not only continue down the same path, but increase the amount of money

What makes you think you will attain different results now?

retiredman
10-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Look stupid, you had it your way for 40 years and have not solved anything. Yet you demandwe not only continue down the same path, but increase the amount of money

What makes you think you will attain different results now?

what makes you think that if we stopped fighting the war against poverty that all the poor would some how become NOT poor?

Like I said. you cannot show that your way would have resulted in less poverty.

thanks for playing

and I don't demand anything...I merely play the game of politics like you do.

red states rule
10-23-2008, 09:12 PM
what makes you think that if we stopped fighting the war against poverty that all the poor would some how become NOT poor?

Like I said. you cannot show that your way would have resulted in less poverty.

thanks for playing

After 6 years and $1 trillion you want to wave the white flag of surrender in Iraq; but after 40 years and $9 trillion you want to continue with the "war on poverty"

Liberal logic?

retiredman
10-23-2008, 09:17 PM
After 6 years and $1 trillion you want to wave the white flag of surrender in Iraq; but after 40 years and $9 trillion you want to continue with the "war on poverty"

Liberal logic?

I have never advocated American surrender anywhere. I HAVE advocated that we start fighting the war against our real enemies and withdraw from a civil conflict in Iraq which is none of our business. I want to fight the war against islamic extremism until it is won. I want to fight the war against poverty in America until it is won.

manu1959
10-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I have never advocated American surrender anywhere. I HAVE advocated that we start fighting the war against our real enemies and withdraw from a civil conflict in Iraq which is none of our business. I want to fight the war against islamic extremism until it is won. I want to fight the war against poverty in America until it is won.

so the people traveling to iraq to kill our soliders in the name of allah are not our real enemy......is our real enemy waiting for us somewhere.....

as for poor people......why are they poor......were they born that whay or did they choose it.....or is it all someone elses fault and if only ......

red states rule
10-23-2008, 09:52 PM
so the people traveling to iraq to kill our soliders in the name of allah are not our real enemy......is our real enemy waiting for us somewhere.....

as for poor people......why are they poor......were they born that whay or did they choose it.....or is it all someone elses fault and if only ......

Please consider MFM called our troops in Iraq "infidels" - that shows what he thinks of the troops and the US military

retiredman
10-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Please consider MFM called our troops in Iraq "infidels" - that shows what he thinks of the troops and the US military

newsflash: to the citizens of Iraq, our troops ARE infidels. that's a fact.

manu1959
10-23-2008, 09:54 PM

depends on the muslim you talk to.....

red states rule
10-23-2008, 09:55 PM

and to you as well

retiredman
10-23-2008, 10:04 PM
and to you as well

no. not to me at all. They are mostly Christians, as I am.

retiredman
10-23-2008, 10:05 PM

and you would know this how? by talking to muslims in Iraq, no doubt? :lol:

red states rule
10-23-2008, 10:05 PM
no. not to me at all. They are mostly Christians, as I am.

You are the one who tagged them - and took your time coming up with your lame reason for smearing them

Yurt
10-23-2008, 10:09 PM

no kidding, as if we haven't been down this road before and he admitted that yes, not all muslims call us infidels, but now it is a fact

more honest deception

emmett
10-23-2008, 10:14 PM

One way to fight the War on Pverty in America would be to quit giving freebies to lazy folks and make them get off their butts and work. That sir....would do more than any social program the wealthy could pay for to correct the Poverty issue in our country.

Flat Tax would number two. Personally I have never seen a poor person employ anyone. Common sense tells me that the better small businesses do, the money they control, the more jobs will be available. Of course you can have all the jobs available to the public and it is moot if people won't work. They aren't gonna work if they feel like they don't have to. Charity is a prescription for failure.

red states rule
10-23-2008, 10:17 PM
One way to fight the War on Pverty in America would be to quit giving freebies to lazy folks and make them get off their butts and work. That sir....would do more than any social program the wealthy could pay for to correct the Poverty issue in our country.

Flat Tax would number two. Personally I have never seen a poor person employ anyone. Common sense tells me that the better small businesses do, the money they control, the more jobs will be available. Of course you can have all the jobs available to the public and it is moot if people won't work. They aren't gonna work if they feel like they don't have to. Charity is a prescription for failure.

Libs would never go for it.

#1 It would solve the problem and that is the last thing liberals would want to happen

#2 The more people on a government program - the more power the Dems have over them. Dems want as many people as possible dependent on government in some fashion.

