PDA

View Full Version : Bush seeks diplomatic presence in Iran

gabosaurus
10-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Waiting until after the November election (of course), the Bush administration will attempt to open a diplomatic post in Iran. Obviously to negotiate with the dreaded terrorists.
I wonder if McCain will label Bush as "naive," as he did when Obama suggested doing the same thing.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/738741.html

theHawk
10-24-2008, 08:13 AM
When have Bush or McCain ever said we can't have diplomatic relations with Iran?

Maybe you don't know the difference between basic diplomatic relations and agreeing specifically to a meeting between the two heads of state without any preconditions.

stephanie
10-24-2008, 08:24 AM
:lame2:O

Your little Marxist is still a dummy..

Yurt
10-24-2008, 10:56 AM
When have Bush or McCain ever said we can't have diplomatic relations with Iran?

Maybe you don't know the difference between basic diplomatic relations and agreeing specifically to a meeting between the two heads of state without any preconditions.

exactly

hjmick
10-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Maybe we can get the same buildings that housed the last U.S. diplomatic mission to Iran.

You see Gabs, there is a difference between a diplomatic post, an embassy, and negotiating without preconditions. A diplomatic post would be the first step towards re-establishing a relationship with an antagonistic government. This would probably be followed by low level talks, which would in turn result in some agreements and conditions on troubling issues like, oh, I don't know, let's say not blowing Israel off the face of the map. This could then lead to higher level meetings and perhaps, eventually, an embassy.

That is, of course, just speculation on my part as I do not profess to know the ins and outs of international diplomacy.

BTW, I'm still waiting for that link providing proof of my racism.

I would think many of those on DP would identify with Rev. Wright. All of you are steeped in racist thoughts.

Show me one post where I have expressed racist sentiments or retract this statement, liar.

You do remember that slur, don't you?