Mr. P
10-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Got this via e-mail..Interesting, ain't it?

Here is a creative approach to redistribution of wealth as offered in a local newspaper...

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read 'Vote Obama, I need the money.' I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on a 'Obama 08' tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference--just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I 've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient needed money more.

I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.

red states rule
10-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Great minds think alike sir

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=18973

Yurt
10-26-2008, 04:15 PM
so this story is not true, just a made up situation? i actually thought it was true and told my wife the story....i will recant if the story is not true and never actually happened.

Mr. P
10-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Great minds think alike sir

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=18973

:laugh2: Sorry..a delete is needed.

Yurt
10-26-2008, 04:16 PM
so this story is not true, just a made up situation? i actually thought it was true and told my wife the story....i will recant if the story is not true and never actually happened.

bump before deletion as mr. p and i posted at same time

red states rule
10-26-2008, 04:16 PM
:laugh2: Sorry..a delete is needed.

or a mod can merge them. I find the email spot on, and that is exactly what will happen if the Dems get their way

Kathianne
10-26-2008, 04:28 PM
or a mod can merge them. I find the email spot on, and that is exactly what will happen if the Dems get their way

merged.

Kathianne
10-26-2008, 04:34 PM
bump before deletion as mr. p and i posted at same time

I don't know if true or not, but what if I was Obama like in grades?

The F students, burdened with the stigma should be 'given points' to bring them up to C.

The D students, while trying and failing to hit the mark most of the time, well they need a leg up. Give them some points.

We'll leave the C students alone, for now.

The B students, well they may have more resources, they need to send some points to others. They can have high C's, and they'll benefit by learning to share.

The A students? Well they have so many points they need to share. They did all extra credit, after getting A's on homework and tests. They are at 115%. For crying out loud! Send 45% of their points and spread them around.

My class is currently at C avg. What it will be next semester?

Yurt
10-26-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't know if true or not, but what if I was Obama like in grades?

The F students, burdened with the stigma should be 'given points' to bring them up to C.

The D students, while trying and failing to hit the mark most of the time, well they need a leg up. Give them some points.

We'll leave the C students alone, for now.

The B students, well they may have more resources, they need to send some points to others. They can have high C's, and they'll benefit by learning to share.

The A students? Well they have so many points they need to share. They did all extra credit, after getting A's on homework and tests. They are at 115%. For crying out loud! Send 45% of their points and spread them around.

My class is currently at C avg. What it will be next semester?

the ol' addage regarding true redistribution

since you asked, i will offer the "devil's" advocate...

grades are not resources. you might argue that they are in today's world where grades can get you into the best schools, can get you the best scholarships....and thus ultimately give you the best access to resources, number one being - MONEY.

i am not an expert on marxism, but i would think the argument would be...to each according to their need...hence, those who are smarter, need more and get more

Kathianne
10-26-2008, 05:14 PM
the ol' addage regarding true redistribution

since you asked, i will offer the "devil's" advocate...

grades are not resources. you might argue that they are in today's world where grades can get you into the best schools, can get you the best scholarships....and thus ultimately give you the best access to resources, number one being - MONEY.

i am not an expert on marxism, but i would think the argument would be...to each according to their need...hence, those who are smarter, need more and get more

Ack!!! You used quotes!!! I'm blinded!!! Just kidding. It wasn't about resources per se, rather fairness.

You are a young guy. Have kids? Play Monopoly, wait for your son/daughter to get a pile of money. Take 40% away and give it to the loser. What is their response? "It's not fair!" "I worked hard, to get that."

Yurt
10-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Ack!!! You used quotes!!! I'm blinded!!! Just kidding. It wasn't about resources per se, rather fairness.

You are a young guy. Have kids? Play Monopoly, wait for your son/daughter to get a pile of money. Take 40% away and give it to the loser. What is their response? "It's not fair!" "I worked hard, to get that."

no kids. and yes, kids would instinctively say that as would anyone, save those "educated" to think differently.

fairness comes down to resources kathy. who has more of that or this...what is fair...etc...

my personal opinion: i don't believe god is about total equality as we think it should be....people have gifts that others do not, lucifer decided he wanted more of the pie, so he formed his own government, if you will...and we have seen his government...and though many christians i know say we can see god's government as compared to lucifer's, i don't see it and i wager many others do not see it, hence why i think many believe and support obamamarxist ideology, why should i not have what you have, it is only FAIR